Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

What is his style of play then? As someone mentioned that it was similar to Rodgers? 

If he is solid defensively, with quick counter attacks, then fair enough. Exactly what we need. We can't afford another Rodgers style aka control the ball Zzzzzz 

Couldn't be more different from Rodgers.  Gegenpress, quick movement of the ball, positional fluidity among the frontline players.  Less concerned with possession for its own sake and more with turning defense into attack quickly.  The main criticism of him tactically is that he plays too narrow, though it obviously works within the Red Bull model with the right personnel  The big problem at Leeds this season was the results never matching the xG, and too many mistakes in defense.  That wasn't a big problem for him before Leeds, but he never fixed it and it basically led to his getting fired. 

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I think Marsch brings a significant shift in the club.

He'll come in with his own recruitment ideas and scouts, along with new assistant managers and coaches. His football at Leeds was entertaining to watch, which is something we've all been longing for. Counter attacking football is what we all crave and what we were successful with. 

The other day people were calling for Ragnick, Marsch was his assistant. He's a manager who has also brought some brilliant players through at Leeds, (attacking players) but never solved the problems with defence. 

I think he would do a good job here. He's an incredibly positive person and manager, and it's something that would be endearing after having Rodgers a man who was critical at every corner, and would shy away from blame diverting it onto his players. 

I'm excited by this. I can understand the reservations, but Leeds are a very different club to us, with a very different fan base, and ownership. If he can get the best out of Daka, Barnes and other creative players then I'll be happy. Unsure what players like Vardy will think, but he's on his way out anyway. 

Great post, nothing against the people posting about not wanting him, but it seems like the people that would welcome him have given actual insight into why whereas those against have just said “Leeds shit” 

very frustrating to watch.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Couldn't be more different from Rodgers.  Gegenpress, quick movement of the ball, positional fluidity among the frontline players.  Less concerned with possession for its own sake and more with turning defense into attack quickly.  The main criticism of him tactically is that he plays too narrow, though it obviously works within the Red Bull model with the right personnel  The big problem at Leeds this season was the results never matchinv the xG, and too many mistakes in defense.  That wasn't a big problem for him before Leeds, but he never fixed it and it basically led to his getting fired. 

We'll be alright under him as we are defensively solid 

• Haha 4

But yes, through all the shit I talked, I will back Marsch to keep us up. I’m just disappointed in the club for not having a plan. We are not well run at the moment - and this is the type of appointment that a club that’s run like ours makes.

Good luck, Jesse.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Just like to record I have no problem with having American manager or any nationality if they can do the job.

To be honest, I'd have taken most of the 'Yank' comments as being in good humour. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of genuine prejudice, just the kind of semi-serious exasperation you'd get if our manager came from anywhere else which you didn't associate with footballing pedigree, like Earl Shilton.

I can understand people feeling underwhelmed with the idea of Marsch, of course, but there are plenty of reasons to believe that he might have something to offer. To be honest, I wasn't nearly as pessimistic as most on here when I saw the favourites for the job. O'Neill, Hassenhutl, Benitez, Shakespeare, Marsch, Pearson, Allardyce... You can make a good case for any of them, for all sorts of different reasons. You never know what's going to be the right fit. Pleat, Taylor, Levein, Holloway, Sven were all lauded as appointments. Pearson, Little, Puel, Ranieri were all a bit underwhelming, but worked out to varying degrees. Just get behind whoever it is, and muster all the positivity you can!

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

But yes, through all the shit I talked, I will back Marsch to keep us up. I’m just disappointed in the club for not having a plan. We are not well run at the moment - and this is the type of appointment that a club that’s run like ours makes.

Good luck, Jesse.

There’s definitely some legitimate concern about his appointment mate. I’ve thoroughly convinced myself he would be a good decision. The extent of that probably partly out of desperation but hopefully I’m vindicated if he joins. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Couldn't be more different from Rodgers.  Gegenpress, quick movement of the ball, positional fluidity among the frontline players.  Less concerned with possession for its own sake and more with turning defense into attack quickly.  The main criticism of him tactically is that he plays too narrow, though it obviously works within the Red Bull model with the right personnel  The big problem at Leeds this season was the results never matching the xG, and too many mistakes in defense.  That wasn't a big problem for him before Leeds, but he never fixed it and it basically led to his getting fired. 

This is concerning, as it is our biggest problem, and although I have faith in Maddison, Barnes and a front two of Daka/Iheanacho to get us goals, it is pointless unless we have a manager who can stop us being so easy to score against. We need an organised defence that is very difficult to get through, and then we can build on that with some attacking intent and make use of Maddison's talent, plus the pace of Barnes, Tete and Daka. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

I think a big key to staying up could be the availability of Evans and Soyuncu, rather than having Faes at the back. 

Those who are questioning Marsch's defensive football forget he was playing with Struijk and Koch a lot of the time. (Two players who were inexperienced in the Prem and who everytime I've watched them have been poor) 

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can't wait to hear about how he has been quoting Gandhi and Mother Teresa to our players like he did at Leeds

Make a change from Brendan Rodgers quoting Brendan Rodgers in his pre match talks. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Marsch would be a crap appointment but we were going down regardless with Rodgers, so really giving literally anyone a go is preferable. 

Depressingly accurate. 

I will support whoever comes in, but it's very hard to get excited by any of these names, including Marsch.

2 wins in 17 for Leeds before he was sacked. I don't care what the situation or this idea we can't judge people on previous jobs rubbish...

That shows a Manager failing badly with a team similar to ours, in a situation similar to ours. 

If he does join, I just hope he has learned from his obvious mistakes with Leeds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I think a big key to staying up could be the availability of Evans and Soyuncu, rather than having Faes at the back. 

Those who are questioning Marsch's defensive football forget he was playing with Struijk and Koch a lot of the time. (Two players who were inexperienced in the Prem and who everytime I've watched them have been poor) 

I think both will probably go in summer to be honest. Soyuncu I think has the ability to play his style of football but will likely want to leave anyway given how he’s been treated, and Evans im not sure his body would cope with the amount of intensity the ideal Marsch team requires.

Evans has never been particularly quick though and his game has been reliant on his intelligence and positioning so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did adapt well to it, it’s just whether his body can take it given how many injuries he gets. 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Passion, enthusiasm and has successfully saved a side from relegation before. Hopefully will feel like a breath of fresh air, If its him get behind him it really is now or never. 

Some fans are focusing too much on the perceived calibre of the appointment. 'Why can't it be Poch, Benitez, Potter?' Well, those high-profile managers have often backfired at Leicester, because they're not what we need at the time. I also remember well the frustration at ending up with O'Neill when some wanted Walker, Little over Beck, Pearson over Ince, Ranieri over O'Neill etc. 

To me, the criteria would have to be: can keep a side up, preferably when coming into an alien situation with little room for manoeuvre. Enough knowledge of the league and club to hit the ground running. A new take on things, and therefore the ability to introduce fresh ideas. Affordability. Availability. Willing. And, ideally, the credentials to play a key role for the coming season, and the rebuild that'll come with it. There are plenty of options, including Marsch, who tick some of those boxes.

Besides, to me it seemed fairly obvious that Rodgers was taking us down, even if I didn't like the vitriol aimed at him (or Top, even if I feel people have occasionally got carried away with the extent of the owners' contribution). Having failed to address our situation with time to spare, we are where we are. But I'd just love to see a bit more realism, and a bit more optimism. They're not mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

To be fair, we sacked Rodgers with 10 games to go….. doesn’t need anyone to point how that we’ve entered desperation territory….

Its like going to a restaurant, asking for a low calorie menu, and then being surprised that there’s fairly dull options…..