Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

Wow how far we have fallen. Just 2 years of sleepwalking. Deserve to go down. 

Stop watching Talksport. Guess you weren't there when we were in administration or when we were in League one. Just for your information less than 2 years ago we won the FA cup and beat Man City in the Community Shield. Last season we played in Europe and got to the semi final. We're all disappointed about this season but even if we get relegated, we'll bounce back - we always do! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The idea that he’s “shit” is just pure ignorance based on looking at the league table and saying “yeah but Leeds” without ever showing any credibility by going into any detail as to WHY he is shit, where his downfall is and why he wouldn’t do well here. 

I can fully agree the results at Leeds didn’t go to plan, but the idea that this makes him fundamentally a shit manager is just pure ignorant bile if that’s all it’s based on. 

How about his time at Leipzig? Want to talk about that?

The only time he’s been successful he’s had the most talented team in the league by a mile. (Austria)

If it’s him, I’ll back him to keep us up but we’re a ****ing joke.

• Like 1

Really didn't like the circus around him and media arse-kissery when he rocked up at Leeds then played us first game. Some sort of weird cult following him around who think he does no wrong and relentlessly made excuses for him during his time at Leeds - "oh it's not his fault Bamfords crap", "the fans are pensive and can't get behind him? Nah not his fault", oh they're being tactically out-done week in week out? You must be an anti-American racist".

Would be a kick in the bollocks for me, cringy. Makes more sense if we're preparing for the Championship - get a year of him with his mate Daka and a year building might get us back up, gain some Yankidoodle fans in the process.

If this is what it's come to ...

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

How about his time at Leipzig? Want to talk about that?

The only time he’s been successful he’s had the most talented team in the league by a mile. (Austria)

If it’s him, I’ll back him to keep us up but we’re a ****ing joke.

Yes, we are a bit lost so you would expect such an random appointment, right?  :dunno:

33 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The anti American sentiment on here really is sickening at times

Why? It’s the only reason he’s gotten the jobs he’s gotten. If he was any other nationality you think he would have gotten the jobs at Leipzig or Leeds? No. And we hire him? Smh

The fact of the matter is that European football is going after the American market and hiring and lifting up totally average players/managers because of it. Would Pulisic be at Chelsea if he wasn’t American? Would Mackannie been at Juventus if he wasn’t American? Would Leeds be in the drop zone if they hadn’t gone full Yank? What about what Todd Boehly is doing at Chelsea?

I live in the US and have an American passport. It’s sickening to watch what is happening in Europe. Very little anti- about it

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

Not marsch. He has a track record of being distinctly average (or even less than) Nothing exciting or brilliant or promising about him.

To be fair, I’d take average right now compared to the sh1te we’ve been served up this season. Problem I have is that I don’t consider Marsch even average. 

Why? It’s the only reason he’s gotten the jobs he’s gotten. If he was any other nationality you think he would have gotten the jobs at Leipzig or Leeds? No. And we hire him? Smh

The fact of the matter is that European football is going after the American market and hiring and lifting up totally average players/managers because of it. Would Pulisic be at Chelsea if he wasn’t American? Would Mackannie been at Juventus if he wasn’t American? Would Leeds be in the drop zone if they hadn’t gone full Yank? What about what Todd Boehly is doing at Chelsea?

I live in the US and have an American passport. It’s sickening to watch what is happening in Europe. Very little anti- about it

Just unbelievable amounts of ignorance and hatred and so disappointing to see from a fellow fox! 

• Like 1

JM Has had talks or in talks but one of several who have been/ will be interviewed 

My money is still on SAS till end of season is we get a positive result tomorrow.  

Time is running out I just don't see the point of bringing someone in with a handful of games to go. 

Better to wait for the summer and see what's available then. 

At this late stage I don't see much difference whoever takes the team till seasons end. Its 50-50 to stay up or go down  but still in our own hands as long as we get 3 points tomorrow.  

he would have clearly been in the running for the Leipzig job, he was at Salzburg before so already in the Red Bull network.  

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

so if it is Marsch then the appointments under King Power will have been: former England manager, manager who left during their take over, high profile guy who declared interest, the caretaker, guy who'd just been sacked by another PL club, guy who'd been in the PL same time as us and was making noises about wanting to return to the league, guy who'd just been sacked by another PL club. This is how gossip panels like Talksport generate a candidate list for callers, not how a professional club should be conducting manager searches

You can criticise KP all you want but only their first two appointments have been unsuccessful. After that I’d argue they’ve been absolutely spot on (anyone who says Puel was a terrible appointment can do one). 

56 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Jesse Marsch will NOT be taking over at Southampton after talks collapsed at the 11th hour.

Talks between the two parties broke down despite a verbal agreement in place. The former Leeds boss was due to take over from Nathan Jones following his sacking last week.

The decision to appoint the American had divided the opinion, given he struggled with Leeds this season. But after he reportedly stayed in Southampton on Tuesday night, he was widely expected to be confirmed as the new boss at St Mary's at some point on Wednesday.

A verbal agreement had even been made with the two parties expected to announce the deal any minute. But it seems a disagreement over contract length has led to talks breaking down altogether. Southampton were willing to offer the American a six-month deal with the option for longer contract.

I can understand why he turned them down. He would have had a relegation on his CV through no fault of his own. Maybe he thinks we still have a strong chance of staying up compared to Southampton so it might be a palatable choice to take over as interim.