Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

IMO we will be dead in the water if we appoint Marsch.  We need a man manager who will instil some self-belief and confidence in the players, without which we won't win any game.  We have players with talent, they have played to a much higher level before, we need someone who can untap that lost potential.  Re-working of previously failed tactics isn't going to achieve that.

Which are these players with talent? I don't see them. Not enough of them at least. Imo we don't have a first team with PL level talent all the way through. Maddison...won't want to get injured. YT ditto if he makes a comeback. It's all well and good talking about tactics, fight, passion and they are important but bottom line for me is the team is not good enough and the table doesn't lie.

3 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

We can’t leave Sadler in charge for one more game though, he needs booting out the club immediately. 

I think that's a bit harsh yes he's not a manager and we can't afford to leave him in that position but by all accounts he is a good coach

48 minutes ago, stu said:

Suggest people take 30 mins to watch the above to understand what the football would be like under Jesse Marsch.

Give him a chance.

This reminds me of playing over the park where everyone runs towards the ball! 😮

If he is our new manager, I will, as you say, give him a chance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stourbridgefox said:

Eight games to go and people saying we are already down?

People also turning on owners who have delivered the Premier League, the FA Cup and European football?

A huge factor in the Great Escape and the league win was the togetherness and fighting spirit both on and off pitch.

Too many people have become too comfortable finishing in the top 5 and have developed delusions of grandeur. Anyone with a realistic sense of the history of the club must have known we would have a period like this at some point.

I doubt the bookies have any idea who our next manager is going to be - you can bet the owners are working flat-out on it, and previously they have worked quietly and professionally, without tipping their hand until the job is done.

So get a grip!

Not delusions of grandeur for me. Sitting there yesterday I couldn't believe how many mistakes the players made. If I'm being charitable, they are probably scared of playing at the KP but tbf the fans got behind them by and large. If I was watching Oadby Town I'd have understood. It was awful. It was laughable. No composure. No guile. How many shots?  Gary Parker would walk into that side. We need more like him.  Worst I've seen in ages. We should all expect better. I don't expect us to be top 5 every year and I think most fans are realistic about who we are. Yesterday was a shambles. We just want a team that can be competitive. Bournemouth strolled through that game not Man City/Arsenal but Bournemouth. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Koke said:

He doesn't understand that playing it out wide is to stretch the opposition and move the defenders around, and subsequently chsnces are created. Can't believe this was said by a Premier League manager 😳 

Fuuny that because we get the ball out wide and it doesn't seem to cause opposition any issues. 

More than one way to skin a cat 

• Like 1

Last two games individual mistakes from KDH, Maddisson and Nididi have cost us the two games.

The players really need to take some flack, it's happened on many occasions this season.

Couple that with poor team selection and in game management

Edited by whoareyaaa

24 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Which are these players with talent? I don't see them. Not enough of them at least. Imo we don't have a first team with PL level talent all the way through. Maddison...won't want to get injured. YT ditto if he makes a comeback. It's all well and good talking about tactics, fight, passion and they are important but bottom line for me is the team is not good enough and the table doesn't lie.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here.

We have too many players in our squad that are championship standard. Ward, Castagne, Amartey, Thomas, Souttar, Dewsbury-hall etc....i could literally continue but my point is the handful of players i have listed you coild find better players in Championship sides. 

Normally you could rely on Vardy for 15 goals a season but his form has dropped off a cliff.