Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

At least talk to these foreign managers with no premiership experience. 

...exactly, how is he going to gain any knowledge of what is out there,  in the big world, by being so insular!!!

These so called managers with Premier League experience are out of work for a reason.

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Just seen Sadlers comments about how they set up last night, to contain, to be hard to beat, at home, I'm utterly appalled, we need someone in who doesn't have this attitude, that is not the way we're going to survive.

This SaS apparently dont have the same " who dares wins" motto then.🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I’ve stated it before, it wouldn’t be a popular choice, and a lot of fans would want someone far more glamorous and experienced. Go and get Michael Duff from Barnsley, he’d be on next to nothing, and he’s not going to turn down the option to come to a club like ours from there. He demands standards, doesn’t take any shit, and is a very good man manager in getting the club aligned from top to bottom. He plays good football, strong defensive base and has players from all over the pitch scoring from Barnsley. He might not keep us up but he’d be best placed to rebuild the foundations of a club that is about to go through a shit storm and have to be tight on the purse strings. 

It would be a gamble but we need someone who has experience in the game, could drive the standards and wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg when we’re very likely to be going into financial uncertainty.

Exactly the sort of manager to go for if we get relegated - strikes me as somebody on the way up, with the fundamentals of a Pearson, who would actually come here / be affordable. It's the right sort of thinking for me.

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

What the fvck are Chelsea doing?! How are they not going for Nagelsmann?! 

...Naglesmann has realised who he will be working for and said no, I  should imagine!!!

If you believe our Chairman is out of touch then Boehly  needs to be locked up away from the Koolaid. He runs around throwing money  everywhere hoping that something will stick.

What must the players be thinking?

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If you believe our Chairman is out of touch then Boehly  needs to be locked up away from the Koolaid. He runs around throwing money  everywhere hoping that something will stick.

What must the players be thinking?

"Ka-ching!" In all likelihood!

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What the fvck are Chelsea doing?! How are they not going for Nagelsmann?! 

They've got the same problem as us to a lesser extent. This time of year, a lot of their primary targets won't be available and won't leave their clubs. They probably want someone currently in work. 

• Like 1

Been trying to think outside of the box. If we had a DoF and some football astute staff we could do the following:- 

1) look at no.2's whom have a good reputation and may fancy a move up 

2) Go with someone semi-competent on a two year deal 

3) look at international managers who may be tempted into an interim role until June 

4) Begin to identify managers with success at Championship level or managers which have a good record for dealing with high turnovers in squads. 

My immediate thought to no.3 was Steve Clarke who did initially very well at West Brom and Kilmarnock in roles where they had to build siege mentality. You'd think his contract with the Scottish FA would be paid so low that you'd be able to get on him on an interim deal.