Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

If Soumare is 'playing' then my congratulations to Bournemouth on a much-needed 3 points.

I mean, you'd have to be nuts. But then again most of what we've done has been utterly bonkers for ages (e.g. 'all eggs in the 4-2-3-1 basket... Now let's loan out our only two RW alternatives to Tete without any idea whether he's up to it or not.) I don't know why we waste so much time going back to options which we've already discovered to be non-options. It really does make you wonder whether people at the club are actually watching and learning from games. Our win % with Soumare in the side, and even the stats regarding what happens when he's brought on as a sub, should really speak for themselves.

• Like 1

Soumare started in all 4 wins prior to the World Cup back in Oct/Nov. Although Tielemans hit form then too and my suspicion around his disappearance 'injured' after years of always being available, right as his contract ticks away leaves me thinking we won't see him in a blue shirt ever again.

• Like 1

Marsch kept Leeds up.   He could be okay.  Leeds were often decent under him.

It's a tough job for whoever.  Difficult to call.  Ranieri didn't seem an inspired choice.

Of the premier league.managers sacjed this season, the ones who I think could do a job are Marsch, Vieira and Potter (i discounted Tuchel as his release fee would be expensive*)

*disclaimer- aiming at irony re Tuchel

Don’t mind Marsch. I think he is probably as good as shout as anyone to be able to get the required results to stay up. Whether he would work longer term, I perhaps not. But there’s no point turning our nose up at someone who may not be good enough to get us back in the top half for example if we can’t stay in the league first!

19 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Red bull tactics just haven’t worked in the premier league, it’s not transitional enough. He would be awful for us.

I'd read this but didn't know what Red Bull tactics were? Having looked at the coaches, they're not exactly inspiring neither it seems are their records, certainly in this country. Do our board not do their homework on such things?

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Hutter would have been a great shout 

It's a huge risk taking on any boss with no prior EPL or English experience, and no cause to know anything whatsoever about the causes for our plight, regardless of how good he is. I'm not sure whether he's ever found himself in a vaguely similar situation to this. Of course, the most unexpected of things can work out, and I don't doubt that he's a talented manager. He just doesn't seem to tick those boxes. I could be wrong, of course.

This board is about to take a bad situation and make it worse.

Just about the only two positives about Marsch are 1) that he can maybe get Daka clicking and 2) he’ll really want to win at Leeds away coming up.

But that’s it, and that ain’t nearly enough to get me to warm up to this.

Hi guys, 

Just visiting. I would say Marsch has strengths and weaknesses. 

Strengths:

+ media

+ positivity

+ relationships with players and keeping everyone happy. 
+ never gives up, Leeds were dead and buried last season and he kept a cool head. 

Weaknesses 

- tactics too narrow 

- didn’t win enough games this season despite dominating.

Overall, he’d be a good short term fix but not long term. 

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

It's a huge risk taking on any boss with no prior EPL or English experience, and no cause to know anything whatsoever about the causes for our plight, regardless of how good he is. I'm not sure whether he's ever found himself in a vaguely similar situation to this. Of course, the most unexpected of things can work out, and I don't doubt that he's a talented manager. He just doesn't seem to tick those boxes. I could be wrong, of course.

Yeah the problem is I don’t think there really is an ideal candidate that would be available to us now who can tick the 2 most important boxes: 1) keep us up this season 2) rebuild us for the future with a really solid group of young signings. 

It seems all of the names being thrown around at the moment tick one box but not the other. Managers like Rafa would probably keep us up but then would he sign players that are dynamic enough to be able to stay with us for years after he leaves? 

Marsch may not keep us up this season but his signings are based on a philosophy of dynamic play, which would potentially then be able to work with future managers styles. 

The whole thing is a complete mess, we desperately needed to fire Rodgers earlier, now it’s pretty much a coin flip whoever we get in. 

• Like 1

Big advocate of the Red Bull model, I’ve banged on about wanting Matthias Jaissle for long enough, that high intensity, high pressing style can be extremely fun to watch.

Leeds under Marsch were very similar at times, in some games they lost, their performances and style of football had its positives.

The problem with Marsch is the way he conducts himself, it’s extremely hard to take him seriously. 

If the board are indeed fans of the Red Bull model, I’d rather take Jaissle, Hasenhuttl, Schmidt or Hutter over Marsch.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

Marsch kept Leeds up.   He could be okay.  Leeds were often decent under him.

It's a tough job for whoever.  Difficult to call.  Ranieri didn't seem an inspired choice.

Of the premier league.managers sacjed this season, the ones who I think could do a job are Marsch, Vieira and Potter (i discounted Tuchel as his release fee would be expensive*)

*disclaimer- aiming at irony re Tuchel

Sheer luck kept us up. Red cards for opposition teams, flukey late winners.

He’s a moron and his football is absolute shit. Proper under 9s stuff.

He plays everything through the middle because ‘the goals are in the middle’.

Dickhead. Utter dickhead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Between now and the end of the season it’s not about footballing identity or even performances. It’s about results. The Great Escape team was technically far worse than the current squad, but they knew how to fight and grind out the wins. That’s sadly why I think we are done. We have a team who have historically bottled it that need to come good now. Players like Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Albrighton, Drinkwater and Vardy knew how to scrap. 

A manager that can fire up the team night work because tactics go out of the window. Marsch jokingly gets called Ted Lasso but a Ted Lasso type character might actually work. Because with this lot it’s not about talent, it’s about application and belief. 

But my point is, where was the fire in the Leeds team that won 2 in 17? I am all for having a character in the dressing room to get us fighting our way to wins, but there still needs to be a pretty decent plan on how not to concede. His Leeds team shipped goals in, and we won't stay up if we don't fix our defence. I would have preferred a Dyche type manager who will make us hard to beat first, and then hopefully that solid foundation can allow our attacking players to get us those tight 1-0 wins. Bit of magic from Maddison or Barnes etc. We will no doubt have to grind out results to stay up, as we will be nervous and obviously severely lacking in quality and confidence, so making us less vulnerable at the back would have been my priority when looking for a style of manager for these 9 games. 

• Like 1