Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, shiv said:

I think we need to confirm our safety before taking a punt on anyone.

It is a gamble yes, but statistically we have a relatively good record when we’ve had caretakers in charge. 

-Stowell is unbeaten in his multiple stints as our caretaker. 

-Shakey did a good job as we saw.

-Worthington kept us up in the Championship.

-Rob Kelly kept us up in the Championship. 
-Appleton won 2 in 2.

I think we need to get through Villa and Bournemouth and see where we are - if we somehow manage to get 2 wins it might change the candidates interested in the job. It’s not like a manager in now will have that big a difference on 2 games in 6 days IMO.

In general mate I do agree,  although I'm not sure we can read anything into our chances for a new/sacked manager bounce from those situations. 

I cannot believe Stowell is unbeaten as caretaker, that is crackers lol 

Literally anybody now, except @Ric Flair (sorry, but Tete?!?), but if I had a choice: 

Graham Potter all day long. Right man, right character, right time, right club. Made for each other.

Can you imagine Potter telling the press that it’s the Board’s/the fans/the players fault? Not in a million..,

• Like 1

This is absolutely nailed on - if he wants to take the risk - we will be absolutely all over him - from what I understand we had him lined up with some detail season before last when Rodger’s could potentially have gone - we will be banging his door down - only question is will he want to walk straight into another job 

Potter needs a break.  We need someone to come in and gets us organised in double quick time.

We're going to get a Big Sam type in until the end of the season and then the job is Potter's if we're still in the prem and he wants it.  

We need a long term builder of a manager, no doubt, but we don't have time on our side and which self respecting manager of that ilk will come in and sign a 3 year deal when we don't have a clue what league we'll be in.

Interim until the end of the season.  Long term appointment early summer.  It's the only sensible play.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Just can't see how he would join a club 1-2 weeks after being sacked and having such a disastrous time at Chelsea. 

He will rule himself out until the summer at the earliest. 

On the flip-side if he comes in and keeps us up his reputation is instantly improved.

I think potter would be ok if he had most of the season, but to put a fire in the bellies or in our case more like a rocket launcher up the behinds of our players, he seems the polar opposite of that kind of manager.