Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

I mean I’d throw Ian Evatt in there but I’m only because I know him and he’s a top bloke! 

...the suggestion on here are just "little old Leicester,"  requests!!!

I am not saying that these managers put forward have no merit, they could do a fine job sometime down the line, but we aspire to be better than this.

We may have overspent, paid too good a wage and sought to pacify top players to stay here, but this was to match the ambition of the club, and the man who set out the vision.

I would seriously take relegation with the current interim team and look to bring in a young, bright and ambitious coach than to be looking at the names of yester- year being bandied about.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Bournemouth is a true 6 pointer, and here we are, another day of players training without a new manager. 

A day Bournemouth are using to prepare for the game, focussing on the details of their next opponents.

The only hope we have is that we are so disorganised we’re impossible to predict!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The amount posting on here , "we're doomed", "down anyway" is showing a very weak mentality, I wouldn't want those with this defeatist attitude going into a battle with me! 

We're very far from down.

Now the trigger has been pulled the petulant impatience is starting this is only the 4th day since the bullet was fired and surely it makes sense to do due diligence and ensure the appointment is the right fit for the task they are given!

Agree. The lack of mental fortitude we berate the players for is on full display in here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The amount posting on here , "we're doomed", "down anyway" is showing a very weak mentality, I wouldn't want those with this defeatist attitude going into a battle with me! 

Now the trigger has been pulled the petulant impatience is starting this is only the 4th day since the bullet was fired and surely it makes sense to do due diligence and ensure the appointment is the right fit for the task they are given!

Nonsense. We should be panicking, running round like headless chickens and choosing the first name that is suggested on Foxestalk.

Edited by foxpleasure
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Do people feel S&S were that bad that they should not be given Bournemouth? Compared to Crystal Palace it was much improved, no? Not sure we need to be that urgent

Even the known presence of an incoming new manager, will give the players an additional incentive to work harder, in front of the new man. It's a really good idea to get this sorted in the next 24hours

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I think this rather misses the point: after leaving it this long to act on the inevitable we should have had a plan for the next manager. It seems like it’s a total shock we have sacked the manager and now a search begins from scratch. 

It’s not petulant impatience to imagine they may have planned ahead

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Even the known presence of an incoming new manager, will give the players an additional incentive to work harder, in front of the new man. It's a really good idea to get this sorted in the next 24hours

Yeah, I can see this argument,  I actually thought we were much improved on Tuesday, but perhaps as you say a new actual manager be a further kick up the arse, dependant upon who it is of course 

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I think this rather misses the point: after leaving it this long to act on the inevitable we should have had a plan for the next manager. It seems like it’s a total shock we have sacked the manager and now a search begins from scratch. 

Maybe they thought they had a plan but things changed 

11 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Bournemouth is a true 6 pointer, and here we are, another day of players training without a new manager. 

A day Bournemouth are using to prepare for the game, focussing on the details of their next opponents.

The only hope we have is that we are so disorganised we’re impossible to predict!! 

I’m pretty sure we are/have done the same. If anything, by binning Rodgers off we are ten times less predictable now.

7 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

What if their initial plans were totally scuppered by a continued level of ineptitude they were totally not expecting ? 

Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

What if their initial plans were totally scuppered by a continued level of ineptitude they were totally not expecting ? 

Then they are still culpable of neglecting their business.

Succession planning for the loss (unexpected or not) of a key figure in your organisation is a fundamental of running any business. Football has much more reliance upon key figures, making those plans even more important.

I’m staggered at the incompetence of our Board. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe they thought they had a plan but things changed 

Not much of a robust plan then??

”We did plan, but stuff changed so errrrr we don’t have a plan anymore”

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do people feel S&S were that bad that they should not be given Bournemouth? Compared to Crystal Palace it was much improved, no? Not sure we need to be that urgent

I agree I saw nothing in the villa game that makes me think that we need to be in anymore of a rush to appoint someone than we were before it. 

Thought it was much improved compared to Palace and a bad ref cost us a point. 

That said I think it would be wise to bring someone with Premier league survival experience in but it can wait until after the Bournemouth game if it needs to to get the right fit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

They're obviously getting Bournemouth anyway, it's in a couple of days. Even if we hire someone as an interim manager they'll have done all the prep and I'd expect their team selection to take precedent unless we bring in someone ENORMOUSLY strong willed with a VERY specific vision.

But to answer your question - yes, it was pretty awful.

I'm not actually in the "PANIC DOOM AND GLOOM" camp, watching Villa on Tuesday was actually the first time all season I've entertained the possibility we might get relegated and even then I shrugged it off as "we'll see after Bournemouth" because we've got a very kind remaining fixture list and a much better squad than we're credited with.

But come on, it was baaaad. The people coming out with "it wasn't really, we had a man sent off, the players at least looked like they cared!" are really clutching at straws. We made appalling tactical choices, surrendered all initiative and declined all opportunity to do what Palace did and use the occasion as a rousing springboard.

What really did it for me is that Sadler showed so much consistency with the bad decision making that actually got Rodgers sacked. When he goes and someone else steps in you're hoping for them to correct the mistakes of their predecessor. Instead he immediately returns Maddison to the right wing, persists with ignoring Iheanacho, doubles down on stacking defensive players and has us play a passive stand-off block. It was painful to watch long before the red card.

And Villa did nothing to deserve that respect, they were extremely average and only scored when we made silly mistakes. 

If they learn from it then I'm happy for them to stay. The players definitely did look mildly lifted, sure. But you've got to get Maddison back in the middle of the park, you've got to trust one of Tete or Praet to stretch the game on the right, you've got to make the hard choice between Ndidi OR Mendy and as much as we all love him, they've got to drop Vardy and pick one of Daka or Iheanacho to really commit to and build the team around because they're vastly different strikers and the build up play needs to match their skill set.

To me, all Adler represented against Villa was... no actual change. It was just business as usual, it was a bizarre Brendan Rodgers team selection, it was poor Brendan Rodgers substitutes. He was even stood on the side-lines clapping pointlessly. 

Not so sure, there seemed to be more oomph, more willingness to press cohesively, two things that may make all the difference. However, this God of a Man with unshakeable self belief and an iron will you intimate too, would no doubt be extremely welcome.

I too am hoping they would learn from this and be able to guide us to slightly less stinky land of just outside the relegation zone, just not sure we should dismiss them off the back of one game, one I felt we were much better than Rodgers last game, and would, also rather it was just one or the other, as it was noted the dithering in decision making due to constant communication. It really got on my tits.

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agreed, if it wasn’t for KDH’s stupidity we get something out of the game. People are hitting panic stations now because our position is becoming pretty desperate!

Saturday is literally the definition of a 6 pointer, and we have a few of those coming up at home, it’s a double edged sword because we need to win them, if we lose any of them then it’s going to look pretty dire.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're obviously getting Bournemouth anyway, it's in a couple of days. Even if we hire someone as an interim manager they'll have done all the prep and I'd expect their team selection to take precedent unless we bring in someone ENORMOUSLY strong willed with a VERY specific vision.

But to answer your question - yes, it was pretty awful.

I'm not actually in the "PANIC DOOM AND GLOOM" camp, watching Villa on Tuesday was actually the first time all season I've entertained the possibility we might get relegated and even then I shrugged it off as "we'll see after Bournemouth" because we've got a very kind remaining fixture list and a much better squad than we're credited with.

But come on, it was baaaad. The people coming out with "it wasn't really, we had a man sent off, the players at least looked like they cared!" are really clutching at straws. We made appalling tactical choices, surrendered all initiative and declined all opportunity to do what Palace did and use the occasion as a rousing springboard.

What really did it for me is that Sadler showed so much consistency with the bad decision making that actually got Rodgers sacked. When he goes and someone else steps in you're hoping for them to correct the mistakes of their predecessor. Instead he immediately returns Maddison to the right wing, persists with ignoring Iheanacho, doubles down on stacking defensive players and has us play a passive stand-off block. It was painful to watch long before the red card.

And Villa did nothing to deserve that respect, they were extremely average and only scored when we made silly mistakes. 

If they learn from it then I'm happy for them to stay. The players definitely did look mildly lifted, sure. But you've got to get Maddison back in the middle of the park, you've got to trust one of Tete or Praet to stretch the game on the right, you've got to make the hard choice between Ndidi OR Mendy and as much as we all love him, they've got to drop Vardy and pick one of Daka or Iheanacho to really commit to and build the team around because they're vastly different strikers and the build up play needs to match their skill set.

To me, all Adler represented against Villa was... no actual change. It was just business as usual, it was a bizarre Brendan Rodgers team selection, it was poor Brendan Rodgers substitutes. He was even stood on the side-lines clapping pointlessly. 

For me it seemed the tactic for our block was to let Vardy dictate it. 

That worked with peak JV, but an unfit aging JV just meant the block went deeper and deeper as his legs ran out. But the manager’s hadn’t got the sense to change it after 55 mins.