Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, LeedsScum said:

You seem to be speaking to the only Leeds fans that rated him. 

Quite some achievement. 

2 wins in 17 with the majority of the goals conceded in very similar ways (back post being left wide open) He doesn't play with wingers so anyone you've got that's a wide player isn't going to have a great time. Play so narrow you lose the ball all the time as there's no space to pass the ball into. he talks a good talk but his football is truly horrible to watch no one could really figure out what his game plan was and there was no plan b. His substitutes or lack of subs often caused us to lose points. I'm sure if you went onto the Leeds forums to get their opinion there's more negative than good. We were going down with Marsch in charge, probably bottom of the league and he was sacked later than most would've wanted. We played horrible football when he first joined, Marsch wasn't the reason "we stayed up" we were bad under Marsch and we eventually dropped into the relegation zone whilst Marsch was here, something we hadn't done before. 

I understand a lot of people will think it's an "Anti-American" thing to talk negatively about his time at Leeds but it genuinely was awful, the football was terrible, the tactics were terrible and when things were not going our way (which was a lot) there was nothing done about it, we had some memorable moments under Marsch (Norwich last minute winner) (Bournemouth 4-3 come back) but we should'nt have even been in those positions in the first place. 

I don't understand the reasoning behind him being "unfortunate", unfortunate in what way? He lasted longer than a lot of other managers would have done and clearly only got the job because of our links with Red Bull and his. 

the-office-michael-yikes-x8pzowd0ud2o8e1

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, USMNT Matt said:

Hey y'all, Jesse didn't get the break he needed at Leeds. It's as simple as that. He's 100% suited to the EPL though. He gave blood, sweat and tears to every job He's had - even in the last job, where supporters wanted him to fail as he wasn't Marco Bielsa. His status as a Princeton alumni is highly respected within the US and is seen as a footballing visionary here. I cannot believe the tedius Ted Lasso nonsense he was associated with but it's another case of xenophobic anti-USA feeling towards ourselves in English football. I think he'd be a much better fit for your roster than Leeds' too.

He got more time than he deserved and got all the players he asked for bought for him and still we got worse week on week.  He got every break going.

We had to endure his terrible football week after week.  it never improved, problems were never fixed, he rarely had any ideas at all.  Even the training got worse as our fitness slumped.  He prattled on game after game about taking the pressure off the players when in reality he was projecting and imposing his own insecurities onto them.  He is genuinely the worst manager we’ve had in my living memory (and I’ve been going to Elland Road since 1980 so I’ve seen some).   Red Bull sussed him out and fired him, it’s incredible our board gave him aa chance and then stuck with him until it was almost too late.  Best of luck if you do hire him - it would be one of the more stupid things your club has done in its recent history - generally, apart from underinvesting in refreshing an aging squad, I thought Leicester City tended to run itself quite well in recent years.

Edited by BielsaIsGod
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BielsaIsGod said:

Leeds fan here.  If your board is stupid enough to appoint that utter David Brent fraud Marsch and you stand for it you deserve all you get.  Our idiots tried to appoint some dutch failure post Marsch and we kicked off until we got a proper appointment.  You ought to as well.  The worst manager we’ve ever had in terms of damage done and we’ve had some proper dross in our recent lower league days.  He should be banished from football, the self regarding,  vacuous faker.

So you didn't like him much then? 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If you could pick two players who you'd want nowhere near this team tomorrow, who would they be?

Bertrand

Vestergaard

Ward

Soumare

Amartey

Perez (surely we can’t recall him!!)

Ndidi

Vardy

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, breadandcheesebrother said:

Big Sam being linked now

Few things in this life would lead me to despair, but the thought of Sam Allardyce as LCFC manager would certainly do the trick..........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is funny how Leeds fans took a shine to marsh early on when games were going good. Just goes to show their about as fickle as some of us here on FT.

let me just say if Bielsa was some sort of god why was he doing so badly before he got sacked?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BielsaIsGod said:

Leeds fan here.  If your board is stupid enough to appoint that utter David Brent fraud Marsch and you stand for it you deserve all you get.  Our idiots tried to appoint some dutch failure post Marsch and we kicked off until we got a proper appointment.  You ought to as well.  The worst manager we’ve ever had in terms of damage done and we’ve had some proper dross in our recent lower league days.  He should be banished from football, the self regarding,  vacuous faker.

Hang on…

No ‘Leeds fan in peace’

is this a declaration of war?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BielsaIsGod said:

We had to endure his terrible football week after week.  it never improved, problems were never fixed, he rarely had any ideas at all.  Even the training got worse as our fitness slumped.  He prattled on game after game about taking the pressure off the players when in reality he was projecting and imposing his own insecurities onto them.  He is genuinely the worst manager we’ve had in my living memory (and I’ve been going to Elland Road since 1980 so I’ve seen some).   Red Bull sussed him out and fired him, it’s incredible our board gave him aa chance and then stuck with him until it was almost too late.  Best of luck if you do hire him - it would be one of the more stupid things your club has done in its recent history - generally, apart from underinvesting in refreshing an aging squad, I thought Leicester City tended to run itself quite well in recent years.

Wow was he really that bad 😞

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Hang on…

No ‘Leeds fan in peace’

is this a declaration of war?

If it's both, we're going to need a lot of the notepads Rodgers left behind.

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

So you didn't like him much then? 

Pretty much every Leeds fan hates him.  He barely kept us up last season, it was pure luck we survived.  He nearly doomed us this season.  He was protected by our idiotic DoF who appointed him to the club and couldn’t admit his stupid mistake.  In a just world where people get what they deserve he would be hung from our east stand and then burnt in the Old Peacock car park before his ashes were scattered in a Holbeck gutter.  But this isn’t a just world so he got a pay off and may end up managing you instead.  Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BielsaIsGod said:

He got more time than he deserved and got all the players he asked for bought for him and still we got worse week on week.  He got every break going.

Encouraging!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It is funny how Leeds fans took a shine to marsh early on when games were going good. Just goes to show their about as fickle as some of us here on FT.

Isn't that the same with all fans? if you're losing each week most fans would turn on a manager whereas if your winning most will support them as getting points is the whole points of the game... 

2 minutes ago, LeedsScum said:

Because Salzburg are the Man City of Austria, it's not hard to do well there as a manager. It's like praising someone for winning the SPL and thinking they could implement those same tactics to a lower half premier league side and get results.

The result was 100% due to the tactics, if the players were struggling to implement what he was trying to do then it's his responsibility, as a manager to change them. Leeds players didn't know who was supposed to press or go out wide to defend, it happened a lot. Again about the signings, just because Marsch was the manager at the time of the signings does not make them his signings. our DoF sings and deals with the players, something he struggled to do under Bielsa. Marsch would've just been told who's coming in.

Oh come off it, Salzburg had a fantastic model and bought players who excelled in Europe and the premier league for a pittance, sure they were spending relatively high amounts for that league, but for the amount they spent, the players they signed were absolutely top class and many have gone on to elite levels of football, you'd expect them to win the league with such players, but the cost to performance of Salzburg signings are some of the best in the world. 
Surely if you read your own post back you can see the clear conflict in your post, good signings at Austria who have gone on to do amazingly well in Europe for a pittance? = Moneybags, Good signings at Leeds? Not his signings.... 
He literally signed multiple players that he worked with at Salzburg lol Kristensen, Aaronson, Tyler Adams and Max Wober all played for him. Then there are more speculative links, but obviously, Mckennie is American and no doubt Jessie has links there due to the fact he's worked for the USMNT in the past, Rutter who I don't know a huge amount about admittedly but seems like he has a decent future came from Hoffenheim, who use Red Bulls Analysts although both of those players are speculative but it's hard to imagine this is all just a massive coincidence (again the last 2 could be but the links are there) 

Do you actually have evidence that the manager had nothing to do with the signings, or does it just sound good to say it? I have no inside info but it seems it's a great excuse for fans on both sides of supporting or hating a manager to blame bad signings on either the manager or the club or vice versa depending on how they feel about that manager. 
For example, Leicester fans overwhelmingly think Rodgers performance in the transfer market has been bad, So does that mean that Justin/Tielemans/Fofana was the result of the DOF, and the bad signings like Vestergaard were Rodgers? or the other way around? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

let me just say if Bielsa was some sort of god why was he doing so badly before he got sacked?

similar to Leicester fans and Rodgers when we were doing well….all fans are the same! We love our managers when doing well but not when badly!

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

Isn't that the same with all fans? if you're losing each week most fans would turn on a manager whereas if your winning most will support them as getting points is the whole points of the game... 

sadly we never won most games with Marsch in charge.  Even when he “saved us” it was largely accidental as we benefited from opposition red cards and last minute scrambled goals by u21 players chucked on the pitch in the final minutes to give it a go.  Even after pre season it was impossible to see any practical benefit from his bizarre coaching philosophy which might have worked in some farmers league but had no chance here.  But he kept at it to the point it was almost too late.  Anyhow enjoy your time with him if your board is daft enough to offer him the job.  Off back to waccoe now.

Edited by BielsaIsGod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BielsaIsGod said:

Pretty much every Leeds fan hates him.  He barely kept us up last season, it was pure luck we survived.  He nearly doomed us this season.  He was protected by our idiotic DoF who appointed him to the club and couldn’t admit his stupid mistake.  In a just world where people get what they deserve he would be hung from our east stand and then burnt in the Old Peacock car park before his ashes were scattered in a Holbeck gutter.  But this isn’t a just world so he got a pay off and may end up managing you instead.  Best of luck.

And we thought we were being harsh.

Even though I'm not especially against the idea of Marsch, I enjoyed the pure venom here.

• Haha 1