Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Pearson when appointed  was met with a fair amount of negativity amongst the fanbase and yet went onto be hugely successful and pivotal in our progression. 

Eddie Howe wasn’t seen as an inspired appointment by Newcastle at the time, been out the for a year or so and had finished on a real low with Bournemouth, he has gone into Newcastle and been a breath of fresh air. 

if Marsch is appointed whilst he is unlikely to have been in anyone’s top 3 of successors to Rodgers, i am going to give him every opportunity to come in and do a good job. Maybe he has learnt from some of the mistakes he has made in his last couple of roles. Let’s get behind him and hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised by the positive impact and results he delivers. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Christ.

3 years + remainder of the season.

All because he interviewed well, as Puel did.

Rudderless. Incompetence. We are in big trouble.

Hang on, is Puel still considered a poor appointment? Seriously? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Even Southampton wouldn't offer him more than 6 months, and we roll in with a 3 year deal, whether we stay up or not :facepalm:

I reckon tops looking at it thinking he’s got a great deal - was paying Rodgers £10m a year and now gets Marsch for about £1m a year.

if he manages to keep us up he could sack him next season if he feels like it, get a decent manager and we’re still quids in..

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You'd assume there are KPIs involved in his deal

Lol. Top doesn’t believe in KPI’s … He’s all about the honor. The kiss ass. The integrity. 

In other words the fellas naive and is backed by yes men/women.

Southampton didn’t want to give him anything more than until the end of the season and yet he is getting a 3 year deal from us

Agents must laugh out the door after meetings with Rudkin, maybe he doesn’t realise you are supposed to negotiate when it comes to contracts

I reckon I could roll up and get offered a 2 year deal

• Like 2

Not sure what any of you expect really. We are hardly a club at the minute that can command a decent manager. We are in a huge hole and if marsch gets us out of it fair play, if he doesn't it won't be his doing it will be the clubs lack of being able to do what's best for the club. We shouldn't be in this state regardless of who is manager. The hierachy had to take equal blame for this seasons shambles

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like he will be here next season whether we stay up or go down

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/08/next-leicester-manager-jesse-marsch-appointed-head-coach/

Leicester City are close to appointing Jesse Marsch as their new head coach with an agreement expected in the next 24 hours.

Leicester are likely to be offering a three-year deal plus the remainder of this season.

Lost for words to describe how dismal an appointment this looks. I can’t see how he keeps us up in the short-term and I can’t see how he gets us back up in the medium-term. Almost anyone would be better now; and then there would surely be better available in the summer, irrespective of which league we find ourselves in. 😞

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Southampton didn’t want to give him anything more than until the end of the season and yet he is getting a 3 year deal from us

Agents must laugh out the door after meetings with Rudkin, maybe he doesn’t realise you are supposed to negotiate when it comes to contracts

I reckon I could roll up and get offered a 2 year deal

Rudkin could enter an estate agents asking for directions and leave buying a house lol

• Haha 1

To be honest, I'm kind of excited by narrow football if it means direct balls through to Daka or Vardy (who, washed or not, has had zero service for most of the season).

We don't have any competent wingers, the only one we've got had it coached out of him and only scored on Tuesday because of a direct ball.

Fr1ECPVWAAEh-LF.jpg

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Christ.

3 years + remainder of the season.

All because he interviewed well, as Puel did.

Rudderless. Incompetence. We are in big trouble.

TBF Puel did a very good rebuild at our club.

Not a great man manager but has an eye for a decent player

• Thanks 1

Excellent news. Strap yourselves in guys, he'll likely keep you up and you'll enjoy the journey. And if he doesn't - his success speaks for itself in terms of getting you guys promoted. I worked closely with Matt Miazga - ex Reading, was signed by Chelsea - and he had nothing bad to say about him whilst he was at NYRB. Jesse did some really positive actions. Lots of meditation and mindfulness before the latter was even a big thing. He''s definitely a big believer in team spirit and that's what you need rn. I know at Leeds players were regularly given days off of the training ground to do bonding exercises and regularly ate out together at Pizza restaurants etc. Not one player there had a bad thing to say about him and he kept them up so the proof is in the pudding. The media absolutely loved him too. Delighted for you fellas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1