Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The anti American sentiment on here really is sickening at times

I was thinking the same. It's quite sad really. Doesn't matter where he is from, as long as he keeps us up. He seems to be a good motivator and that's exactly what we need right now. Also think he's smart enough to know that he won't he able to implement his own style over the 9 games, we have the talent and they just need direction and motivation. Not a terrible appointment in my opinion. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Exactly. I really don't want a Manager in the Rodgers mould for these next 9 games. I get the philosophy of Pep/Klopp, but they have the best players in the world to do it. We have never really had a squad capable of playing that philosophy and it is a big reason why we are in the position we are now. Rodgers obsession with having control of the ball, at the cost of fast/dynamic attacks and also losing the ball in defence, has killed us in so many games. If that is Marsch's style, then that is a big no from me! 

For these next 9 games, we need to cut out the stupid obsession with passing at the back and slow build up, and get someone who demands a physical no nonsense defence, and fast counter attacking football, which suits Barnes, Vardy, Daka and hopefully Tete! 

His teams don’t generally pass around the back and do play fast attacking football. The tifo video on him on at Salzburg is a good watch to explain that. 

My major concern is that his teams all seemed to ship goals which has been our overarching problem all season. That being said I do think his positivity could be what we need to stay up by changing mentality in the squad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The anti American sentiment on here really is sickening at times

Don't worry about it. As Jesus said on this very day a couple of thousand years ago - forgive them Lord for they know not what they do. Anyway, Heskey suffered much worse when we played in Europe. 

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would highly recommend people watch some of Marsch’s work for the coaches voice, and look a bit deeper into the Red Bull network that he is connected to. I know things at Leeds didn’t work out at the time but he has a fantastic eye for players and has made some cracking signings at Leeds, infact I don’t think a single signing of his was poor there. 

Plays a system that suits Daka as a poacher, very good contacts within the game including people like Rangnick who is one of the most connected men in world football. Access to the RB network used by clubs like Bayern Munich for Data Analysis etc. 

Does he have the record or standing in the game to instantly come in and garner control and respect? Maybe not, but he’s enthusiastic, promotes confidence and is generally upbeat. Long term I genuinely believe he would be a good choice for a rebuild given his network. 

Tactically he’s very misunderstood, he doesn’t really favour formations but favours systems and rules that players follow but often played in similar formations for continuity. Very much like Jurgen Klopp in that regard. He’s an interesting character. 

To be honest right now we could get just about anyone in and go down, we just need to be better than 3 teams, we have the players if only we can unlock them and give them confidence. 

You make a persuasive argument.  I'm nearly won over.

My main concern is not the new manager , whoever he is will get my support, but the process the club are going through to get to the point of making an appointment. Appear desperately lost. Just hope we get that vital win tomorrow to dispel that sinking feeling. 

1 minute ago, PaulW said:

You make a persuasive argument.  I'm nearly won over.

I don't know if I'd want him here for the long term, but I do reckon his infectious enthusiasm is just what's needed to give the changing room a boost as we head into the last remaining matches - like Martin Allen but with a brain.

I can understand some of the objections, but I tend to believe that he's a number of things that Rodgers wasn't, and that's good enough for me. He doesn't need to be a world class manager, he just needs to be a good fit for us. If we can't get Potter, I'd accept Marsch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Could have been worse :whistle:

Do love an itk on here… this sort of s**t does my head in though! If you’ve got something to pass on do it… share what you know… if you can’t share what you know don’t say anything till you can :nigel:

• Like 1