Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The sport is slowly Americanising and I don't like it.

I don't think, culturally, there's an engagement with 'soccer' in the same way as the British and I want that strength of cultural engagement (for want of a better term) in my team's manager.

How far does cultural engagement go?  Ranieri was from a different culture.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Geoff has found his voice again.

Shame he didn't say much about Rodgers after laying into Claude every 5 seconds.

We don’t need Vardy on his wages in the Championship. He needs to leave. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

The biggest mistake was letting Kasper go and keeping Rodgers, if the other had gone instead then we might not find ourselfs in this postion even though I agree it's time to not rely on title winners but that was a big mistake imo.

Kasper was clearly not straightforward, but he was a leader. The club has stripped away effective leadership on and off the pitch, since Pearson left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

FFS!!!!!!!!! 

THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!! 

PLEASE CAN PEOPLE STOP PUTTING THIS!! He’s shown nothing that states he’d be a good coach / manager, never mind of a club that is in the Premier League. 

LOL CAMBIASSO HES MAGIC UNOOOOOO

neither did Kompany.

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Genuinely think I might cry if the Marsch appointment is finalised. The definition of a clueless footballing decision and nothing but the butt of jokes adding insult to injury going forward. 

I'm open-minded about all the options, and think it's possible that Marsch will do well somewhere sometime. But if they're seriously considering him as a long-term commitment, then given our current predicament, you'd have to worry that - 8-15 games into a Championship season - we might be regretting such a decision.

• Like 1

Just now, reynard said:

How far does cultural engagement go?  Ranieri was from a different culture.

You know what I'm driving at. It's not an American sport. Let's not forget that in living memory the United States tried to implement 4 quarters and bigger goals into 'soccer'.

I hate this club so much 

I obviously don’t mean that. But **** me I’m being pushed to my limit. Why do we consistently just make the worst decisions possible. 

Edited by Manini

Just now, foxile5 said:

You know what I'm driving at. It's not an American sport. Let's not forget that in living memory the United States tried to implement 4 quarters and bigger goals into 'soccer'.

And the stupid penalties they felt necessary to add to the game. And the desire to do away with nil nil draws.

27 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Cambiasso is only guy that could probably save us at this stage.

Better give him a call

I wanted Gallardo, Arne slot, or anyone but the manager merry go round of the premier league but the ones I've suggested are way out of the question.

Actually, although Cambiasso is inexperienced, I'd rather have someone with that elite mentality than Jesse Marsch. We're going down anyway so go left field and get someone with fresh ideas

My concern with Cambiasso is his unknown quality and also trusting him with a massive rebuild in whatever division we're in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

LOL CAMBIASSO HES MAGIC UNOOOOOO

neither did Kompany.

Giggs, Maradona, Neville, Shearer, Stoichkov, Mattaus, Ince, Laudrup …. 

Kompany was a student of Pep and it was well documented he was involved with the coaching at Manchester City toward the end. 

Cambiasso has had what, 5 games as Assistant Manager at Colombia? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I'm open-minded about all the options, and think it's possible that Marsch will do well somewhere sometime. But if they're seriously considering him as a long-term commitment, then given our current predicament, you'd have to worry that - 8-15 games into a Championship season - we might be regretting such a decision.

I'm almost certain that we would regret it. 

I'm usually open minded but could tell this guy was a comic strip that English men wouldn't be able to take seriously the second he rocked up in Leeds.

Would love to be proven wrong, but would rather not have to find out.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Kompany was a student of Pep and it was well documented he was involved with the coaching at Manchester City toward the end. 

9 games at Leicester.

Or so I'm told

Marsch will come in and somehow turn it around securing our survival and the fans will collectively be shouting USA.USA.USA after we beat West Ham on the final day of the season.

Got to have hope, even if it’s blind hope.😉

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Appointing Marsch is dreadful. This isn't just because of him being American (I have my opinions on that too) but because he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can manage a Premier League club effectively.

he wont be managing a premier league club.....

• Like 1

Just now, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I wanted Gallardo, Arne slot, or anyone but the manager merry go round of the premier league but the ones I've suggested are way out of the question.

Actually, although Cambiasso is inexperienced, I'd rather have someone with that elite mentality than Jesse Marsch. We're going down anyway so go left field and get someone with fresh ideas

My concern with Cambiasso is his unknown quality and also trusting him with a massive rebuild in whatever division we're in.

He would be a good choice imo he has bags of experience, knows what teams need and probably has a cool head.. plus obviously is looking to get into coaching.. maybe has some good connections.. the club could handle the transfers with his input.

I'd rather this than the usual merry go round of managers we are being linked with.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Gotta start somewhere

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

We are now a worse run, more laughable club than Everton - gonna take myself for a swim in a cold and deep reservoir without my armbands

Everton did what they had to do to survive.

Edited by Tuna

We need to back him, and not judge him on the remaining games we have.

We are going down and theses players have already checked out.

Jesse has a massive rebuild job on his hands, probably his biggest job in management so far, let's back him and hope for the best.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1