Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Your first sentence literally described Jesse Marsch. 
That’s exactly the type of manager he is. 

Yes, we may go down but Marsch does play attractive football, and likes the youngsters. 

I am OK with this.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Your first sentence literally described Jesse Marsch. 
That’s exactly the type of manager he is. 

Perhaps, guess I was looking at young players looking at an ex player/manager and taking advice from someone that’s done it at the highest level, but coaching is an art form, and Americans are good at that, and marsch did it at Salzburg, and if Palace players react to hodgson, we should give Marsch a chance and maybe decent, you never know

• Like 2

Do I want Marsch NOW? Not really, but I do however buy into his philosophy and the way he wants to play, but I think the risks associated are that if we do stay up, overhauling an entire squad and trying to implement a VERY complex system and structure which requires players to actually use their brain might be quite difficult in the premier league. So even if we did stay up, can we get a big enough turn around to make his style work?
I think there Is a big chance we are already dead and buried at this point anyway, I think anyone who comes in right now will struggle to turn this ship around, and if he is willing to take a gamble and stick with us that says a lot about his character. He's a positive guy who has quite an infectious personality, players often seem to like him and he doesn't take any shit. 
If we do go down, I'd fully back him to rebuild us, his signings at Leeds are pretty much all going to play at a decent level for them either now or in the future, although Rutter needs to prove himself. 
He has many contacts in the RB network who can help us to rebuild a squad for the future, he loves giving youth a chance and personally, I think if he can bring in some players who can adopt his style if we went down we would come straight back up. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the board have any idea how unpopular this hiring is? Driving back earlier and heard Talksport completely baffled why we would even consider him right now. Just when we need some positivity, we sink deeper with this news. If he does well, then fair enough, but the perception of this appointment from the outset does matter, and it is almost a universal WTF?! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I wonder if the board have any idea how unpopular this hiring is? Driving back earlier and heard Talksport completely baffled why we would even consider him right now. Just when we need some positivity, we sink deeper with this news. If he does well, then fair enough, but the perception of this appointment from the outset does matter, and it is almost a universal WTF?! 

It is quite surprising that the board are going for him over other available managers like Big Sam until the Summer, Rafa or Hasenhuttl. Or even a gamble on Hutter. 

Spent last 2 days whinging about this, but after being at the shit show today bring it on. Seeing the players jog around barely putting a shift in is bollox. At least Jesse will get some intensity in there and we will start creating chances again. Nothing can be worse than 2nd grade Brendan ball. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t really got any opinion on Marsch being our new manager as any change can’t be worse than what the chuckle brothers spewed out today.

The only thing that concerns me is that Leeds were dreadful down here earlier in the season. 

1 hour ago, Silva Fox said:

So who do we want for the next manager when we're inevitably in the hunt again by Christmas if not before?

Someone adept at getting us out of the Championship - so either Nige or Ollie.

1 minute ago, Skid_1884 said:

I haven’t really got any opinion on Marsch being our new manager as any change can’t be worse than what the chuckle brothers spewed out today.

The only thing that concerns me is that Leeds were dreadful down here earlier in the season. 

Oh, it will be dreadful. But we can’t carry on as we are. I think at the very least he will demand effort we are not seeing. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It is quite surprising that the board are going for him over other available managers like Big Sam until the Summer, Rafa or Hasenhuttl. Or even a gamble on Hutter. 

As others have suggested, maybe we made contact but they simply weren't interested due to our situation. I suspect Rafa was definitely contacted but perhaps demanded quite a lot. Whether fans want to admit it or not, he is still quite a premium manager, even after the Everton mess, which he should never have accepted. 

Marsch is damaged goods after his performance at Leeds, and so I can understand him being more than keen to jump at this opportunity, even at the cost of a relegation on the CV in 8 games time. 

The fact we interviewed Dean Smith though... Still can't get over that! :facepalm:

• Like 1