Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Even if Cov don't go up I don't see him leaving for us.

They're a club where he's building something, we're a club on the down that needs rebuilding and it seems we have little resources finance to rebuild.

It wouldn't make any sense.

Even if we were to have stayed up I don't see that he'd have been attracted by us.

Behave. We would triple his wages and give him the best training facilities in England. This will still be a very attractive job no matter what the doom and gloomers say especially if new gaffer is given funds. We will be very attractive to buyers if Top ever sells up with our infrastructure as well   

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He would be great but I doubt he'd come to the Championship. His next job will be in the Premier League.

I'm not so sure, I think he's done a good job but I can't see a PL team taking a punt. I think a big club like us in the Championship would be about his level (in England anyway).

We just know it will be a disappointment don't we?

All these exciting names from continental Europe, we don't have a clue as a football club as has been said already it will be someone out of work who applies, Smith or some ridiculous appointment like Russell Martin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

In a weird way, a relegated Leicester could a better proposition for a manager, an opportunity with a good championship budget and maybe keep a few players. 

What makes you think he'll have that?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We just know it will be a disappointment don't we?

All these exciting names from continental Europe, we don't have a clue as a football club as has been said already it will be someone out of work who applies, Smith or some ridiculous appointment like Russell Martin.

Its going to be Russell Martin. They've found their new Rodgers and will be obsessed with the idea now.

On 08/05/2023 at 08:56, SemperEadem said:

Ange will fancy another crack at Europe before leaving Celtic.

Side note I think the Celtic board would not sanction another manager move to us for fear of the back lash from Green Brigade/BHOYS. Not that he is coming our way.

...if there was a buy out clause and we met the required amount, they would have to uphold the agreement!!!

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he can go to West Ham!!!

Still think Postecoglou is an option.

why would Ange give up CL football for Championship football.. makes no sense/

At least he can buy/sell players. Rudkin will be managing for him at LCFC.  

Left field suggestion: Wilfried Nancy from MLS, he was managing Montreal Impact for a couple of seasons and did a fuching excellent job with them, then moved to Columbus Crew last December because Montreal's owner is a whackjob and doing well there too.

On 02/04/2023 at 21:25, Paninistickers said:

We'd stay up with Warnock for 10 games. 

This is a 10 game rescue job. Nothing else.

Huddersfield's season's over now, reckon we can get him in for the last 3 games just to do the team talks? lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lfu said:

Left field suggestion: Wilfried Nancy from MLS, he was managing Montreal Impact for a couple of seasons and did a fuching excellent job with them, then moved to Columbus Crew last December because Montreal's owner is a whackjob and doing well there too.

Not at our club.

• Like 1

Main issue is we seem to have no idea what kind of manager we want. 

After sacking Rodgers, Marsch was linked with a lot being said that the club wanted a "red bull style" coach.

However it's now linked to Russel Martin who is far more of a Rodgers high possession style.

Even more baffling is that our January signings of Souttar and Kristiansen don't really suit any of those styles (maybe VK could suit a red bull style 4-4-2)

John Terry has the main manager is not impossible, I know he's said management don't exactly appeal to him, but if he was to find himself being already at the club and in a good position he maybe tempted. Championship maybe his level as well.