Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

I had a dream last night that we appointed Mark Draper and Mike Whitlow and they were absolutely brilliant. I don't even know if they played together, or if either have managed, but if you're reading this, Top and Susan, this is something to think about.

I'm really hoping there was a spot for Franz Carr somewhere in your dream?

Depends on the deal.

Anything longer than end of next season is ridiculous but I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't admit to wanting him here before he went to Leeds.

He will install as much energy and fight in the side as is possible, but I worry about his defensive record.

Patson will be loving this though, he was incredible under Marsch at Salzburg and God knows we need a striker to hit form.

I think he keeps us up, but I worry about next year.

Gracia’s done well at Leeds, under Marsch they’d won 2 out 15 prior to his sacking or something like that. I don’t think he’s as bad as his Leeds spell but it’s an incredibly unimaginative appointment - typical of this regime. 

The lack of football knowledge at the club is chronic.

• Like 1

When jesse was appointed at leeds there was an immediate turn around. Leeds had a record number of goals conceded / losses in feb last year. Injury problems caused a cascade effect that looked like leeds were doomed.

But somehow jesse got some good away results & they stayed up.

Problem was this season is leeds played too narrow & gave the ball away way way to much so were caught & the opposition punished us. A lot of leeds fans didn't like this style of football. But he seemed to be a good motivator & got the best out of some players who looked garbage, rodrigo up front being the best example.

Guest Mee-9

Based on the odds it will be a longer term deal. 

Bookies are only paying out on a 10 game stint as manager. So i’d imagine it would be this season and next. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're not biased against him because he's American. They're biased against him because he's shit. 

Do yourself a favour and take that fvcking chip off your shoulder once and for fvcking all. 

Certain I've seen at least a couple of posts this morning saying no to him and stating it's because he's American, tbf lol

May well be because he's shit as well but didn't come across as that was their main gripe 

A lot of people ridiculing the idea of Marsch based on his record at Leeds absolutely smacks of the time when FT were ripping apart the people saying we should sack Rodgers and go in for Howe. This idea that a manager or player is only as good as their last club is just ignorant nonsense. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

If it’s him, we’ll be the laughing stock of the division (if we aren’t already)

We have gone from being the envy of most clubs in England to a complete laughing stock in 18 months. It's impressive. 

• Like 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

A lot of people ridiculing the idea of Marsch based on his record at Leeds absolutely smacks of the time when FT were ripping apart the people saying we should sack Rodgers and go in for Howe. This idea that a manager or player is only as good as their last club is just ignorant nonsense. 

I'd have always taken Howe and I would have then too. No thanks to Marsch though.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're not biased against him because he's American. They're biased against him because he's shit. 

Do yourself a favour and take that fvcking chip off your shoulder once and for fvcking all. 

The idea that he’s “shit” is just pure ignorance based on looking at the league table and saying “yeah but Leeds” without ever showing any credibility by going into any detail as to WHY he is shit, where his downfall is and why he wouldn’t do well here. 

I can fully agree the results at Leeds didn’t go to plan, but the idea that this makes him fundamentally a shit manager is just pure ignorant bile if that’s all it’s based on. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Rafa/Hassenhüttl over Marsch! 

Really? I'd be the exact opposite. 

Rafa would be a horrific appointment imo. 

Hassenhuttl never really thrived at Southampton and I never understood the big love in for him. His team's took an absolute smashing once or twice a season too. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The idea that he’s “shit” is just pure ignorance based on looking at the league table and saying “yeah but Leeds” without ever showing any credibility by going into any detail as to WHY he is shit, where his downfall is and why he wouldn’t do well here. 

I can fully agree the results at Leeds didn’t go to plan, but the idea that this makes him fundamentally a shit manager is just pure ignorant bile if that’s all it’s based on. 

I look at the table all the time and think we are shit. :whistle: