Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Couldn't care less if he was American, St Lucian or from Mars, he's just not what we want or need. I'm dead against this because, to me, it's another nail in the coffin, another sign that the club's hierarchy don't have a clue what they are doing.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Hassenhüttl > marsch. Marsch hasn't done anything in this division 

This. I get that the two 9-0s put people off, and I completely get that but Hassenhuttl did a good job for a long time at Southampton.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why would Ndidi be pressing,  he should be nowhere near the opponents box!!!

If we play an uptempo game it is natural to press, win the ball higher up the pitch and attack with support. 

Like Rodgers you seem to be making the sane mistake of involving Wilf in the attacking phase, it leaves the backline exposed and he is then caught out of position and scrambling to get back. It is noticeably when he is running towards his own goal he is not effective, so long as the game is infront of him, he can mop up all night.

Another mistake that we are making is picking Nacho to lead the line. His best asset is in a 4-3-3 with Barnes and Tete or Praet alongside. We keep putting up team sheets with him leading line, as if we have never seen him play before. 

just to clarify I don’t mean press in the opponents box. Marsch tactics are very fluid when players understand them. Case in point at Salzburg in 2 seasons he used 11 different formations. When I talk about pressing I mean across the pitch, players are given zones in which they press into, it’s unlikely a player like Ndidi would be pressing in the opponents box. His tactics often stifle the midfield and push play out wide to create a 3 on 2 situation where a midfielder will join the press on the winger, and our winger would press the opposing left back to stop the overlap. So it would be their left back and winger vs our left back and winger + midfielder. 

The pressing that Jesse employs is more zonal and group orientated rather than a traditional “everyone push up” 

he goes into more detail on his analysis videos on YouTube and explains it far better than I can, if I have chance to find it later I’ll drop a link 👍

Marsch’s problem is that he talks too much. He gives away everything he wants to do because he yearns for credibility and wants everyone to see how much he knows. 

He does give a sh*t about what he does, though, and would certainly be up for a fight. I don’t think we’d hear any “Fiat vs. Ferrari” talk from the Princeton man. 

5 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Hassenhüttl > marsch. Marsch hasn't done anything in this division 

Good point on this, I’ve made it clear I rate both of them highly and I’d be happy with both. Hasenhuttls record is superior in the premier league, Marsch stats tend to be better elsewhere, it can be quite a difficult comparison between leagues and even between different teams in leagues. Especially when Jesse got sacked, he may have kept them up and progressed the team. But on paper Ralf would be the more solid choice. But Jesse is a bit more exciting in my opinion. 

• Like 1

So we still don't have a manager. WTAF!! I'm now thinking Brendan's arrogance is only matched by the boards incompetence. To have waited so long to act. And then have no replacement lined up is inexplicable to me. Every second counts now. Do they think Mike Stowell is the solution? 

So much of how this season has been managed makes me question the club's agenda. It's all so passive and ce la vie. 

• Like 1

We’ve got to win 5 out of our next 9 and we want this guy.. it makes no sense! 

If you look at Jesse Marsch's record, he only won 11 of his 37 games as Leeds manager. He's only won two of the last 17 and they've got two very important games coming up against Manchester United.

6 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

So we still don't have a manager. WTAF!! I'm now thinking Brendan's arrogance is only matched by the boards incompetence. To have waited so long to act. And then have no replacement lined up is inexplicable to me. Every second counts now. Do they think Mike Stowell is the solution? 

So much of how this season has been managed makes me question the club's agenda. It's all so passive and ce la vie. 

Especially over the last 2 games. Throwing them into the lions den for Man City away where we're expected to get nothing anyway