Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Mainly because he wasn’t Bielsa.

To my knowledge, they haven’t sung about Bielsa since Gracia has been in charge. Marsch just isn’t very good. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Throbbin Koch said:

Leeds fan here. I was a huge fan of Jesse until the mood turned then i was always jesse out. His football might have been terrible to watch and we might have got luckier than ever in the run in but his LinkedIn profile shows what a deep thinker he is.

Plus he loves The Pirates of the Caribbean series which I am a fan of.

He speaks really well for someone who's first language is English and is nowhere near as annoying as you think.

At times I felt that he was wasting his time in the EPL, given he'd won trophies in Austria but his enthusiasm for celebrating home batterings, and his hunger to get a photo op with Erling Haaland, show his infectious and not at all nauseating me, me, me personality.

His ability to speak well shows how well he speaks. Its not as important as demanding highly paid professional athletes adhere to strict dietary requirements, or can even pass a football to a team mate as both of these things can simply be solved by a friendly hug.

It's likely that Jesse would've taken us down this season but that would only mean a full on assault on the top half of the Championship next year which we would be much better for given that Jesse thinks our expectations are too high.

Anyway guys, good luck for the rest of the season and look after Jesse.

Cheers, ThrobbinK

So Brendan mk2 then

36 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

They like the sound of the massive pay increase they'll get from moving to the Premier League?

Because of course all of those reasonably talented players wouldn’t have been offered the chance to move here previously? 

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

If you'd read my posts you'd see I've stated multiple times that I'm fully aware he divided the fanbase. You seem to think you speak on behalf of the entire fanbase given your comment to me earlier, but it can slide as I doubt it was your intention, but no, to clarify I've spoken to multiple Leeds fans (for some reason there's I think 6 of them in my relatively small gym 180 miles away? lol) and I'm well aware he had people split and many Leeds fans did not like him, especially when results are not going your way, I just really agree with his philosophy and the blueprint he follows. 

So many people have said the football is horrible and so many have said that they've watched some cracking performances let down by sloppy goals. You are of course entitled to your opinion. 
It's worth noting that throughout the discussion everyone has been having about Marsch, I've very much distanced myself from his time at Leeds because I know the results were not there and it's a results business, in fact the only thing I've praised him on t Leed s was his signings which I'm sure most Leeds fans will admit will improve your long term and put you on a better footing than the squad he inherited. All of my other praise has been regarding his philosophy and the work he did at Salzburg as that's where I followed his career before his switch to ER. 

Fully aware people are concerned about his time at Leeds, he's not my first choice, and he's not my 2nd or 3rd choice either, but I do rate him as a manager who will come good if given a decent project, maybe I'm wrong about that, but my entire argument is based on multiple aspects of his philosophy and career and not so much his time at Leeds. 

His time at Leeds is the best indicator to go off considering why you'd be hiring him? He follows the Red Bull game plan, he doesn't have one himself. 

Also a little off topic of how he would do but the signings aren't his signings. I have no doubt they would run them past him but he really doesn't seem the type to cause any issues. Victor Orta went to Bielsa with multiple players and he refused a lot, I can't see Marsch doing that. Some of our signings have not been great. Adams and Wober have been great, as well as Gnonto however that transfer wasn't as straight forward, we weren't even supposed to be signing him when we did. The rest are very hit and miss. 

Also the let down by sloppy goals is a massive understatement. Those sloppy goals happened week in and week out, they were a result of the tactics Marsch implemented in our team, everyone in the ground and social media could all see it but nothing changed.

You're in a very similar position to ourselves when he took over, yours looking a little bit worse than ours did. Under Marsch we went down the table.

Edited by LeedsScum

Long time lurker, first time poster here...

Regarding Marsch, I actually got the feeling in his interviews when he was at Leeds that he "got" English football and appreciated its heritage and nuances. In fact far more than certain English people do. We're not talking about an American capitalist owner coming in, trying to change the fabric of the club or indeed English football at large. He happens to be an American who may or may not be the right fit for us, but I'm willing to give him a chance. I would much rather have him in charge than one of the old boys' club (Lampard, Gerrard, Allardyce) who seem to get a pass in the media and among certain fans due to their playing careers or simply being English.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

The Jesse Marsch dressing room posters sure are inspiring I say bring him in.

FnJOtgxWIAE0gJS?format=jpg&name=900x900

I mean it's a bit cringe, but I would cook Mac & Cheese for the bastard if he manages to drill point six into our squad.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'd read this but didn't know what Red Bull tactics were? Having looked at the coaches, they're not exactly inspiring neither it seems are their records, certainly in this country. Do our board not do their homework on such things?

Red Bull Tactics in Austria are,  make sure Salzburg have more money to spend than Rapid, Linz and Austria Sport Club, recruit from the various African Schools they are involved in. Sell on players when the opportunity arises, move the young Manager on to Red Bull Leipzig after a year or so, and then restart the process all over again.  They do not pay big wages in Austria because the other Clubs do not pay very much and Salzburg never spend much on transfer fees. RB Salzburg are run and managed by competent business people.   We have Rudkin and there you have it.

This model is easy when you are the biggest fish in the Pond and you have a sponsor and brand like Red Bull behind you. They know and understand how to run Sports enterprises and they are very very very good at it.

• Like 2

Hey y'all, Jesse didn't get the break he needed at Leeds. It's as simple as that. He's 100% suited to the EPL though. He gave blood, sweat and tears to every job He's had - even in the last job, where supporters wanted him to fail as he wasn't Marco Bielsa. His status as a Princeton alumni is highly respected within the US and is seen as a footballing visionary here. I cannot believe the tedius Ted Lasso nonsense he was associated with but it's another case of xenophobic anti-USA feeling towards ourselves in English football. I think he'd be a much better fit for your roster than Leeds' too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The American stuff is embarrassing everyone, none of you look or sound good making an issue of it.

I have no idea whether he’s any good and he certainly wouldn’t be my first choice but let’s not judge folk on where they’re from eh? There’s a word for that.  

Honestly, looking back over the thread I took nearly all of those comments as tongue-in-cheek and consciously silly. Or am I assuming that people are saying things in jest when they're actually serious? For me, the dividing line between a bit of joshing and making serious-not-serious remarks about the 'deficiencies' of someone's place of origin, sexuality, ethnicity, gender, whatever, is a bit thicker than it's made out to be. Or maybe I've missed something that was a bit more ignorant/aggressive.

6 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Honestly, looking back over the thread I took nearly all of those comments as tongue-in-cheek and consciously silly. Or am I assuming that people are saying things in jest when they're actually serious? For me, the dividing line between a bit of joshing and making serious-not-serious remarks about the 'deficiencies' of someone's place of origin, sexuality, ethnicity, gender, whatever, is a bit thicker than it's made out to be. Or maybe I've missed something that was a bit more ignorant/aggressive.

Och, there was one post genuinely saying American people were inferior football managers because it wasn’t as ingrained in them or something. But in general most the comments are fairly harmless. I may have worded it wrongly. Folk can make any “jokes” they like, I more meant they’re just not funny not that they can’t say them. I really have tried to laugh at the Ted Lasso comments but I just can’t bring myself to do it , even forcibly. It’s just, well it’s just not humorous is it?

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeedsScum said:

His time at Leeds is the best indicator to go off considering why you'd be hiring him? He follows the Red Bull game plan, he doesn't have one himself. 

Also a little off topic of how he would do but the signings aren't his signings. I have no doubt they would run them past him but he really doesn't seem the type to cause any issues. Victor Orta went to Bielsa with multiple players and he refused a lot, I can't see Marsch doing that. Some of our signings have not been great. Adams and Wober have been great, as well as Gnonto however that transfer wasn't as straight forward, we weren't even supposed to be signing him when we did. The rest are very hit and miss. 

Also the let down by sloppy goals is a massive understatement. Those sloppy goals happened week in and week out, they were a result of the tactics Marsch implemented in our team, everyone in the ground and social media could all see it but nothing changed.

You're in a very similar position to ourselves when he took over, yours looking a little bit worse than ours did. Under Marsch we went down the table.

Right but that's not the only thing you hire managers on is it? otherwise, there are plenty of top managers who would be screwed if their last club was the sole basis of selecting a new manager. Many of our fans turned their noses up at Eddie Howe when he was out of work a year ago and we were in fast decline because he was relegated at Bournemouth, now look at him. Obviously, those scenarios are slightly different as Eddie had done a decent job in the premier league already but you understand my point, the last club that managers are at can be an indicator but I would be very shocked if that's the basis that teams select managers on, otherwise you're only ever one bad job away from oblivion. 

Generally speaking the signings that Marsch made would get into our squad, the ones you mentioned easily but some of the others like Mckennie or Roca would also walk into our squad. Not all players instantly hit the ground running obviously and some need time, but the calibre of young players like Rutter or Gnonto will serve you long-term (although Rutter needs to settle and improve) 

Regarding sloppy goals I can't disagree with you there that it was an issue for you, but is that down to the tactics or the players implementing them? I'm far from a coach or analyst so I'm open to anyone's input on here, but defensively Marsch's tactics at Salzburg were very similar to Klopps at Liverpool, so why did it not work at Leeds? Leeds players seemed scared to press from what I saw but again, I can't claim to have seen it directly on weekly basis. 

17 minutes ago, LeedsScum said:

If i were you id be more concerned about the possible prospect of Patrick Viera as Leeds  manager next season !

5 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I know Mark - he runs a football academy in derby. He isn’t or doesn’t have a desire to become a premier league football manager 

Or the intelligence lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1