Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Not that I want to choose but between Hassenhutl and Marsch but I’d go with Hassenhutl. Purely on the fact he’s kept Southampton up before and has more experience. Really don’t want either. 

Yeah agree, if those are the options 

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Not that I want to choose but between Hassenhutl and Marsch but I’d go with Hassenhutl. Purely on the fact he’s kept Southampton up before and has more experience. Really don’t want either. 

sums up perfectly how bad a situation we have landed ourselves in - debating which is the least worst manager that we don't want.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats

Honestly I’d have rather stuck with Rodgers than get Marsch in. Neither of those options are palatable.

Really hope there is nothing in this.

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Some of our fan base are absolutely dripping in snobbishness, stupidity and entitlement. 

They simultaneously say the season is over and we have no chance of staying up and regularly decry the club for being poorly run from top to bottom, yet think we are somehow attractive to any kind of top manager with a winning record and great reputation. 

You can't have it both ways fellas we are shopping in the yellow sticker bargin bin of managers here and someone like marsch is as good as its going to get. Bare in mind he already turned Southampton down earlier on in the season. 

He turned them down because they wouldn’t offer him the length of contract he wanted. Would he take an interim role, or have we offered him the permanent one?

25 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We’ve got to win 5 out of our next 9 and we want this guy.. it makes no sense! 

If you look at Jesse Marsch's record, he only won 11 of his 37 games as Leeds manager. He's only won two of the last 17 and they've got two very important games coming up against Manchester United.

No, we've got to win 1 more than 3 of Forest, Bournemouth, Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Everton or Wolves

If those are the options - and a week ago they were still the options - you sack Rodgers at the end of the season.I don't care how far he'd screwed up or how arrogant he'd become, he's a better option than either of those.

Never mind what's happened on the pitch, the management off the pitch will be responsible for us going down. Complete shit show from day 1.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

This makes it sound like they were going to appoint Benitez but the board read Foxestalk and opted against it.

I meant more that people’s expectations of who we could get were way too high if they were turning their nose up at Rafa

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Some of our fan base are absolutely dripping in snobbishness, stupidity and entitlement. 

They simultaneously say the season is over and we have no chance of staying up and regularly decry the club for being poorly run from top to bottom, yet think we are somehow attractive to any kind of top manager with a winning record and great reputation. 

You can't have it both ways fellas we are shopping in the yellow sticker bargin bin of managers here and someone like marsch is as good as its going to get. Bare in mind he already turned Southampton down earlier on in the season. 

Or they are frustrated that these names, which are uninspiring at best, are the only realistic options because we decided to back a man clearly failing for far too long?

I'd rather we had Hassenhuttl but Marsch at least exudes some positivity. Part of our problem has been having to listen to someone negative and putting the players down. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Just remind everyone what league that was in. 

I’m here to provide only the positive facts and completely ignore anything to detract from them, call me Rishi

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Or they are frustrated that these names, which are uninspiring at best, are the only realistic options because we decided to back a man clearly failing for far too long?

I'd rather we had Hassenhuttl but Marsch at least exudes some positivity. Part of our problem has been having to listen to someone negative and putting the players down. 

You gotta ask tho, how Rudders and the Board couldn't see the impending disaster after BR slated a number of the squad / said a reset was needed, and after he didn't get it, left him to carry on.  

Shambles.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Why has Jesse Marsch become prime candidate ? There isn’t a rumour for him being number 1 fave anywhere. What’s happened ?

Odds have tumbled over night, he’s odds-on with a couple of bookies now. Not sure the reason, could just be noise, but there’s obviously been a flurry of bets on him from somewhere.

I had a dream last night that we appointed Mark Draper and Mike Whitlow and they were absolutely brilliant. I don't even know if they played together, or if either have managed, but if you're reading this, Top and Susan, this is something to think about.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Can’t believe people genuinely didn’t want Benitiez and now these are the options…

Mate I've been saying this stuff for about 6 months, the amount of decent or even half decent managers we've missed out on compared to what we're gonna end up with us ridiculous.

People think we should have been getting Poch or Mancini when we should have been going for Dyche, Frank, Marco Silva, Benitez, Potter, Beale or various others.

And we're gonna end up with Marsch or MON lol

It's been said 100 times but we truly deserve to go down for being so incompetent.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hassenhuttl hasn't really flopped in the past, but if you'd asked me of I'd have wanted him a year ago I'd laugh at you. But we are light years away from where we were.

I actually think he would be a decent get to try abd get us out of the championship should the worst happen. I'd take him at this point. 

• Like 2