Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Marsch would be an appointment entirely consistent with this football club, he ticks all the boxes Rudkin etc will be looking for.

1) available

2) prem experience

3) kept Leeds up.

40 minutes ago, LeedsScum said:

Just popped in here to say that Cityfanlee is talking absolute waffle. 

You don't want Marsch

Love that 😂 all opinions, funnily enough I spoke to a Leeds fan at the gym earlier who quite liked him and thought he was unfortunate. 

Just now, Dusty said:

Red bull tactics just haven’t worked in the premier league, it’s not transitional enough. He would be awful for us.

“Red bull tactics” you mean the gegenpress? What? Some of the best managers in the world have transitioned a form of this style of play into their own. Pep and Klopp to name a couple. Both of those managers obviously aren’t identical but they both play a form of the style of football that was popularised by coached like Rangnick. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Love that 😂 all opinions, funnily enough I spoke to a Leeds fan at the gym earlier who quite liked him and thought he was unfortunate. 

Our captain on weds loves Marsch and reckons they should’ve stuck with him. Leeds fans aren’t the brightest, so it’s best not to hold too much store in what they think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Our captain on weds loves Marsch and reckons they should’ve stuck with him. Leeds fans aren’t the brightest, so it’s best not to hold too much store in what they think.

😂😂 he definitely divided the fanbase. To be honest the reason I would welcome him is based on his work in the Red Bull network, his connections, the style of play and his eye for a player. 

I’m concerned about his immediate impact definitely but I think long term he’s the sort of manager who could really get us into a better position on a solid foundation. Leipzig and Salzburg are VERY efficient at finding players on low budgets and that’s what we need for a rebuild. 

I’m probably massively wrong but it wouldn’t be the first time. 

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

Leeds fans ****ing hate him 

Maybe, but aren’t these the ones that still chant about Bielsa though ? 
He’s not my choice, but we’re not exactly top of everyone’s ‘Leicester, l want that job’ list. 

Really don't know what to make of Marsch.

Losing Raphina, Phillips and Bamford (to injury) is going to make it hard for any manager. 

What happened to him at Leipzig though? That's my big worry. Being groomed for the big job for years and only lasting 6 months. Were there any mitigating circumstances or reasons?. 

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Red bull tactics just haven’t worked in the premier league, it’s not transitional enough. He would be awful for us.

Do you reckon you could give a few examples? I'm not that knowledgeable on what Red Bull tactics are. If we're talking about Hassenhutl and Marsch, I'd have thought their styles of play weren't exactly identical, from what I saw. And they both had some relative success in difficult circumstances. But like I say, I can't speak with any sort of authority on Red Bull, or their tactics. It all seemed to be more about an established club structure and ethos to me (something which we've fallen short with since the handover to Ranieri, or arguably the exit of Shakespeare).