Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

This is why fans don't make good managers 

I disagree, fans often make better calls than managers, prime example was 14/15 when Pearson wouldn't play Albrighton despite it being obvious he was needed, when he eventually starts playing our results changed, there are many examples where it seems fans see it and managers dont, infact i wouldn't be surprised if some teams managers/coaching staff look at forums like this for ideas

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The length of the contract is irrelevant unless you know the severance/relegation  clauses that could be in it 

what it says to the players though is pull your fingers out for this fella because he will be your coach next season whichever league you’re in 

Does it though?  Because if we go down, the vast majority of these players won't be here anyway so even if the manager is, the players won't be if we go down so they won't care.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I disagree, fans often make better calls than managers, prime example was 14/15 when Pearson wouldn't play Albrighton despite it being obvious he was needed, when he eventually starts playing our results changed, there are many examples where it seems fans see it and managers dont, infact i wouldn't be surprised if some teams managers/coaching staff look at forums like this for ideas

Ha ha ha .

Of course they do. 

Full time manager sees the players and works with them on the training ground let's the team be picked by a fans forum.

Give your head a wobble sir. 

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Fuch me Jessie Marsch on a 3 year deal apparently. It’s starting to make me think that all previous good decisions have been a complete and utter fluke. This club has lost itself from top to bottom. A complete and utter shambles

I do think we got lucky a number of times. The Ranieri appointment on paper for example, should never have got that level of success. We have also been incredibly lucky with certain players that turned out to be world beaters, when very little suggested they would ever be on paper. 

I think Pearson built an incredible foundation to make use of that luck though and of course investment from the owners helped enormously. 

It does feel that our luck started to take a drastic change after our FA Cup win though, and Top is demonstrating now that he is certainly not as savvy as his father and our once strong foundation, has been crumbling for a long time, and in 9 games time, could fall apart completely. 

That isn't to say that we were in anyway undeserving of all our recent success. It is just an observation that when it rains, it bloody pours! 

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Don’t ever remember such an uninspiring managerial appointment.Apart from Megson.At least the stakes weren’t so high then.

Megson did well so well in fact Bolton took him.

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Ha ha ha .

Of course they do. 

Full time manager sees the players and works with them on the training ground let's the team be picked by a fans forum.

Give your head a wobble sir. 

I get that, we can't know what goes on in training, and I made that point in the original post with cags but I'd still ask questions like why didn't BR make 4/5 subs against that 1st game against Brentford on that hot day. Why did it take 24 games before BR gave up on Danny Ward? fans still get a lot right *wobble wobble*, yep still think fans get alot right

Maybe his vision, strategy and willingness to work within a defined structure and model fully aligned with the direction the board want to take, also he may well have been very honest about what went wrong at Leeds and he has learnt some valuable lessons and experience from his time there, that will be beneficial to us 

I have no doubt on paper its not the appointment the majority of fans wanted but this is who the club has decided to put their trust in, let’s hope he proves the doubters wrong, because we all want a successful Leicester City. For me he starts with a clean slate and the hope he does a great job with us. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

:nigel:

The squad is entering a massive transition phase (whether we go down or not) with so many out of contract players and the spine of the squad being dissembled.

The last time we went through such a phase Puel took over (which got the same response as Marsch).

We need someone to steady the ship, rebuild the spine of the team and get us in a position where we’re not at threat of relegation (or get us in a position where we’re fighting for promotion if we go down).

If the board think he’s the right choice I’ll trust them in the same way I did with Pearson, Ranieri, Puel and Rodgers. 

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

You posted this 1 hour ago and now it is reporting that a deal for Marsch has been agreed... :thumbup:

And what? What does this have to do with Marsch? Gonna shoot me down now for something I've not even said? Unbelievable Jeff.  Stop stalking me weirdo. 

Edited by themightyfin

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

And what? What does this have to do with Marsch? Gonna shoot me down now for something I've not even said? Unbelievable Jeff.  Stop stalking me weirdo. 

Stalking you is the only joy I have these days. Keep posting. You complete me :wub:

• Haha 2