Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Like I said earlier, I get the feeling Marsch is good at impressing in interviews with his high energy and passion for his style, however, I personally believe that his style is not what we need right now, and actually, I don't think it will ever work well in the Premier League, hence his 2 wins in 17 with an OK Leeds side. 

We are taking someone to save us from relegation, who was relegating another team just months ago. Crazy IMO. 

I am all for let's get behind anyone and I will of course, but I still think this could end up going very badly, unless we get the new manager bounce, that nearly anyone is capable of. Sometimes, just a change helps. That is what I am hoping for anyway.

What’s scary is that this is the same board who were impressed/convinced by Congerton.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Like I said earlier, I get the feeling Marsch is good at impressing in interviews with his high energy and passion for his style....

Reckon you will find this from most of the middle tier managers, Potter included. A lot of the battle will be how you impress the right people in the board room, and i am sure there is a lot of management bulls**te at play these days, especially with the amount of investment flying around. If you look at Marsch's Linkedin page he has posted about a book called The nine types of leader. You can easily imagine his stewardship being about forced leadership, personality tests, personal and leadership style guides with development goals etc etc. I've always found that those who have to force leadership concepts down your throat make the worst leaders.

So yes, i imagine Marsch goes in with a slick Powerpoint, leadership style guides, a 2 year growth plan and football philosophy that will get the suits drooling. Yet when he's out on the training pitch the respect falls apart.

• Like 1

So. I take 24 hours away from FT and you useless bunch of muppets go and let the club ‘find’ Jessie James 😖😖😖. Jeez. If we are down to shopping in Poundland, even Scott Parker would have been a better shout for 6 weeks. 😞😞

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Cheers mate. I used to live in Leeds and have a few friends there. They have nothing positive to say about him. Seems an utterly ludicrous appointment to me.

Same, know a couple, both said the football was dreadful from almost day 1

I enjoy how most posters here wouldn't cross the street to plss on a Leeds fan if they were on fire, and now - because it fits the narrative - is treating them like they're the seven sages of ancient Greece. lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Can you imagine the senior players, guys like Vardy, Wilf, Evans etc, taking this guy seriously? I can't.

More easily than anyone here taking you seriously by this point.

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hardly the same situation was it. 9 games vs 30 

No, but the point is Puel came in when we were in or around the relegation zone and finished well clear!

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Can you imagine the senior players, guys like Vardy, Wilf, Evans etc, taking this guy seriously? I can't.

I was more thinking of the clique we keep hearing about of Maddison, KDH, Thomas and Barnes.

Guest nathan.
Just now, Gamble92 said:

Keep seeing Rodgers name amongst the the names for the next Forest manager.

Imagine. Could he be any more hated?

Imagine if he kept them up at our expense.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I enjoy how most posters here wouldn't cross the street to plss on a Leeds fan if they were on fire, and now - because it fits the narrative - is treating them like they're the seven sages of ancient Greece. lol

I don’t need a Leeds fan to convince me this is a terrible idea. I know you are a fan of his and this feels dreamy, but this is honking. I don’t care because he’s from the US or he’s been at Leeds. I care because he’s poor and there are far better options out there. If he’s being considered because he is PL experience then my goodness we need help. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Nope, and this is where I think if we are really scraping the barrel (which we are!), then go for a Benítez or Big Sam, who will not take any crap and get our senior players fighting again. I think Marsch will rock up with power points and inspirational movies/quotes and expect that to get a tune out of the likes of Vardy and co. Wasn't Brendan known for these cringe inspirational things too? Just can't see how the players aren't fed up of that after 18 months of dross performances. 

Get some experienced big lump in and I'll take scrappy 1-0 wins or draws all day long if they keep us up! 

32 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Like I said earlier, I get the feeling Marsch is good at impressing in interviews with his high energy and passion for his style, however, I personally believe that his style is not what we need right now, and actually, I don't think it will ever work well in the Premier League, hence his 2 wins in 17 with an OK Leeds side. 

We are taking someone to save us from relegation, who was relegating another team just months ago. Crazy IMO. 

I am all for let's get behind anyone and I will of course, but I still think this could end up going very badly, unless we get the new manager bounce, that nearly anyone is capable of. Sometimes, just a change helps. That is what I am hoping for anyway.

I have no issue with pragmatism now that keeps us up and then we look at the longer term future in the Summer.

Accept it’s a case of holding our nose with some of the names circulating but if they keep us up I think most would take that now.

whoever can get a tune out of the lads now, straightaway should be the sole criteria.

Edited by JimmyC74