Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

I get the feeling Marsch is very good at selling himself in interviews. With the club feeling so flat for so long, I can imagine his energetic personality will go down well with the board. Not sure it will be as effective on the players though, especially if we continue to ship goals, which happened to him at Leeds. 

I imagine the bookies were onto something, and it will be him. Announced soon and in the stands for game tomorrow. My guess anyway. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Why? It’s the only reason he’s gotten the jobs he’s gotten. If he was any other nationality you think he would have gotten the jobs at Leipzig or Leeds? No. And we hire him? Smh

The fact of the matter is that European football is going after the American market and hiring and lifting up totally average players/managers because of it. Would Pulisic be at Chelsea if he wasn’t American? Would Mackannie been at Juventus if he wasn’t American? Would Leeds be in the drop zone if they hadn’t gone full Yank? What about what Todd Boehly is doing at Chelsea?

I live in the US and have an American passport. It’s sickening to watch what is happening in Europe. Very little anti- about it

Another borderline childish post about America. I will never be caught peddling such rhetoric 

If Marsch showed anything at Leeds last season when he saved their asses from an impossible starting position, it's that he knows how to be pragmatic when survival is on the line.  He took a lot of heat from Leeds fans (with their understandable but ultimately ludicrous worship all things Bielsa) for his style of play those 12 matches - but it's the reason they survived.  If he got the Leicester job he'd worry about staying up with the hand he's been dealt, period.  And next year would be next year.

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Hoping it's just exploring options for next season and meanwhile someone else comes up on the radar. 

as with all these situations, if he keeps us up, then I imagine he will stay on. Rare that a club doesn't reward an interim manager if they are somewhat successful. 

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Another borderline childish post about America. I will never be caught peddling such rhetoric 

Lol this is about football (or soccer as LCSC will soon call it).

• Sad 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Nothing to do with being anti American, because I’m not at all, but Jesse would be shit - absolute bobbins. I’d rather have Jesse James. 

this is dripping with hatred towards the U...S...A

Shameful. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

8DB99260-608B-48A5-8DC5-C1AC146AC7D0.jpeg

We are ran by amateurs. Some acting like Top is this deep thinking maverick entrepreneur who just got the Brendan decision wrong need to look at this. This isn’t some entrepreneur taking calculated risks - some that may go wrong. This is a poor self proclaimed business man who was given the golden ticket without a clue. He was indecisive with Rodgers as he is right now. He is an experienced professional backed by yes men/women and it shows in the decision making. “Hope”, “assess” my arse.

MF you and your board have had a week too long to asses the market and you’re still unsure if you want to stay with your caretakers or go interim ? Pick a battle plan and go with it. We have 9 games! If we lose to Bournemouth, we have a fragile squad about to play the champions, away! You want to continue with this indecisive nature, with a fragile squad and a caretaker team who are unsure if they will be there. There isn’t time for this level of assessment. 

If we stay up it will be luck. But in the summer before anything else we need a group of very successful advisors  in who couldnt give a **** if they upset Top and a few new c-suite members - then pick the manager.

If our dynamic duo in temporary charge cannot get this team to beat Bournemouth (not villa) at home in a game we absolutely must win I will take any interim manager till the end of the season to help us survive.

palace resurrected hodgeson ffs and managed to get enough of a lift to beat us. Don’t tell me he suddenly formulated a master plan in 48 hrs. The man can just about walk. This was all firm to the palace players for themselves not some nostalgic love in for old Roy.

we need our players to dig deep, unite and find the same desire to put Bournemouth on the ropes and pummel them into submission. If they cannot do that then all hope is lost. Might as well not even show up against man city. What would be the point?