Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

what’s disgusting is that our incompetent board are probably doing this because someone pointed out that it will help us commercially in the USA. 

But no it f*ing won’t, they don’t give a damn and surprise surprise like every other country just follow teams that are actually successful for a prolonged period. There will be more newcastle fans than leicester ones and they are owned by saudis! 

We are going down in a blaze of glory and what a ride it’s been but this is genuinely the worst run football club in the top division by a country mile 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Probably the reason financially 

It's a very good point

Leeds gave him a few internal coaching promotions to support to start with, then I believe he brought in one more in the summer, but certainly nothing major!

Would love to see Huth sack off this loan job and get involved! 

4 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Give him a chance.

Some of the comments are ridiculous.  

I saw the same BS posted by Leeds fans when he replaced their darling Bielsa. They weren't so critical when he kept them up. How about that, huh :whistle:

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

3 and a half years? Could we seriously do no better? My head is gone. What an absolute farce this has become.

My only hope is, he is on one of the lowest salaries in the league and so the board will have no problem sacking him, as opposed to Rodgers and his huge pay off. 

Whether true or not, who knows. But, surely that is one reason to being OK giving him 3.5 years! Ridiculous. 

• Sad 1

3 years is a lot, but 3 years of of Marsch is like 1 or 2 of Benitez who was on around 7.5 million at Everton. 

This is uninspiring. And his record at Leipzig worries me more than Leeds.

We don't have wingers or many players who can are good at possession football - which is style dosen't need.

Good luck to him. You never know...

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

😂 honestly if Marsche comes in this club should just spontaneously combust and pretend we never existed. It’s ****ing criminal, we won the league and had an opportunity to break top 6 with the right investment. Best training ground in the league producing the worst shower of shit. 

What can we expect let’s be honest. We got some saying we can’t spend 10m a year again on a manager and others saying the likes of Poch but Benitez etc not good enough. No decent manager is going to want to come here with all the uncertainty over what league we’re in and finances 

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Careful what you wish for they said :thumbup:

I would take Marsch over the gremlin a million times over.

4 minutes ago, USMNT Matt said:

I saw the same BS posted by Leeds fans when he replaced their darling Bielsa. They weren't so critical when he kept them up. How about that, huh :whistle:

To be fair, I'm all for giving him a chance but I don't think that what he done at Leeds and their fans opinion of him should be used as an argument.

1 minute ago, Fox1980 said:

What can we expect let’s be honest. We got some saying we can’t spend 10m a year again on a manager and others saying the likes of Poch but Benitez etc not good enough. No decent manager is going to want to come here with all the uncertainty over what league we’re in and finances 

Yep unfortunately true, we are an utter shit show from top to bottom, anyway I’d rather marsche or however you spell it in than this Sadler muppet who outshits Rodgers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I always have been and always will be 'give them a chance' and i'm mostly okay with this appointment.

However one thing I felt we need was top to bottom change in coaching staff, and the worrying thing about Marsch is he only really has one 'friend' he brings with him. 

Which means we will still need our dinosaur goalkeeping coach, and means Sadler will likely stay also.

I honestly don't get the criticism of Stowell. It's as if he's personally responsible for any underperforming goalkeeper at the club. He came here under Levein, was Assistant to Kelly when we stayed up in 2006, he was a constant through Pearson, Ranieri, peak-Rodgers. He was coach when we won the title. He coached Schmeichel, the most successful keeper (for the club, at least) that we've ever had. Don't we value people who have been with us on the journey, who have been a part of what has and hasn't worked in the past? Wasn't the maintenance of a pre-existing coaching structure, with him in it, absolutely critical to our greatest achievement? Isn't this precisely why people were so uncomfortable with the departures of Way, Rennie, Walsh and co.? I honestly can't see clear reasons for singling him out, unless it's because 'we can't defend set pieces'. Which, at other points in his time, we've had no trouble with whatsoever. For 'dinosaur' read 'loyal servant, and part of the fabric of the club throughout the most incredible period in its history'. I'd value that.

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Even sky pundits think it's a rubbish appointment.  

Sky pundits are just salty because they have lost the little media darling.

No one can seriously think this is a good appointment, but I understand those who suggest he is backed from the off, which I am sure he will. 

However, due to the almost universal negative reaction this this appointment, it will make things much harder and the chances of things becoming toxic quicker, much more likely. 

We also have to consider that the players will have a similar view of this to the pundits/fans, which again could make things more difficult for Marsch.

Of course, a win or two early on, can change everything. 

The length of the contract is irrelevant unless you know the severance/relegation  clauses that could be in it 

what it says to the players though is pull your fingers out for this fella because he will be your coach next season whichever league you’re in 

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

I honestly don't get the criticism of Stowell. It's as if he's personally responsible for any underperforming goalkeeper at the club. He came here under Levein, was Assistant to Kelly when we stayed up in 2006, he was a constant through Pearson, Ranieri, peak-Rodgers. He was coach when we won the title. He coached Schmeichel, the most successful keeper (for the club, at least) that we've ever had. Don't we value people who have been with us on the journey, who have been a part of what has and hasn't worked in the past? Wasn't the maintenance of a pre-existing coaching structure, with him in it, absolutely critical to our greatest achievement? Isn't this precisely why people were so uncomfortable with the departures of Way, Rennie, Walsh and co.? I honestly can't see clear reasons for singling him out, unless it's because 'we can't defend set pieces'. Which, at other points in his time, we've had no trouble with whatsoever. For 'dinosaur' read 'loyal servant, and part of the fabric of the club throughout the most incredible period in its history'. I'd value that.

Was probably a bit strong, most clubs have at least two GK coaches though, no idea why we never have!