Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ah, i thought these might be realistic options! Potter was never coming anyway and SaS were never going to work.

Might be wrong about potter, but think Rafa was on the list.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Watched this yesterday, fantastic video actually and surprisingly unbiased from a Leeds fans who actually gives a decent insight into what his tactics were at Leeds, how they have changed over time and why they did not work out. It’s a great video. 

90% of the Leeds fans have come across as just completely bitter, I can fully understand that it didn’t work out, but it’s always the same crap “he’s shit” “his tactics didn’t work” 

you ask them WHY it didn’t work and which aspect of the tactics failed with some sort of detail…. Tumbleweed…. Then frankly, with respect, the amount of FT users that have peddled out the exact same lines about Leeds when it’s clearly barely anyone actually understand his philosophy is just saddening.

I fully respect anyone right to hate his tactical approach if they have taken more than 20 minutes to actually research what it is first.
half the people that hate his philosophy have absolutely no idea what it is or why it didn’t work out at Leeds.  

He failed at RB Leipzig too. He’s only achieved anything in the US and Austrian leagues, and has failed in the Bundesliga and Premier League.

Not good enough what we need. Nowhere near good enough.

20 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Any idea who the preferred option, and option 2 were? I presume the preferred was Rafa but not sure who option 2 was?

Preferred option was potter. 

Option 2 is currently in situ. 

Eight games to go and people saying we are already down?

People also turning on owners who have delivered the Premier League, the FA Cup and European football?

A huge factor in the Great Escape and the league win was the togetherness and fighting spirit both on and off pitch.

Too many people have become too comfortable finishing in the top 5 and have developed delusions of grandeur. Anyone with a realistic sense of the history of the club must have known we would have a period like this at some point.

I doubt the bookies have any idea who our next manager is going to be - you can bet the owners are working flat-out on it, and previously they have worked quietly and professionally, without tipping their hand until the job is done.

So get a grip!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

What I hope Marsch will bring is a style that suits the majority of the playlng squad which is still full of players ideally suited to fast, high intensity, high pressing style, we saw this in pretty much every victory this season and yet still our Elite former manager and now the 2 buffoons masquerading as our interim team have continued to implement a style that makes the whole infinitely weaker than the sum of the parts, out of this whole debacle of a season I truly hope the owner has decided that we need to move away from this tippy tappy controlling football, that has been the accelerator in our demise, to move back to a style that suits the majority of our squad. 

what I find laughable in all of this strategy and playing style, is it would appear someone forgot to tell our recruitment team, as basically we have signed players like Daka who is Vardy mk 2 but then asked him to play a style and role completely alien to him, it absolutely beggars believe how shambolic and disconnected the club is at present. 

I am not advocating we return to the tactics of 2015/16 but we clearly need a shift in our philosophy as the current strategy and plan has us staring square in the face of relegation. 

So if Jesse has come in and impressed the board with his vision and our he wants to take the club forward with a brand and style that will see us playing a more high octane style that will get the best out of the squad and also set us up for our rebuild then I am all for it, because it cannot be any worse than the absolute shit show that has been served up by Brendan and his happy clappers for the past 15-18 months. 

This is what I fear most. The board is appointing him because he talked a good game in interviews and has disregarded the fact that he hasn’t achieved anything that qualifies him to manage us.

3 minutes ago, stourbridgefox said:

People also turning on owners who have delivered the Premier League, the FA Cup and European football?

A huge factor in the Great Escape and the league win was the togetherness and fighting spirit both on and off pitch.

Too many people have become too comfortable finishing in the top 5 and have developed delusions of grandeur. Anyone with a realistic sense of the history of the club must have known we would have a period like this at some point.

I doubt the bookies have any idea who our next manager is going to be - you can bet the owners are working flat-out on it, and previously they have worked quietly and professionally, without tipping their hand until the job is done.

So get a grip!

Thats very much looking like Vichais work now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stourbridgefox said:

So get a grip!

They’ve tipped the entire media who the next manager will be

1 minute ago, stourbridgefox said:

So get a grip!

Dont agree with people turning on the owners at all but come on the football we are playing is absolute garbage.  People blaming Rogers he is now gone but come on standing off teams like bloody Bournemouth at home allowing them like villa to advance up the pitch with the ball is absolutely criminal at any level let alone premier league level.

Sooner Stowell n Sadler get out of the club the better totally out of their depth.

Unless we show some fight and passion in the next 7 games exclude Man City cos that is going to be a bloodbath we are down.

24 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Personally I think we would be better off accepting relegation and picking up an ambitious young manager in the summer.  Ideally one with a reputation for giving youth a chance.  

Our youth teams are also crap. 

28 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

It shows you that they aren’t in touch with reality doesn’t it?

the only way we get out of this is by being unified - top to bottom. They have to believe.  They will have plans in place if we are relegated because business’ have to make plans but they don’t believe that we will be relegated 

if Marsch is the call and it’s confirmed today then I hope we don’t have to then wait several days for a work permit to appear. 

35 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Personally I think we would be better off accepting relegation and picking up an ambitious young manager in the summer.  Ideally one with a reputation for giving youth a chance.  

Arguably, you’ve just described the incoming manager.

4 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Maybe the owners think they'll be more likely to get some Anerican investment with JM as manager. I think they're desperate for some investment.

We’re probably 1 of the most famous football clubs of the last 10 years, and as it stands now, currently in the premier league. I don’t think we should have to get in an American manager to try and get some investment from somewhere

49 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Here’s a question. 

Would you have preferred Nigel Pearson back (with his old coaching set up, Shakespeare and Walsh) to rebuild us rather than Marsch?

I know I would. 

When was the last time they all worked together as a trio? Isn't Walsh employed? Is Shakespeare attached to Dean Smith now? It's not as simple as putting things all back in one place. It was nearly 10 years ago. Football has changed, so have we as a club and even more so our expectations. If we go down it will take a long time for our fans to adjust from minimum top half of the PL. Could Pearson take us back up, keep us there then take us further?

I'm on the fence because we can do better than him, and our board going back to him for a 3rd time feels like we're going back 10 years in our progress as a club. One thing his appointment would do though which few other realistic appointments would manage is to unite the fanbase, similar to what Chelsea have done with Lampard.

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

The only thing stopping me jumping off a bridge at the minute is the likelihood I'd just survive but with life changing injuries.

Worst still, the nurses would probably wheel in a TV for me to watch the rest of our matches.

When you're only able to blink to communicate, this will come in handy:

.--. .-.. . .- ... . / - ..- .-. -. / - .... .. ... / ... .... .. - / --- ..-. ..-.

This is "Please turn this shit off" in morse code. You're welcome.

• Haha 3

We can’t stick with SaS. We have to give the next manager the week to work with the team. Man City is a free hit that can be used to transition to whatever the manager wants to work with, and you never know if we get one of those new manager bounces (yeah right). 

But, under no circumstances should Sadler be taking training on Monday.  If Jesse is the only option then he needs to be given as much time as possible. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

When was the last time they all worked together as a trio? Isn't Walsh employed? Is Shakespeare attached to Dean Smith now? It's not as simple as putting things all back in one place. It was nearly 10 years ago. Football has changed, so have we as a club and even more so our expectations. If we go down it will take a long time for our fans to adjust from minimum top half of the PL. Could Pearson take us back up, keep us there then take us further?

I'm on the fence because we can do better than him, and our board going back to him for a 3rd time feels like we're going back 10 years in our progress as a club. One thing his appointment would do though which few other realistic appointments would manage is to unite the fanbase, similar to what Chelsea have done with Lampard.

Pearson wouldn’t unite the fan base.

2 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

When you're only able to blink to communicate, this will come in handy:

.--. .-.. . .- ... . / - ..- .-. -. / - .... .. ... / ... .... .. - / --- ..-. ..-.

This is "Please turn this shit off" in morse code. You're welcome.

You liar this says Jesse til I die 😮