Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Various of county's towns villages could also prove tricky to pronounce, not just for JM but also to any other newcomer. Groby, Rothley, Sinope, South Croxton, Syston, Whitwick and even Loughborough are all possible banana skins. Even I don't know how Sinope is pronounced!

Unlike Rodgers who only has about 10 words in his vocabulary including resilience, intensity, character,  and wonderful, Marsch has learned languages and I fully expect him to have Leicester lessons by KDH!

• Haha 2

I think at this stage of the season it is perhaps more about who can motivate and inject a bit of confidence into the team than anything else. Did Leicester not have a sports psychologist at one stage - IMO after so many last minute defeats you need someone like that.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
24 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

I don't like this one as it implies we have to have immediate previous success when we know most managers get sacked, and most have a shelf life.

Marsch was doomed to fail at Leeds. 

The Leeds fans are quick to point out "2 wins in 17" when a far better Brighton team and manager had 2 wins in 18 last season. Brighton had played some absolutely dross under Potter the same we have under Rodgers, and Leeds have under Bielsa, Marsch. Whether it can come good depends on so much, people point to Ralf Ragnick and United as a failing, well,  they're still crap compared to where they should be..

We will be defensively weak regardless as our players, keepers, and DMs are not good enough, and we know we can finish our chances, while we can't create them. Leeds created more, with more shots, more tackles (up the pitch even,) hitting their xG which is rare in and around the bottom third of teams outside of us who are rare over performers as well. They can't defend from set pieces and gave up easy chances in dangerous positions - this is basically us.

So I'm mildly optimistic that a Marsch Leicester would do better than a Marsch Leeds. And development down that route could see RB investment, and successors to Marsch.

That’s maybe fair. I do think there is something in what you’re saying. But we also have to deal with the data we have - we aren’t talking about whether or not we stick with him, we are talking about whether we take a gamble on him whilst in a perilous position, or if we go with someone that’s got a bit more of a proven track record.

Another concern is that it’s become clear our fanbase and Foxestalk in particular are comprised of a high proportion of ****ing idiots. The swathes of people who cared more about Brendan’s chapped lips than his merits of a manager would give this guy all of about 5 minutes before they turn on him. Look at the comments in this thread for a hint as to where we’d be the moment we lost a game under him 

6 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Unlike Rodgers who only has about 10 words in his vocabulary including resilience, intensity, character,  and wonderful, Marsch has learned languages and I fully expect him to have Leicester lessons by KDH!

'Disappointed' was also in his vocabulary. Over the last 12 months, almost every one of his post-match interviews began with a sentence containing it!

• Haha 1

If the thought of relegation wasn’t sickening enough, the thought of relegation under Jessie Marsch stewardship is likely enough to make me give up on Leicester completely.

If anyone, who holds any power within the club sees this as a sensible decision, there’s no point carrying on with the club.

I never thought I’d feel this way about Leicester City. 

2 hours ago, shailen said:

I'd rather have Stowell/Sadler then bring in an interim coach. They know the players the best and a new manager can't change anything so quickly, so it'd be pointless. 

That's what I thought initially but not sure after seeing their first team selection (no Nacho, Soy still frozen out, Vardy up top and on his own).  Am coming round to Big Sam, but if he's not been very involved recently then he might have lost his edge.

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

As a Leeds fan, I'll try and give as measured a judgement on Marsch as I can.

I do think it's true that he gets a rougher ride from Leeds fans due to not being Bielsa.  There's a fair bit of forum group think about him online, that's not entirely shared offline.

He's not a tactician.  He's actually similar to Bielsa in one way, and that is he has a plan A and plan B is to make plan A work better.  Plan A is a narrow formation with an absolutely rabid press.  He will have you winning the ball back very high and then transitions take place rapidly.  It certainly isn't possession football.  There is a madness and chaos to it all that leads to entertaining games more often than not.  We were scoring plenty of goals at the start of the season but they began to dry up, for some reason and that's ultimately when results were too often going against us.

He had some poor luck this season, that much is undeniable.  Plenty of results went against us despite us being on top in games and creating more clear chances than the opponents.  It was always a bit hard to fathom why that kept happening but its hard not to think it's just a product of the poorly conceived system.  It leaves you so vulnerable to a switch of play, quick counter or long through ball and we conceded similar goals all the time.

The biggest thing to take note of is that we have a decent squad and we all knew it.  It's probably a mid table squad.  In only a handful of games, Gracia has managed to prove that and got us in mid table form.  I'm yet to be fully convinced he's a top tier manager either but he's been able to achieve a set of results Marsch couldn't seem to at any point.  That's probably the most clear example of where JM is as a manager.

I don't hate him like many seen to.  I don't think he's a bad guy but just says too much and too often that's the wrong thing.  He had some really odd attitudes and quirks at Leeds that did him very few favours with the fans and probably the players alike.

It's not beyond rational thought that he could galvanise you and save your arses.  I wouldn't bet your lives on it though.

Poor luck my ass.

Lap this shit up Leicester and give him a 3 year contract.

You'll be playing Lincoln in a year or two.

Absolutely clueless **** leading a team playing naive football.

You win a lot of ball, you lose a lot of ball on repeat play.

Stick two deep lying players in your midfield and he hasn't a scooby what to do and his whole attacking game plan relies on precise through balls into the spaces between the lines. You need accurate passers, accurate receivers and a dumb **** defence that stand there and let you do it.

Rumour was leaked that he was surprised how competitive the teams outside the top six were.

It's honestly head in hands stuff you'd not see at Sunday league level.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I think at this stage of the season it is perhaps more about who can motivate and inject a bit of confidence into the team than anything else. Did Leicester not have a sports psychologist at one stage - IMO after so many last minute defeats you need someone like that.

If that's your main focus . . . get Marsch in then.

Loves to talk everything up and put his arm round everyone.

It was different to what Bielsa offered as he was strictly hands off.

As stated ad nauseum though, players aren't fools and if your game plan is full of holes it doesn't matter how many times he gives you a hug.

Tries this phycho-babble on the fans too . . . we'd lose and he'd be rubbing his hands together and fist pumping at the smallest element of improvement.

It's draining.

We stumbled upon Gracia and he has immediately got 20% more out of the team at both ends of the pitch. We alter game plans, he makes excellent subs and we look a football team that knows what it is doing. The contrast is startling tbh and most of it is common sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Where were Leeds when he took over and where were they when he left? It's gotta be pretty similar surely? These White Socks fans make out he's taken them to the Vanaramas (which would be quite the achievement in one year)

Exactly the same, toying with relegation which is actually their level.

Lose today, then Marsch appointed. It feels like the old days to be honest. The glory days were awesome, we’ve had a lot… The greatest escape, premier league title, FA Cup, European tours… been unreal really. But football goes in cycles, short ones for those not with billions in the bank.
So we seem to have had ours cycle, It’s back to being s***. 

2 minutes ago, LaughingOutLoud said:

players aren't fools and if your game plan is full of holes it doesn't matter how many times he gives you a hug.

This nails it for me. I think he is the wrong manager for now. I just can't see the players buying into all his energetic hype whilst knowing he failed at Leeds, and also Rodgers was known for all these motivation David Brent-isms, that I can only imagine rubbed the players the wrong way after all these losses. 

Are Marsch's tactics full of holes? 2 wins in 17 with an OK Leeds team, would suggest so. I'd still take Rafa at this point, considering how late in the day it is and how crappy our options are. Just have a bad feeling about Marsch and worry it could just compound our issues with defending and our player's confidence. 

7 minutes ago, LaughingOutLoud said:

If that's your main focus . . . get Marsch in then.

Loves to talk everything up and put his arm round everyone.

It was different to what Bielsa offered as he was strictly hands off.

As stated ad nauseum though, players aren't fools and if your game plan is full of holes it doesn't matter how many times he gives you a hug.

Tries this phycho-babble on the fans too . . . we'd lose and he'd be rubbing his hands together and fist pumping at the smallest element of improvement.

It's draining.

We stumbled upon Gracia and he has immediately got 20% more out of the team at both ends of the pitch. We alter game plans, he makes excellent subs and we look a football team that knows what it is doing. The contrast is startling tbh and most of it is common sense.

Be moaning about Gracia when you go down.

You didn’t look that good with Bielsa either