Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Mendi said:

“However, Marsch is not the only candidate that has been spoken to as the Leicester board still hope Sadler and Stowell can get the results to see them through to the summer, when they will search for a permanent manager.”

Don’t we all!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

The Jesse Marsch dressing room posters sure are inspiring I say bring him in.

FnJOtgxWIAE0gJS?format=jpg&name=900x900

To be fair to Marsch a lot of managers would intstruct their players to follow those instructions. 

Whenever i watched Leeds they seemed to play good football but just conceded sloppy goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Gnerally speaking I think our players would probably excel more at direct narrow play compared to getting out to Barnes and Tete out wide. I think dropping into the middle would suit then more to be honestly. All of this chat and we will end up with Big Sam anyway 

I agree, and Barnes does much better when he's somewhat narrow with link up play. There's a good group that could work in this style leaving gaps which would inevitably be filled with the summer refresh.

Daka, Barnes, KDH, Ricardo, Faes, Kristianson, Castagne, Tete even.

Get the Youri replacement right and add in improved CB/GK and we wouldn't be far off what's expected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

“However, Marsch is not the only candidate that has been spoken to as the Leicester board still hope Sadler and Stowell can get the results to see them through to the summer, when they will search for a permanent manager.”

Don’t we all!

This is what worried me, that we'd go on hoping that doing nothing would reap dividends. It also added a bit of weight to the suggestion that Shakespeare could help out: If we're really just going to hope that a bunch of lower-ranking coaches can see us over the line, then why not add a more experienced coach - and one who has relationships within the club, and has secured survival before - to bolster our staff? Plus, it offers some kind of continuity, because he's a guy who could and perhaps should return to being a permanent Assistant, in either division. Obviously the right permanent replacement is preferable, but if SAS is seriously being considered, we'd be daft not to look at giving them some affordable and available help.

49 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Imagine this bunch of players being spoken to by an American. Not a chance will this work. 

He speaks much better English than the majority of Premier League managers & much better English than many of the Leicester squad.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Don’t we all!

If SaS do guide us to safety, that should be the final nail in the coffin of the frauds reputation as a good manager - of course it wont be as some other mega wealthy owner with a media based knowledge of football will be taken in and buy a wagon load of snake oil!

Leading candidate? Why a certain Todd Boehly of course.

The phrase "more money than sense" comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Gary o’Neil is keeping Bournemouth in touching distance.

We don’t need a world class manager just someone who can pick a formation which works with our players

Absolutely agree but you just hope they don't just try and regurgitate Rodgers style and tactics in his absence because they think that's the best way or the right thing to do. It was precisely that approach that got us into this mess in the first place. In that respect they need new eyes and a different approach but are they capable of it? They've been partly responsible for churning out this guff in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, LeedsScum said:

You seem to be speaking to the only Leeds fans that rated him. 

Quite some achievement. 

2 wins in 17 with the majority of the goals conceded in very similar ways (back post being left wide open) He doesn't play with wingers so anyone you've got that's a wide player isn't going to have a great time. Play so narrow you lose the ball all the time as there's no space to pass the ball into. he talks a good talk but his football is truly horrible to watch no one could really figure out what his game plan was and there was no plan b. His substitutes or lack of subs often caused us to lose points. I'm sure if you went onto the Leeds forums to get their opinion there's more negative than good. We were going down with Marsch in charge, probably bottom of the league and he was sacked later than most would've wanted. We played horrible football when he first joined, Marsch wasn't the reason "we stayed up" we were bad under Marsch and we eventually dropped into the relegation zone whilst Marsch was here, something we hadn't done before. 

I understand a lot of people will think it's an "Anti-American" thing to talk negatively about his time at Leeds but it genuinely was awful, the football was terrible, the tactics were terrible and when things were not going our way (which was a lot) there was nothing done about it, we had some memorable moments under Marsch (Norwich last minute winner) (Bournemouth 4-3 come back) but we should'nt have even been in those positions in the first place. 

I don't understand the reasoning behind him being "unfortunate", unfortunate in what way? He lasted longer than a lot of other managers would have done and clearly only got the job because of our links with Red Bull and his. 

If you'd read my posts you'd see I've stated multiple times that I'm fully aware he divided the fanbase. You seem to think you speak on behalf of the entire fanbase given your comment to me earlier, but it can slide as I doubt it was your intention, but no, to clarify I've spoken to multiple Leeds fans (for some reason there's I think 6 of them in my relatively small gym 180 miles away? lol) and I'm well aware he had people split and many Leeds fans did not like him, especially when results are not going your way, I just really agree with his philosophy and the blueprint he follows. 

So many people have said the football is horrible and so many have said that they've watched some cracking performances let down by sloppy goals. You are of course entitled to your opinion. 
It's worth noting that throughout the discussion everyone has been having about Marsch, I've very much distanced myself from his time at Leeds because I know the results were not there and it's a results business, in fact the only thing I've praised him on t Leed s was his signings which I'm sure most Leeds fans will admit will improve your long term and put you on a better footing than the squad he inherited. All of my other praise has been regarding his philosophy and the work he did at Salzburg as that's where I followed his career before his switch to ER. 

Fully aware people are concerned about his time at Leeds, he's not my first choice, and he's not my 2nd or 3rd choice either, but I do rate him as a manager who will come good if given a decent project, maybe I'm wrong about that, but my entire argument is based on multiple aspects of his philosophy and career and not so much his time at Leeds. 

16 minutes ago, LeedsScum said:

You seem to be speaking to the only Leeds fans that rated him. 

Quite some achievement. 

2 wins in 17 with the majority of the goals conceded in very similar ways (back post being left wide open) He doesn't play with wingers so anyone you've got that's a wide player isn't going to have a great time. Play so narrow you lose the ball all the time as there's no space to pass the ball into. he talks a good talk but his football is truly horrible to watch no one could really figure out what his game plan was and there was no plan b. His substitutes or lack of subs often caused us to lose points. I'm sure if you went onto the Leeds forums to get their opinion there's more negative than good. We were going down with Marsch in charge, probably bottom of the league and he was sacked later than most would've wanted. We played horrible football when he first joined, Marsch wasn't the reason "we stayed up" we were bad under Marsch and we eventually dropped into the relegation zone whilst Marsch was here, something we hadn't done before. 

I understand a lot of people will think it's an "Anti-American" thing to talk negatively about his time at Leeds but it genuinely was awful, the football was terrible, the tactics were terrible and when things were not going our way (which was a lot) there was nothing done about it, we had some memorable moments under Marsch (Norwich last minute winner) (Bournemouth 4-3 come back) but we should'nt have even been in those positions in the first place. 

I don't understand the reasoning behind him being "unfortunate", unfortunate in what way? He lasted longer than a lot of other managers would have done and clearly only got the job because of our links with Red Bull and his. 

I assume 2 wins in 17 turns to 3 wins if you add an extra game? Making him look worse than he is, ugh. 

2 minutes ago, Throbbin Koch said:

Leeds fan here. I was a huge fan of Jesse until the mood turned then i was always jesse out. His football might have been terrible to watch and we might have got luckier than ever in the run in but his LinkedIn profile shows what a deep thinker he is.

Plus he loves The Pirates of the Caribbean series which I am a fan of.

He speaks really well for someone who's first language is English and is nowhere near as annoying as you think.

At times I felt that he was wasting his time in the EPL, given he'd won trophies in Austria but his enthusiasm for celebrating home batterings, and his hunger to get a photo op with Erling Haaland, show his infectious and not at all nauseating me, me, me personality.

His ability to speak well shows how well he speaks. Its not as important as demanding highly paid professional athletes adhere to strict dietary requirements, or can even pass a football to a team mate as both of these things can simply be solved by a friendly hug.

It's likely that Jesse would've taken us down this season but that would only mean a full on assault on the top half of the Championship next year which we would be much better for given that Jesse thinks our expectations are too high.

Anyway guys, good luck for the rest of the season and look after Jesse.

Cheers, ThrobbinK

GERRIMIN 

2 minutes ago, Throbbin Koch said:

Leeds fan here. I was a huge fan of Jesse until the mood turned then i was always jesse out. His football might have been terrible to watch and we might have got luckier than ever in the run in but his LinkedIn profile shows what a deep thinker he is.

Plus he loves The Pirates of the Caribbean series which I am a fan of.

He speaks really well for someone who's first language is English and is nowhere near as annoying as you think.

At times I felt that he was wasting his time in the EPL, given he'd won trophies in Austria but his enthusiasm for celebrating home batterings, and his hunger to get a photo op with Erling Haaland, show his infectious and not at all nauseating me, me, me personality.

His ability to speak well shows how well he speaks. Its not as important as demanding highly paid professional athletes adhere to strict dietary requirements, or can even pass a football to a team mate as both of these things can simply be solved by a friendly hug.

It's likely that Jesse would've taken us down this season but that would only mean a full on assault on the top half of the Championship next year which we would be much better for given that Jesse thinks our expectations are too high.

Anyway guys, good luck for the rest of the season and look after Jesse.

Cheers, ThrobbinK

Haaaaa amazing!  Think I'd prefer almost anyone else after hearing this lol

The American stuff is embarrassing everyone, none of you look or sound good making an issue of it.

I have no idea whether he’s any good and he certainly wouldn’t be my first choice but let’s not judge folk on where they’re from eh? There’s a word for that.  

• Like 2