Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

If rumours are to be believed, and Top is either looking to sell to or seeking investment from Red Bull, are we seeing another Paulo Sousa style appointment in Jesse Marsch? 

How did that turn out last time? 

8 hours ago, MPH said:

if it was till the end of the season I’d be up for it. Trouble is, if he kept us up, there’d be people wanting him permanently..

This is the problem with all of them unfortunately.

The same happened with Shakespeare. Great interim appointment. The players respected him and he got the best out of them for a couple of months to steer us to safety.

Then he tried implementing his tactics and it went downhill. It was clear we should have been looking for someone else in the summer. But our club thought he had potential for some reason. Wasted another season with a slow start and could only attract a sub-standard manager.

It’s the repeating of mistakes that makes the running of this club so poor and I’ve no doubt that if we stay up the manager will be given time, even if it’s clear he isn’t fit for a long term appointment. We will waste another season.

Repeating ourselves but waiting so long means we are left with only poor options. It’s clear we need one person to keep us up and another for long term rebuilding but the club do not have that sort of sense.

• Like 2

Can see a situation where supporters will be reviewing their options next season if Marsch gets the job long term. And not just the so called glory fans since 2016. Marsch, clappers, goal music and championship football allied to the cost of living is hardly an appetising prospect. Surely the club need to aim higher than this and give fans something to hang on to. Can see Non League football  benefitting from all this.

7 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Can see a situation where supporters will be reviewing their options next season if Marsch gets the job long term. And not just the so called glory fans since 2016. Marsch, clappers, goal music and championship football allied to the cost of living is hardly an appetising prospect. Surely the club need to aim higher than this and give fans something to hang on to. Can see Non League football  benefitting from all this.

You go and watch Coalville my friend. There are plenty of young fans desperate for your ticket.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

You go and watch Coalville my friend. There are plenty of young fans desperate for your ticket.

I've got a hospitality season ticket my friend. Places available most weeks now for any desperate young fans should they so desire.

Edited by l444ry

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

- A world in which he's been schooled by Leipzig's most successful manager, the one that dragged them through the divisions and helped set the template for the success of several of Red Bull's teams, not just with tactics but recruitment. (Yes, Ragnick failed at Man Utd but he was on a hiding to nothing there, and from the start many didn't respect the work he was currently doing in football administration nor his body of work at Leipzig. It was classic small-minded footballer syndrome where if a manager is even a remotely left-field choice, footballers don't know who they are and don't respect them. It's the same mentality as the one that led to Chelsea's overpriced signings having to Google who Graham Potter was and calling him 'Hogwarts'. Marsch has been in the league and saved Leeds once, which should protect him from the same kind of instant disrespect.)

- A world in which he's still young, still learning and still has lots to give to the game.

- A world in which his reputation is on the line with every job he takes rather than one in which his reputation is secure but continues to take jobs that won't really injure the footballing world's perception of him.

- A world in which many reputable European football journalists were clamouring for him to come to the Premier League not too long ago.

(By the way, I'm well aware that my head may be in the clouds. I just prefer to get on board the optimistic bus. I always do. They say it's the hope that kills you but I'm still going despite the disappointments along the way.)

Are you in PR?

love the optimism sadly it will be unfounded as he’s carp!!

8 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Is there? Hardly selling out home tickets, and even aways are making it to members atm and not selling out for until close to the game day. 

Be at about 1.5k or so who don’t renew next season I’m sure, plenty of STs for those who want one. 

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Currently I’m for Alladyce. We need grounding and setting up well from the back, sorting our set pieces.

Shame that Warnock took the Huddersfield job. Unpopular with most on here but would've been a better fit than Allardyce IMO.

Great man manager and ideal for the interim role until the end of the season.

• Like 1

We need a change, someone who will come and not be influenced by the past or want to play a particular system that doesn't suit our players. Sadly, we no longer have the players to play the tactics that have brought us success in the past, despite that seemingly being S&S's plan A.

It may be ugly, but if it keeps us up, anything will do. Big Sam, Marsch, whoever, but I think they need to have no history or connection with the club and be given free reign to just keep us up.

46 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Perhaps he didn't want it?

Perhaps he’s making the tactical calls but doesn’t want to be front and centre. He certainly appeared two or three times in the tech area on Tuesday when he hadn’t ever before. 

we simply don’t know what’s going on behind the facade …..

Guest nathan.
7 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

So what wasn't good enough for Leeds, is good enough for us eh Top

Do you remember how Leeds rated Kasper?

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

At least if we get Jesse Marsch we can sing the famous American chant of "we believe that we will win". How ironic that would be. 

“FIGGHHHHHTTT ANNNDDD WWWWIIIINNNN!”

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

I haven’t been much this season and I won’t be renewing my ticket. I’ve lost interest massively this season which has never happened before! I was there in the league one days. And I caught the train on the snowy night to watch us play against Middlesbrough and I much preferred them days to this. We seen hopeless at the minute