Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hassenhuttl hasn't really flopped in the past, but if you'd asked me of I'd have wanted him a year ago I'd laugh at you. But we are light years away from where we were.

depressingly true. I was excited to finally get rid of Bodgers, but these names we are linked with are peeing all over that excitement. We are in a bloody mess. Just have to try survive this period and stay up, and then big changes need to be made in the summer, from top to bottom. 

I was making fun of Hassenhuttl only a few days ago, but now I want him more than most being mentioned! 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hassenhuttl hasn't really flopped in the past, but if you'd asked me if I'd have wanted him a year ago I'd laugh at you. But we are light years away from where we were.

Agreed. I suspect the Board has no clear idea who they want and we will just drift game by game waiting for an update which won't come. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Craig Bellamy should be cheap as a player manager for a few months.

He’d probably still manage to score against us 

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I had a dream last night that we appointed Mark Draper and Mike Whitlow and they were absolutely brilliant. I don't even know if they played together, or if either have managed, but if you're reading this, Top and Susan, this is something to think about.

Didn't Mark Draper become the kit man at Villa or somewhere? Either way its a bit of a step up......but I think he might just be the man.

According to Wikipedia:

Draper:

Later career in non-league football[edit]

Draper made a brief playing comeback in 2009, signing for non-league side Dunkirk.[7]

Draper was enticed back into the local non league game by Paul Rawden who took Draper to East Midlands Counties Football League side Radford as coach and the pair saved the club from relegation, Draper then followed Rawden to Arnold Town for the 2012–13 season for a brief spell before they both left the club.[citation needed]

Personal life[edit]

He is currently involved in property development.[8] In 2009, he rejoined his old club Notts County as their kit man.[9]

He currently works with ex-Aston Villa footballer Dave Norton at their soccer school "Draper Norton Football", based in Nottingham.[10][11]

Whitlow:

Coaching career[edit]

After leaving Notts County, Whitlow worked for Derby County's academy, before being appointed head of youth development at Mansfield Town in May 2009, following the departure of David Jervis.,[6] he stayed in this job for just over a year before joining Burton Albion in a similar capacity.[7]

In 2014 Whitlow was appointed caretaker manager at Burton Albion after manager Gary Rowett and his coaching staff left the club to join Birmingham City. Whitlow's first game in charge was 1–1 home draw with Plymouth Argyle on 1 November 2014.[8] Whitlow returned to his original role at the club following the appointment of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as manager. In the summer of 2016, he returned to Mansfield Town's academy as coach of their under-18s.

Sounds like this is easily doable but it might need to be a triumverate with Gary Rowett completing the dream team?

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

1-4 with sky bet. Must be something in this afternoon all ? 

Didn't see this coming to be honest. 

Or just people lumping on at 2/1 thinking it’s happening? 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Could easily be that, it’s a well known tactic of bookies to see some money coming into a bet and dropping the price to garner some “fear of missing out” gamblers to hammer it. 

Odds have fallen everywhere but nowhere near as much as on SB, so they are either ITK or they are playing the mugs. 

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It really doesn’t take much to move the odds for next manager, we see it time and time again. Big Sam could be 1/4 by the evening and it wouldn’t mean anything. Let’s see when new wagers are suspended. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Didn't Mark Draper become the kit man at Villa or somewhere? Either way its a bit of a step up......but I think he might just be the man.

I know Mark - he runs a football academy in derby. He isn’t or doesn’t have a desire to become a premier league football manager 

Would highly recommend people watch some of Marsch’s work for the coaches voice, and look a bit deeper into the Red Bull network that he is connected to. I know things at Leeds didn’t work out at the time but he has a fantastic eye for players and has made some cracking signings at Leeds, infact I don’t think a single signing of his was poor there. 

Plays a system that suits Daka as a poacher, very good contacts within the game including people like Rangnick who is one of the most connected men in world football. Access to the RB network used by clubs like Bayern Munich for Data Analysis etc. 

Does he have the record or standing in the game to instantly come in and garner control and respect? Maybe not, but he’s enthusiastic, promotes confidence and is generally upbeat. Long term I genuinely believe he would be a good choice for a rebuild given his network. 

Tactically he’s very misunderstood, he doesn’t really favour formations but favours systems and rules that players follow but often played in similar formations for continuity. Very much like Jurgen Klopp in that regard. He’s an interesting character. 

To be honest right now we could get just about anyone in and go down, we just need to be better than 3 teams, we have the players if only we can unlock them and give them confidence. 

• Like 4