Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

I’m concerned about the potential Marsch appointment but I think it’s worth pointing out that, when thinking about two of our most successful managers in the last 20 years, one had just been sacked by Greece and other had been let go by Southampton after barely keeping them in the Championship. King Power have generally done okay with their appointments, got to hope they’ve done their due diligence again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Leeds were poor under Marsch from a results perspective, and the system they had was often found out due to poor full back defending and opponents going route 1, but most of the key metrics improved dramatically under Marsch's tenure. 

Exactly this buddy. But people only see what they want to. If he was British and had a name like Steve Jackson, people would be welcoming him with open arms. Luckily he's got thick skin and has heard all of the lazy insults many, many times. I'd bet the house on you guys picking up points as soon as he comes in - maybe barring Man City ;).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Puzzling we are not going after hassenhüttl or rafa. At least to TRY and maintain our pl status

I thought Rafa was ruled out due to wanting more than interim role. Then we go and give Jesse 3.5 years lol

I know Rafa would want higher wages, but bloody hell, sell a player and get a decent manager for 3.5 years. 

I know we have been burned by Rodger's ridiculous wage, but that doesn't mean we should be looking at budget Managers. That is the one area that I think you have to spend on. More so than anything else. Get the best Manager in possible. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

This is what we should expect but Leeds fans will tell u different 

CE5B8A1E-AE02-45AF-A0AD-BAC281633B69.jpeg

That’s what Leeds were under Bielsa, but he soon realised you couldn’t survive the Prem playing like that, so he played a more defensive style which cost him, so where did Marsch go wrong with Leeds?

1 minute ago, USMNT Matt said:

Exactly this buddy. But people only see what they want to. If he was British and had a name like Steve Jackson, people would be welcoming him with open arms. Luckily he's got thick skin and has heard all of the lazy insults many, many times. I'd bet the house on you guys picking up points as soon as he comes in - maybe barring Man City ;).  

I'd take Steve Jackson right now. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

You want a manager now who will nurture players like Braybrooke, Alves and Brunt, but also have some connections with loan signings, I would have thought Viera would have been a good choice if we go down. I just can’t see players running through brick walls for Jesse

Your first sentence literally described Jesse Marsch. 
That’s exactly the type of manager he is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Puzzling we are not going after hassenhüttl or rafa. At least to TRY and maintain our pl status

How do you know we haven’t? A lot of people wouldn’t take it on, like anyone who cares about their reputation.

Quite funny and highlights the ludicrousness right now but in the two ‘hot’ threads currently one’s people getting uppity that a player told fans to **** off and is therefore spineless, while in this one people want a man to come and be our manager who told a fan to **** off which shows he’s got fight.

16 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

This is what we should expect but Leeds fans will tell u different 

CE5B8A1E-AE02-45AF-A0AD-BAC281633B69.jpeg

see that's good, but that's also the sort of thing you need buy in for and a heavy conditioning preseason. midway through a season and with a disinterested group of players, trying to implement that is a recipe for disaster 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Are you hinting at the Claudio hiring? Personally I didn't mind as I rated him but was obviously gutted about Pearson leaving which was the bigger deal.

Nah not really, I think a manager can sometimes slot in somewhere and unexpectedly get results , but it’s rare, I thought Lampard would be a brilliant manager and wanted him when we signed Rodger’s, I was disappointed with Rodger’s 

1 minute ago, Quorn_fox said:

I’m concerned about the potential Marsch appointment but I think it’s worth pointing out that, when thinking about two of our most successful managers in the last 20 years, one had just been sacked by Greece and other had been let go by Southampton after barely keeping them in the Championship. King Power have generally done okay with their appointments, got to hope they’ve done their due diligence again.

This is true, when was the last appointment that was truly crap and achieved nothing?

Sousa in what, 2010?

Since then;

Pearson - promotion and general greatness

Ranieri - was underwhelming when announced but won the prem

Shakey - hmm was short term but kept us us and settled us down

Puel - did some great squad building and primed us for the next go at success

Rodgers - he did do very well for a time but was kept too long

So each has been a good appointment in their own way and importantly done what was required of them.

Re Marsch, it depends what your expectations are. Anyone who is expecting great escape x 2 and the Premier League title next year will be disappointed.

My expectations are to keep us from a double relegation and create a younger, hungry squad ready to challenge for promotion again and help the club through the financial challenges around that so less likely to be disappointed!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, USMNT Matt said:

Can't stand the anti American bias. If Jesse gets the gig we must give him a chance. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

We’re at our best when we press and get after teams. If that’s the way he’s going to get us to play then I’m all for it because the way we’ve played this season hasn’t exactly gone well. 

I look at the remaining fixtures, an with the right tactics and approach only see two games where I don't think we can get any points, next week and Newcastle away, Fulham are on the slide, Liverpool are having an off season, West ham will be safe by the last day of the season. The run of Wolves, Leeds, Everton is massive. Marschs first game for Leeds was against us, and they were very unlucky to lose that game, it wasn't great that Rogers did, just a good finish by Barnes.

9 minutes ago, Ian S said:

He will be sacked by Christmas when we are bottom half of the Championship.

That would be my prediction too.

I don't think we bounce straight back regardless of who we appoint, too many changes are needed and we won't retain quality. Maybe if one of Iheanacho or Daka stays we can be competitive, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think the future may be about integrating players like Braybrooke, Alves and Nelson into the first team and supporting them with more experienced pros.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

see that's good, but that's also the sort of thing you need buy in for and a heavy conditioning preseason. midway through a season and with a disinterested group of players, trying to implement that is a recipe for disaster 

We’re going to tear up the championship with it 

10 minutes ago, USMNT Matt said:

Matt Turner burner account?