Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Gracia’s done well at Leeds, under Marsch they’d won 2 out 15 prior to his sacking or something like that. I don’t think he’s as bad as his Leeds spell but it’s an incredibly unimaginative appointment - typical of this regime. 

The lack of football knowledge at the club is chronic.

This. Club is ran by dinosaurs 🦕

Just now, RobHawk said:

Really? I'd be the exact opposite. 

Rafa would be a horrific appointment imo. 

Hassenhuttl never really thrived at Southampton and I never understood the big love in for him. His team's took an absolute smashing once or twice a season too. 

so why Marsch then? Is it because he has less failure on his CV to date? Seems like it is coming! :P

Rafa did better at Everton with all the crap thrown at him, than Marsch did at Leeds! 

Not that I want Rafa of course, and I imagine he will want a 3 year/high pay deal, which he doesn't deserve. But, I would have many managers before Marsch. 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Well yeah but we are shit 😂 but those same people would die for Eddie Howe right now 😂

I always liked Eddie Howe, but I always liked Rodgers too until about 18 months ago, so what do I know! 

But yeh, we are turd. Can we be polished is the question

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The idea that he’s “shit” is just pure ignorance based on looking at the league table and saying “yeah but Leeds” without ever showing any credibility by going into any detail as to WHY he is shit, where his downfall is and why he wouldn’t do well here. 

I can fully agree the results at Leeds didn’t go to plan, but the idea that this makes him fundamentally a shit manager is just pure ignorant bile if that’s all it’s based on. 

Leeds fan at work said no one knew what his plan A was, let alone a plan B. The football 99% of the time was dull - players apparently were unsure of what it was he wanted from them - and it ended up causing them to ship goals from stupid situations. Maybe the all out attack switch from Bielsa to Marsch was too dramatic, but it didn’t work from almost day one. He was relieved when he was sacked

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'd have always taken Howe and I would have then too. No thanks to Marsch though.

That’s fair enough mate, there were quite a few of us that suggested him and the idea was laughed off because he got relegated at Bournemouth. The point I’m making is that this is the same logic people are using towards Marsch. 

Personally I’m able to admit I’m biased towards liking him because I’ve followed him long before he came to Leeds and have watched tactical analysis of his work at NYRB and Salzburg, but the majority of people shitting on him are doing so purely on the basis of Leeds, and completely ignoring the complexities of football. 

• Like 1

so if it is Marsch then the appointments under King Power will have been: former England manager, manager who left during their take over, high profile guy who declared interest, the caretaker, guy who'd just been sacked by another PL club, guy who'd been in the PL same time as us and was making noises about wanting to return to the league, guy who'd just been sacked by another PL club. This is how gossip panels like Talksport generate a candidate list for callers, not how a professional club should be conducting manager searches

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

so why Marsch then? Is it because he has less failure on his CV to date? Seems like it is coming! :P

Rafa did better at Everton with all the crap thrown at him, than Marsch did at Leeds! 

Not that I want Rafa of course, and I imagine he will want a 3 year/high pay deal, which he doesn't deserve. But, I would have many managers before Marsch. 

I think marsch has a better style of play for me. I also think he did a good job initially at Leeds but struggled with alot of new players this year. Having said that, they still created alot, so at least they were having a good go. 

It's all about opinions and I think marsch could grow and be a top level manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

. Maybe the all out attack switch from Bielsa to Marsch was too dramatic, but it didn’t work from almost day one. He was relieved when he was sacked

worked enough to keep them up to be fair, problem came when the club sold raphina and let him build his own squad. which isn't promising given we're basically gonna be that situation with Maddison this summer

Just now, Pliskin said:

I think it’s got to the stage where we are just trying to convince ourselves that any manager will do a decent job, no matter where they come from.

Yep - same when I had fans telling me Vestergaard will be a solid signing… some people just can’t accept it when the club do something idiotic… 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I think it’s got to the stage where we are just trying to convince ourselves that any manager will do a decent job, no matter where they come from.

No guarantee with anybody even if outstanding at a previous club. 

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're not biased against him because he's American. They're biased against him because he's shit. 

Do yourself a favour and take that fvcking chip off your shoulder once and for fvcking all. 

Read the last ten pages and say that.

• Like 1

Who was it some years ago who had agreed to be manager under Mandaric, but then there was a backlash and Mandaric backed down - was it Colin willy puller? 

I don’t think it’s a good appointment, but I’m willing to give him a go and if has any impact at all he could keep us up. Then we can chop him next season! 

4 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Leeds fan at work said no one knew what his plan A was, let alone a plan B. The football 99% of the time was dull - players apparently were unsure of what it was he wanted from them - and it ended up causing them to ship goals from stupid situations. Maybe the all out attack switch from Bielsa to Marsch was too dramatic, but it didn’t work from almost day one. He was relieved when he was sacked

Most of my family are from Leeds originally and I have a few Leeds mates, and yeah his time was divisive, some could see him trying to build something and others just wanted instant results. 

ultimately the players were not playing his tactics, whether that’s down to Marsch’s ignorance or the players lack of effort is difficult to call in my opinion, but when looking broadly at the work he’s done and the network he is part of I can look past Leeds somewhat, I’ve said already that I’m concerned about his ability to get us going from day 1, but I’d also have that concern for Rafa or Bielsa. 

But overall his tactical philosophy is very much ahead of the current times, I don’t mean that in the sense that he’s above other managers, but that the way he wants teams to play would be in the Pep/Klopp group of managers that want players to be more dynamic in their roles rather than the typical rigid Left wing Right Wing Striker tactics that dominate the premier league bottom half. 
Teams like Bayern Munich etc have been shifting towards this style of play also. 

difficult to properly explain without pages of nonsense, but I think he’s one of those managers that is trying to play exciting progressive football. 

OK, Id have gone Ralph between the two but  I thought Leeds were unlucky on the games won the guy did have a bit about him and i feel as a point to prove..  Leeds looked like a good football side but just never got the results.  people said he was delusional because he believed in a team that was not picking up points,  but the other side to that is I think he will show some fight its his chance and proving himself because he will both be dead in the water otherwise. if he gets this season to save us with the job next year if he does.  

Edited by jamfox

All this Anti-American sentiment is a just bigoted. Can we stop suggesting that as a reason to not hire him? Ridiculous.

I do think Marsch will eventually come good somewhere, but he doesn't inspire me for Leicester. Hassenhuttl is a good coach too. In the past I would have taken him, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Basically there aren't many good choices available to us right now. I'm glad Rodgers has gone, but the board should have had a plan. They really don't seem to at the moment, which is so, so disappointing.

As others have said, we just need a steady pair of hands until the end of the season. Someone who can motivate the players, and at least tighten up our defence.

• Like 2

Is it possible we’re jumping the gun here? No credible media organisation is reporting we’re about to appoint Marsch, and the outlets that are reporting it seem to be basing it solely on bookies’ odds. Surely if this was imminent, a reporter with actual inside knowledge would be reporting it?

• Like 3