Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Really!?

We’re precisely in this mess because we’re so easy to beat. We routinely turn draws into losses and wins into draws by conceding stupid/late goals. We have lost more points from winning positions that anyone else - 6 losses from winning positions; twice as many as the next worst team. 

Even a marginal improvement in defensive basics and a determination to see out games will allow us to leverage our OK attacking play into points

Indeed playing all cavalier like with the inability to defend saw us lose heavily at Brighton and Spurs earlier this season of course! Maybe it worked out more recently playing that "on the front foot" way against Villa and Spurs but perhaps is too risky and the confidence is no longer there to go all out in that way now then rely on the defence - or midfield re Ndidi's gifted pass  to the Villa striker yesterday, causing the defeat - even with a much improved goalkeeper between the sticks at last! 

Edited by Guy

12 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I can see Stowell and saddler being in charge until the end of the season

You could well be right.

However, I'm withholding judgement on the pair until after the Bournemouth match. If its more of the same as yesterday then bin them off ASAP.

However if we see a less defensive approach, and a shackles off go forward set up with the likes of Ndidi and Vardy out and Kels in and Maddison playing more central than it's maybe because they are willing to learn and act upon their findings, then the liklihood of them staying grows.

I just want 3 points  

• Like 1

We need someone who can come in and get a couple of quick results which hopefully keeps up and then can spend the next couple of seasons consolidating us again. Using the next few windows to gradually get the squad to a level we can compete at again. 

Really are starting from scratch. 

Anyone expecting us to get someone to come in and have us challenging for Europe straight away is going to be disappointed. If it happens then great but that won't be the expectation. 

If there is a steady pair of hands who can keep us above water I'd take him..and then hopefully the club runs properly again in regards to our recruitment. 

We just have so few games it’s very difficult. Usually I’d be against a short term appointment but I feel like we need a billy big bollox to come in and get everyone excited for a few games and get some wins. Then look longer term in the summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We just have so few games it’s very difficult. Usually I’d be against a short term appointment but I feel like we need a billy big bollox to come in and get everyone excited for a few games and get some wins. Then look longer term in the summer. 

Agree. But who?

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Absolutely. We are such a mess, and we need someone with clear ideas, confidence and experience, who has been in similar situations before or at least knows what is required to stay up. Big rebuild then required in the summer with a Potter or similar. I think it will be Rafa to be honest. Got mixed feelings on him, but just feel that is the direction the owners will go for this interim role. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

How about Thierry Henry, wants to get into coaching isn't likely to get offered a big job straight away and could see us as a chance to prove himself. The players have to at least give him some respect and listen to him. We are ****ed currently so the risk is less.  Former Belgium assistant manager, we have some Belgians in the squad who would give some input into how good a coach he is. Ask him two questions at interview, why did the Belgium team do so badly at the WC? an what would you have done differently if you were the Head coach in that situation? An get him to take one training session.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

People need to understand the three different pools of manager that we are looking at: interim, permanent now and permanent in the summer.

Smith would be interim. The interim pool is the smallest and the worst, but if it keeps us up, it’s the best option as it allows us to get someone much much better in the summer.

The ‘permanent now’ pool is the one that is most dangerous as it leaves us stuck with someone like Hassenhutl, Marsch or Garcia going into our biggest rebuild ever.

The problem with you interim pool, is that if they work out, they end up getting offered contract extensions. 

• Like 1