Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

So in summary:

Plan A was to give it to Stowell and Sadler until the end of the season and recruit a permanent manager then. That’s not working out.

Plan B was to appoint a high quality interim manager but none of our targets for that role would take it

Plan C was to appoint a high quality permanent manager, but none of our preferred candidates would commit to that role while out Premier League status was in doubt

So we’re onto Plan D: appoint somebody for the permanent role who we don’t really want but has agreed to stick with us if we get relegated

Is that about right?

Basically a series of increasingly panicky fall back positions from initially having no plan at all, rather than a plan. All brought about by the one actual plan clearly falling apart for long enough, comfortably long enough, to make a plan. 

But those boardroom croissants don't eat themselves. So they did that instead of make a plan. 

1 hour ago, bmt said:

They're leeds fans. 

It is pretty universal actually. No one thinks this is a good appointment. Shock and amusement seems to be the most common reaction. 

Let's hope he manages to prove everyone wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if it is Marsch would we get away with bringing the touchlines into the edge of the penalty area. Also stops all the cutting in from the flanks. the only negative none of our goal kicks will stay in play, assuming we try to stop letting our defenders play keep ball in our box.

As utter outrageous, and desperate as this sounds, and I’m aware he was awful as the women's coach, but just give it to Heskey. 

He knows the club, he knows the owners, he knows the player and he knows the fans, he’s a local lad, and he loves the club, because honestly, whatever tactics he has, even if it’s nothing, it can’t be any worse than yesterday. 

I doubt we get a FT manager before the end of the season, and let’s be honest, some managers manage different leagues better, I’d rather wait and get someone more suited to whatever happens than appoint someone now who will be remembered for relegating a Premier League winning team 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Onions said:

As utter outrageous, and desperate as this sounds, and I’m aware he was awful as the women's coach, but just give it to Heskey. 

He knows the club, he knows the owners, he knows the player and he knows the fans, he’s a local lad, and he loves the club, because honestly, whatever tactics he has, even if it’s nothing, it can’t be any worse than yesterday. 

I doubt we get a FT manager before the end of the season, and let’s be honest, some managers manage different leagues better, I’d rather wait and get someone more suited to whatever happens than appoint someone now who will be remembered for relegating a Premier League winning team 

Heskey is Director of Development on the women's side of the club. He's never been their coach (except for one game as caretaker, which they won).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

So in summary:

Plan A was to give it to Stowell and Sadler until the end of the season and recruit a permanent manager then. That’s not working out.

Plan B was to appoint a high quality interim manager but none of our targets for that role would take it

Plan C was to appoint a high quality permanent manager, but none of our preferred candidates would commit to that role while out Premier League status was in doubt

So we’re onto Plan D: appoint somebody for the permanent role who we don’t really want but has agreed to stick with us if we get relegated

Is that about right?

Yesterday I watched a broken rudderless team capitulate to a side that was Championship standard at best.  It's highly unlikely that we can survive now and what we don't need is a manager who won't be able to get us promoted from the Championship.  I'd rather wait until the summer and get a decent manager than appoint the wrong one now.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Yesterday I watched a broken rudderless team capitulate to a side that was Championship standard at best.  It's highly unlikely that we can survive now and what we don't need is a manager who won't be able to get us promoted from the Championship.  I'd rather wait until the summer and get a decent manager than appoint the wrong one now.

We can’t leave Sadler in charge for one more game though, he needs booting out the club immediately. 

7 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Corrrrrr I just checked the table again, I thought Leeds had turned a corner recently, imagine if we stay up under Jesse and send them down 😂 

Ahh mate, I've got some bad news for you. If you didn't see our latest performance yesterday, let me summarise, We're screwed!

Not keen on Marsch but we need a change now because Sadler and Stowell must never be allowed to pick a team again.  Whoever it may be , their first job should be stop asking players who can’t pass a ball to pass out from the back. Passing around in own half also has to stop. Surely the analysis guys have stats on how many times we concede possession in our own half.  Why have none of the coaches realised we aren’t good enough to do it. Hopefully the new manager will realise this and put a stop to it. We have pace up front, please get the ball forward quicker.

• Like 4

Guest Mee-9

Here’s a question. 

Would you have preferred Nigel Pearson back (with his old coaching set up, Shakespeare and Walsh) to rebuild us rather than Marsch?

I know I would.