Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

No I didn't read it again......

I was talking about people being deluded in thinking we would have great options for the manager role in the current situation.

Yep fair play, probably misread. @Dahnsouff rephrased above as well and I realised I am probably in agreement :blush:

I felt this as well reading the multitude of replies in the realistic replacements thread along the lines of ‘but it’s not my job to know the options etc’

Let me try and rephrase. You’re totally right but I’m still pissed off it’s come to this.

10 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Here's a crazy one how about giving the new manager a chance and support him

It’s like when we signed a player over the years, the ones that come with a lot of negative warnings from previous fans are usually the ones that stink the place out 

Ranieri was seen as an absolute joke of an appointment, had just been beaten by the Faroe Islands in a qualifier and his appointment was met with derision from every conceivable angle and yet he went on to mastermind one of if not the greatest football/sporting story. 

I am not saying for one second Marsch or anyone else for that matter will come and turn us into champions again, but what I am going to do is give to person appointed every opportunity to at least have a go and succeed at the role before I vilify them. Whilst fans may be frustrated and disappointed by the appointment and find it uninspiring, some of the posts making fun of his nationality borders on ignorance, immaturity and disrespect. Some of our fan base at times like this come across as entitled and embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I would genuinely take big Sam over Marsch

I sure as shit wouldn’t 

3 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Yep fair play, probably misread. @Dahnsouff rephrased above as well and I realised I am probably in agreement :blush:

I felt this as well reading the multitude of replies in the realistic replacements thread along the lines of ‘but it’s not my job to know the options etc’

Let me try and rephrase. You’re totally right but I’m still pissed off it’s come to this.

We all are let's just hope we can turn this around somehow.

Looks like he will be here next season whether we stay up or go down

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/08/next-leicester-manager-jesse-marsch-appointed-head-coach/

Leicester City are close to appointing Jesse Marsch as their new head coach with an agreement expected in the next 24 hours.

Leicester are likely to be offering a three-year deal plus the remainder of this season.

• Sad 2

I get it, people would like a good manager to come in, but our mismanagement has rendered this unrealistic currently, and I am certain people will get behind the next guy (or woman…..) as well as the two guys currently in charge. It’s an opportunity to vent understandable disappointment.

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Feels like Brexit so much too me, people expecting their idealised opinion of a change rather than the considering the alternatives.

He is gone now, so as with Brexit, we deal with the fallout as best as we can.

It is like Brexit, you’re right.

Those in favour of change could see how incredibly poor the current position, so wanted a better alternative.

The people in charge managed to ignore the exciting possibilities and choose a sh!t version of what they previously had. 

Blame the poor vision of the board / govt not the people that demanded better

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We all are let's just hope we can turn this around somehow.

Indeed. Hopefully a win today to change the mood :chant:

In my mind all we need is someone to come in that might be able to get a tune out our players. Knowing that Daka has scored goals under Marsch then I wouldn't mind him coming in. To get out this mess we need to build momentum. I can't see any other way in doing that than by Marsch sticking his faith in Daka and he starts scoring. He knows Marsch style of football.

All well and good saying other names but I can see Marsch coming in and it working. Long term is a completely different discussion but let's focus on the now