Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Mee-9 said:

Here’s a question. 

Would you have preferred Nigel Pearson back (with his old coaching set up, Shakespeare and Walsh) to rebuild us rather than Marsch?

I know I would. 

Of those choices, absolutely.  

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Here’s a question. 

Would you have preferred Nigel Pearson back (with his old coaching set up, Shakespeare and Walsh) to rebuild us rather than Marsch?

I know I would. 

we aren’t looking at the rebuild - we are looking to stay up and Pearson is not gettable atm 

The Big Jesse needs to tell them that when there are thousands of Zulus on the hills around you baying for your blood - you don’t just cut and run. You dig in, fix bayonets, get organised, fight and stab the bastards. I feel like there should be a squad get together where The Big Jesse makes them watch Chuck Norris films or something. Anything is worth a go at this point. We need a hero!

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
Just now, st albans fox said:

we aren’t looking at the rebuild - we are looking to stay up and Pearson is not gettable atm 

We were looking to stay up 10 games ago. 

It’s a foregone conclusion now that we’ll go down. Marsch will be an appointment with one eye on the rebuild for sure.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Any idea who the preferred option, and option 2 were. I presume the preferred was Rafa but not sure who option 2 was?

Potter/Rafa preffered

option 2 was the stowell and sadler I believe.

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s not the opinion inside the higher echelons of the club 

It shows you that they aren’t in touch with reality doesn’t it?

Just now, teblin said:

Potter/Rafa preffered

option 2 was the stowell and sadler I believe.

Ah, i thought these might be realistic options! Potter was never coming anyway and SaS were never going to work.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Any idea who the preferred option, and option 2 were. I presume the preferred was Rafa but not sure who option 2 was?

My understanding is Option 1 was Waldorf and Stadler getting enough out of them to stay up then having a wide field to choose from in the summer.  Option 2 was Potter.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Personally I think we would be better off accepting relegation and picking up an ambitious young manager in the summer.  Ideally one with a reputation for giving youth a chance.  

Exactly what I thought yesterday. 

Start to ask questions of someone like Rob Edwards at Luton 

12 hours ago, RedSoxUK said:

Do you have any thoughts about who would be Jesse's assistant manager and if he would be bringing in coaches, seeing as some are still at Leeds?

Jesse came to Leeds without any backroom other than Frank Schiemer who worked with him at Salzburg.  Unlike a lot of managers he doesn't seem to have any sort of retinue of trusted assistants.  Either they don't exist or they wouldn't come with him.  This caused immediate problems when he arrived at our club and they had to help him smash some sort of team together of folk who were available.  This included Cameron Toshack and our former U21 coach Mark Jackson who then left pretty quickly to manage MK Dons.  The club eventually brought in Rene Maric (who has a very weird/interesting CV) to help out and some guy called Pierre Barrieu as fitness coach ( don't let him into the club given what happened to our players' fitness during that time). All of them left with Marsch .

Pretty late in the day - about a week before he was sacked - the club brought in Chris Arnas, a friend of Marsch's from the US who had apparently been part of some stateside RB set up. He is stuck at Leeds on gardening leave still waiting for a payoff, but has no role or responsibilities.

Javi Gracia brought in a full team with him.  He refused to let Arnas anywhere near the team, although other LUFC staff - for example Michael Skubala, another U21 coach who acted as caretaker after Marsch (but had nothing to do with the Marsch regime) , has been integrated into the set-up.  BTW, despite talk on here about him bringing on youth, Jesse Marsch showed no interest in youth development or the performance of the U18/u21s, which got way worse during his tenure, and he only played the likes of Gnonto when injuries gave him no option.  The one youth prospect he invested trust in, Sam Greenwood a lumbering striker converted into midfielder, is an absolute donkey who is L1 level at best.

Edited by BielsaIsGod
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Post taken from the Bristol City forum. Sounds like a typical Pearson team fighting for the manager, the club & the fans. 

What an incredible reaction today by the lads. We were absolutely pedestrian in the first 20 minutes and despite slightly improving before the Stoke goal, it was looking to be a case of how many for Stoke after going in at half time 1-0 down.

The key difference in this squad to what we have seen under LJ/DH is the ability to produce a reaction. Even during our worst runs under Pearson, I had faith in the squad to react to the situation and always put up a fight. I never felt the same way during the LJ/DH era.

NP must take a lot of credit for what he has done to this squad. The emergence of players such as Pring and Tanner, the latter of which I thought epitomised the way Pearson has us playing in that second half, is nothing short of a revelation. At the start of this season, if someone had told you that players such as these two and Vyner were destined for careers in the lower leagues, you would not have disbelieved them.

You can see each member of that squad now wants to fight for every point and knows they will have to in order to keep their place in the team, and long may it continue! 

Edited by Shane

1 hour ago, boosmanana said:

At least we might finally see some of our players sprinting when closing down now ...

Watched this yesterday, fantastic video actually and surprisingly unbiased from a Leeds fans who actually gives a decent insight into what his tactics were at Leeds, how they have changed over time and why they did not work out. It’s a great video. 

90% of the Leeds fans have come across as just completely bitter, I can fully understand that it didn’t work out, but it’s always the same crap “he’s shit” “his tactics didn’t work” 

you ask them WHY it didn’t work and which aspect of the tactics failed with some sort of detail…. Tumbleweed…. Then frankly, with respect, the amount of FT users that have peddled out the exact same lines about Leeds when it’s clearly barely anyone actually understand his philosophy is just saddening.

I fully respect anyone right to hate his tactical approach if they have taken more than 20 minutes to actually research what it is first.
half the people that hate his philosophy have absolutely no idea what it is or why it didn’t work out at Leeds.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

We were looking to stay up 10 games ago. 

It’s a foregone conclusion now that we’ll go down. Marsch will be an appointment with one eye on the rebuild for sure.

The rebuild is a massive job - one of the most important phases in our history. Get it wrong and the consequences could be very serious. What has Marsch achieved to suggest we should trust him with that?

Edited by ClaphamFox

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

It is pretty universal actually. No one thinks this is a good appointment. Shock and amusement seems to be the most common reaction. 

Let's hope he manages to prove everyone wrong. 

The media and other fans had the same reaction to Puel’s appointment. In the same way Leeds fans are coming on here we had Southampton fans laughing at us.

Again I’ll repeat - Puel’s appointment was a successful one. He transitioned our style of play, phased out the “old guard” of the title winning team and brought in some great signings. It’s only this season we’ve had a starting XI with largely non Puel signings. 

• Like 1