Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The appointment of Puel and the current situation aren't remotely similar really

When Puel came in we had a tremendous team just under performing. Puel had made some good signings. Brendan has essentially run us into the ground with dreadful signings and NO youth development what do ever. He really has been a complete charlatan in terms of team and squad development as well as a god dam awful style of play 95% of the time

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Go back a few years and we were a very attractive proposition. We aren’t now which is primarily mismanagement of the club. I think it’s okay to be angry about that.

I think it’s also okay to be angry that the board didn’t act earlier when there would be more time for a new man to come in and settle in, also that we would have been more attractive.

I also think it’s okay to be angry about the fact that if a manager like Marsch is where we are at, why hadn’t we got them lined up ahead of sacking Brendan? He’s been out of work and this has hardly come out of the blue.

Not anything new here, but everything points towards a decline in the club and those who are responsible completely asleep at the wheel.

Never mention anything about not being angry about the situation.

But we are were we are.

• Like 1

I’m just hoping that this is more of a case of he’s one of a few that’s been spoken too, and his camp are the only ones making a noise, hence the bookies odds….

Im literally clutching at any straw I can find. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Go back a few years and we were a very attractive proposition. We aren’t now which is primarily mismanagement of the club. I think it’s okay to be angry about that.

I think it’s also okay to be angry that the board didn’t act earlier when there would be more time for a new man to come in and settle in, also that we would have been more attractive.

I also think it’s okay to be angry about the fact that if a manager like Marsch is where we are at, why hadn’t we got them lined up ahead of sacking Brendan? He’s been out of work and this has hardly come out of the blue.

Not anything new here, but everything points towards a decline in the club and those who are responsible completely asleep at the wheel.

…..like I say, just like Brexit. lol 

Of course it’s fine to be angry, but to act like this was never a possibility was optimistic at best.

People ‘voted’ for change, we got change. :dunno:

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Never mention anything about not being angry about the situation.

But we are were we are.

No, but you suggested anyone who wanted or expected better was deluded. 

Guest bennytwohats
4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

…..like I say, just like Brexit. lol 

Of course it’s fine to be angry, but to act like this was never a possibility was optimistic at best.

People ‘voted’ for change, we got change. :dunno:

I guess putting it like that maybe I see what you mean.

Im in the camp where I wasn’t expecting Poch. I had a fairly low bar, but Marsch seems still quite surprisingly disappointing compared to someone like Rafa.

I guess at least it’s not Big Sam

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Feels like Brexit so much too me, people expecting their idealised opinion of a change rather than the considering the alternatives.

He is gone now, so as with Brexit, we deal with the fallout as best as we can.

Can we make a Free Trade arrangement with Everton? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Here's a crazy one how about giving the new manager a chance and support him

I don't want him here, but if he comes I will support him, as will most. 

This notion that because me and others are saying that we don't think he would be a good appointment, means we won't give him a chance and support him IF he does join, is rubbish. 

What is the point of this whole thread if we can't discuss which managers we think would be good appointments or not? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

No, but you suggested anyone who wanted or expected better was deluded. 

No I didn't read it again......

I was talking about people being deluded in thinking we would have great options for the manager role in the current situation.

4 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I guess putting it like that maybe I see what you mean.

Im in the camp where I wasn’t expecting Poch. I had a fairly low bar, but Marsch seems still quite surprisingly disappointing compared to someone like Rafa.

I guess at least it’s not Big Sam

I would genuinely take big Sam over Marsch

• Like 2