Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Maybe we are just broke as F*** and priced out from the majority of Managers. Marsch I imagine is very keen at any chance to manage in the league again, and probably would accept interim with no guarantees of anything in the summer. Already rumoured that Rafa wants 3 years and big pay which would be a no no.

Feels like we are just desperate to get anyone in to take over the mess, and quickly. Hence, this rather strange news that he is now favourite. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Most of my family are from Leeds originally and I have a few Leeds mates, and yeah his time was divisive, some could see him trying to build something and others just wanted instant results. 

ultimately the players were not playing his tactics, whether that’s down to Marsch’s ignorance or the players lack of effort is difficult to call in my opinion, but when looking broadly at the work he’s done and the network he is part of I can look past Leeds somewhat, I’ve said already that I’m concerned about his ability to get us going from day 1, but I’d also have that concern for Rafa or Bielsa. 

But overall his tactical philosophy is very much ahead of the current times, I don’t mean that in the sense that he’s above other managers, but that the way he wants teams to play would be in the Pep/Klopp group of managers that want players to be more dynamic in their roles rather than the typical rigid Left wing Right Wing Striker tactics that dominate the premier league bottom half. 
Teams like Bayern Munich etc have been shifting towards this style of play also. 

difficult to properly explain without pages of nonsense, but I think he’s one of those managers that is trying to play exciting progressive football. 

I would imagine many fans of other clubs would say exactly the same about Rodgers… 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I would imagine many fans of other clubs would say exactly the same about Rodgers… 

Yeah I think I’m guilty of this also but it’s very easy to get sucked into black and white when in reality football is hellishly complicated. In an 11 vs 11 pitch there are thousands of combinations of positions that lead to mistakes/goals. 

don’t get me wrong i like Marsch and think he will be very good in future, but Im not going to lie and pretend im not trying to convince myself he would come good NOW and keep us up and truthfully im not sold. 

I just want to see Daka score man :( 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

All this Anti-American sentiment is a just bigoted. Can we stop suggesting that as a reason to not hire him? Ridiculous.

We're not bigoted to Americans we just don't want a shite manager.

Who is American.

Where shite managers come from.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maybe we are just broke as F*** and priced out from the majority of Managers. Marsch I imagine is very keen at any chance to manage in the league again, and probably would accept interim with no guarantees of anything in the summer. Already rumoured that Rafa wants 3 years and big pay which would be a no no.

Feels like we are just desperate to get anyone in to take over the mess, and quickly. Hence, this rather strange news that he is now favourite. 

Didn't Marsch reject Southampton in the winter because they only wanted him til the summer?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Chelsea fans wanted him back … Win / Win for Frank, be crap and it’s no different to Potter, or pick up some wins, progress in champions league, leave a legend still 

its good for frank , win win..  and some Chelsea fans might be OK, but the wider world of football is laughing its tits off

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Marsch knows football, he wants his teams to play fast and aggressive style of football. His problem is that he’s American and in this country we are still years away from respecting American managers. 

I don't care where he is from. I just don't think he would be a good appointment for these next 9 games. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I actually don’t know a lot about Marsch in all honesty.

His Coaches voice work is a good start. Side note but It’s pretty crazy how deep the Red Bull network actually is across many sports.

Edited by cityfanlee23

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Didn't Marsch reject Southampton in the winter because they only wanted him til the summer?

Jesse Marsch will NOT be taking over at Southampton after talks collapsed at the 11th hour.

Talks between the two parties broke down despite a verbal agreement in place. The former Leeds boss was due to take over from Nathan Jones following his sacking last week.

The decision to appoint the American had divided the opinion, given he struggled with Leeds this season. But after he reportedly stayed in Southampton on Tuesday night, he was widely expected to be confirmed as the new boss at St Mary's at some point on Wednesday.

A verbal agreement had even been made with the two parties expected to announce the deal any minute. But it seems a disagreement over contract length has led to talks breaking down altogether. Southampton were willing to offer the American a six-month deal with the option for longer contract.

10 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

We desperately  need a motivator and leadership for the 9 games, I personally am not adverse to Marsch coming in but I'm no expert like the detractors.

Believe me, neither are they.

I don’t know how to feel about this. I don’t really know what Marsch is good/not good at from a tactical perspective.  

He seems like the arm around motivator that a lot of our squad need. 3 wins and draw. If we win against Bournemouth tomorrow (big if) it’s “only” 2 wins.