Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Phube said:

What’s happened to the “Anyone but Brendon” gang? 

Seems like they didn’t really mean it after all!

eh, he 100% needed to go. not having him in charge does at least give us a chance of survival. still, replacing him with Marsch is like finally taking your clapped out mini to the breakers yard and spotting a rusted pickup truck while there and deciding that's your next car

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

All this idiocy and jingoistic vitriol over Marsch and there isn't even a firm link to the job, that's the really funny part.

Which reminds me. Do we know how he pronounces Leicester? Does he go for Liiiisester, of Leicesteeeeeeeeeeer.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

When did we just decide to give up as an ambitious club?

...you wonder if the priorities changed with covid and the board members had a different perspective of life!!!

For this nightmare to be continually played out, it will have to get much worse before someone says enough is enough. 

We appear to have  made no plans for Rodgers inevitable dismissal and we just keep on doubling down on mistakes as we seek to address the mess that has been this season.

Whilst I would rather go into Europe to get our next manager, with the names bandied about,  so far JDT, would be an interesting call and Postecoglou at Celtic has recruited well, exciting style of football, and perhaps like his predecessor could leave before the end of the season and take up a position here. 

• Like 1

Whether we use jingoistic idiocy, or objective analysis of his tactics and ability as a manager as a measure, there seems to only be one key empiric conclusion:

Jesse Marsch will not keep Leicester City FC in the Premier League if hired as the club's manager. 

• Like 1

My biggest fear with the owners and senior management team is the lack of ruthlessness, Rodgers was kept for 14 months longer than he perhaps should have been and definitely 6 months when it was clear after the Brighton and Spurs thrashings a change was needed. 

Loyalty is commendable but I feel at our club it’s a blind loyalty towards a success or perceived success, I have a real genuine fear regardless of who, if anyone comes in for the remainder of the season and keeps us up, even if they are not the right person to take us forward longer term, our board will feel compelled to give them the start of next season and that is the concern I have that we become an Everton type of club, no strategy, panic mid season managerial appointments, mixed recruitment and no real identity, a right mess in short. 

I have zero faith we would be ruthless enough to appoint anyone on a short term deal and regardless of whether they keep us up or not, we show them the door in the summer and thank them for their efforts. The evidence is there that it’s highly likely the stop gap will be offered the chance to start the season if they keep us up and that horrifies me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm surprised Lars Knudsen wasn't given it over Stowell and Sadler, the blokes at least managed teams before.

...not sure why you are surprised,  the hierarchy know nothing about football!!!

An over reliance on Rudkin will do that to anyone.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

So what wasn't good enough for Leeds, is good enough for us eh Top

I don't like this one as it implies we have to have immediate previous success when we know most managers get sacked, and most have a shelf life.

Marsch was doomed to fail at Leeds. 

The Leeds fans are quick to point out "2 wins in 17" when a far better Brighton team and manager had 2 wins in 18 last season. Brighton had played some absolutely dross under Potter the same we have under Rodgers, and Leeds have under Bielsa, Marsch. Whether it can come good depends on so much, people point to Ralf Ragnick and United as a failing, well,  they're still crap compared to where they should be..

We will be defensively weak regardless as our players, keepers, and DMs are not good enough, and we know we can finish our chances, while we can't create them. Leeds created more, with more shots, more tackles (up the pitch even,) hitting their xG which is rare in and around the bottom third of teams outside of us who are rare over performers as well. They can't defend from set pieces and gave up easy chances in dangerous positions - this is basically us.

So I'm mildly optimistic that a Marsch Leicester would do better than a Marsch Leeds. And development down that route could see RB investment, and successors to Marsch.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Leicester, the modern day equivalent of the word "Shibboleth". 

If Jesse Marsch pronounces Leicester as "Lestoh", we hire him. If not, we slay him on the spot. Like the Gileadites did the Ephraimites. 

Lesteh init - he’s hired 

Just gonna post a decent manager’s name again in the hope it stands out amongst all the garbage on here.

ADI HUTTER.

Hell I’d rather have Benitez than Marsch but Marsch record isn’t terrible:

14 pts from 11 last season to keep them up.

not totally awful this season considering losing their two best players in Raphina and Phillips.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Just gonna post a decent manager’s name again in the hope it stands out amongst all the garbage on here.

ADI HUTTER.

Hell I’d rather have Benitez than Marsch but Marsch record isn’t terrible:

14 pts from 11 last season to keep them up.

not totally awful this season considering losing their two best players in Raphina and Phillips.

Thank you for judging the man and not the flag behind him. Real maturity and a shame that it isn’t reciprocated by more of us on here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Which reminds me. Do we know how he pronounces Leicester? Does he go for Liiiisester, of Leicesteeeeeeeeeeer.

Various of the county's towns villages could also prove tricky to pronounce, not just for JM but also to any other newcomer. Groby, Rothley, Sinope, South Croxton, Syston, Whitwick and even Loughborough are all possible banana skins. Even I don't know how Sinope is pronounced!

Edited by String fellow