Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Bryn said:

If we go down I’d look at Ryan Lowe if we’re looking at Football League managers.

I mean I’d throw Ian Evatt in there but I’m only because I know him and he’s a top bloke! 

8 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Again, who would do that?

The rot is so deep it will be a miracle to survive.  If he did keep us up then brilliant, if not then I think even the most foolish of people would not slag him down for it.

Mind you, we do have some morons among our fan base...

I really think we’ll survive the drop I’m keeping my optimistic side open until it’s in black & white survive or relegation, I just believe we have enough in the tank to stay up as others around us have harder games than we do I’m keeping the faith for now !🙏

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricey said:

People need to understand the three different pools of manager that we are looking at: interim, permanent now and permanent in the summer.

Smith would be interim. The interim pool is the smallest and the worst, but if it keeps us up, it’s the best option as it allows us to get someone much much better in the summer.

The ‘permanent now’ pool is the one that is most dangerous as it leaves us stuck with someone like Hassenhutl, Marsch or Garcia going into our biggest rebuild ever.

People need to understand the three pools better:

1. Pointless appointment that will fail by May

2. Pointless appointment that will be sacked by July

3. Pointless appointment who will be gone by Xmas

It’s the new new normal. 

7 hours ago, FoxOfMelton said:

The fact that we didn't even have a plan in place to replace Brendan, after an entire season of dire performances, is completely insane.

This, combined with the fact they waited two weeks over an international break, before we turned in an embarrassing performance that even Stevie Wonder could've seen coming if he was a Leicester fan, that was enough to tilt the scales. The club is absolutely ripe with delusion, total incompetence on so many levels and such an abject showing that really does deserve to end in the ultimate humiliation.

Leicester being a well-run club was an illusion. I've long suspected it may have been the case. You can't keep lucking it forever.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we got Rafa in, and we stay up, he’d deserve longer in the job, and the rebuild. If we had him and he took us down, he’s a great candidate to take us straight back up.

I’m think it’s the right appointment tbh

Said it earlier in the thread, Newcastle supporting mate of mine said he was quite good for rebuilding them, had a decent eye for recruitment.

He wants too much though by the sounds of it - but that's the extra price you pay for giving Brendan Rodgers £10mil a year. Everyone will think they're worth more than they are.

Fail to prepare etc.

• Like 1

I was looking through the odds and they pretty much showed that there’s  no obvious favourite at this point. However, I noticed an anomaly and I found it a interesting. 

Whilst most bookies had Bielsa at 20/1 there was one that had him priced a 5/1 favourite. That probably indicates that with that bookie, someone has seriously lumped on him. 🤔

Edited by Lambert09

The simple fact is that our dithering chairman and board made the right decision but far too late!

If you were a half decent manager with any sort of reputation, particularly if currently employed, would you jump ship and come? The best you could hope for is an individual demanding significant compensation who realises that he may be on a hiding to nothing but isn't that bothered anymore.