Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Not a lot of point in writing him off before he has started. It can’t be much worse than what we have been doing until now. 

If Marsch comes in, we have to back him.

I am sure the majority will. We just like a good rant on here. 

Just hope he gets the new manager bounce, as it could get even more toxic if not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

You want a manager now who will nurture players like Braybrooke, Alves and Brunt, but also have some connections with loan signings, I would have thought Viera would have been a good choice if we go down. I just can’t see players running through brick walls for Jesse

It’s just an avoidable shit show

I suspect any short term options like Rafa were too costly considering we're staring down the barrel. Marsch seems to want the job and I think he was seen by the board as someone who could give it a go this season and would be in charge next season if we went down or stayed up. 

Although none of that makes it an exciting appointment in my eyes. I just hope he instills some fight in the players. 

I'd support him, but I dont expect him to have any success for the remainder of this season. This squad is finished, most of them are too soft to play high instensity football and will go on strike if they have to put more effort in. 

Next season he'd probably do a job depending on what our squad situation is like. Would be nice to have a squad that works hard again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

I suspect any short term options like Rafa were too costly considering we're staring down the barrel. Marsch seems to want the job and I think he was seen by the board as someone who could give it a go this season and would be in charge next season if we went down or stayed up. 

Although none of that makes it an exciting appointment in my eyes. I just hope he instills some fight in the players. 

Have we offered marsch a 3 year contract 

I think something else worth noting that could work in our favour, his system requires players to be really flexible in their role, he uses "formations" but the formations don't dictate the play, I think he used 12 different formations at Salzburg if I remember correctly, The style of play he learned under Ralf Rangnick and RB was more about players having individual responsibilities but moving together as a collective unit rather than having players stuck in traditional positions. The point I'm making here is that often players signed for these teams have to be quite dynamic, intelligent and often quite agile. Think of players like Kampl, Laimer, even defenders like Gvardiol and Orban at Leipzig, all intelligent and flexible players. 
These sorts of signings are players who can adjust to multiple different managers styles. If we are going to take a gamble and let Marsch give us a summer rebuild, I'm at least hopeful we will sign players who have a future with us if it doesn't work out with JM. 

51 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So much of these pointless, baseless claims based purely on nonsense emotion. 
The exact same stuff was said about Ranieri. 

No based on him being crap in his previous job.

He was sacked after 2 wins in 17, that makes Rodgers look competent.

Just now, Ian S said:

No based on him being crap in his previous job.

He was sacked after 2 wins in 17, that makes Rodgers look competent.

So that means he will have us struggling in the championship? Ranieri was awful before he arrived at us, Puel also struggled before coming and by the time he left our squad was in a far better state than what he inherited. I understand the pessimism, it's not the most exciting signing, but saying we will be struggling in the championship is just pointless. Whoever it is needs 10000% support. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ian S said:

Based on what exactly, genuinely interested.

There’s a lot of luck involved with new managers, I feel he might get something out of the team. Although after today I think I just want anyone in as it was a disgrace.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So that means he will have us struggling in the championship? Ranieri was awful before he arrived at us, Puel also struggled before coming and by the time he left our squad was in a far better state than what he inherited. I understand the pessimism, it's not the most exciting signing, but saying we will be struggling in the championship is just pointless. Whoever it is needs 10000% support. 

Ranieri had a track record as a manager as did Puel to a lesser extent, Marsch??

I will give 100% support but don’t think I can manage 10000%.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

There’s a lot of luck involved with new managers, I feel he might get something out of the team. Although after today I think I just want anyone in as it was a disgrace.

Can’t argue with your assessment of today, pathetic does not do it justice.

4 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Ranieri had a track record as a manager as did Puel to a lesser extent, Marsch??

I will give 100% support but don’t think I can manage 10000%.

10000% or you're out

Edit: Actually that's just too easy of an escape

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Agreed. Also people need to remember we’re in a transition phase similar to when Puel took over. 

• Like 1