Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I think Brendan created a split in the team between his favourites and the rest.  So Madders, KDH and Youri would have been in the favourite pool, and i imagine we are now in a position with that leader gone the team is split. 

Astonished me yesterday when they came out for the warmup that Victor was just doing keepy uppy kicks on his own. Madders, as captain was right next to him and just passed around with 2 other players. I think Rodgers left the team firmly split into several factions. 

Noticed similar against Chelsea

Barnes and Thomas were warming up by themselves essentially ignoring everyone else.

Edited by MattFox

4 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

If we do go for him, for the love of God give him an 18 month contract and not three years. 

What difference?

when we sack him - all managers get sacked - we will agree a severance package which is relative to what he is earning as well as the time left on his deal. He doesn’t have an extensive entourage around him. He won’t be earning a fortune.  If he’s doing shite next season then we will sack him - irrespective of whether he has eight months or twenty months left on his deal. 

If  he is the best option willing to come here and he wants three years or so then that’s what we’ll do 

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We have absolutely no idea what the players are thinking about it. They might welcome fresh ideas also? Someone who's a bit more motivational and believing in them? Someone who likes to play football not cautiously or so defensively? 

He's known to be quite a good motivator. Perhaps more so than Rodgers, anyway... 

I hope you're right but they have access to the same info we do and his managerial record doesn't inspire confidence. To be fair. As much as Rodgers is pilloried by many, he had an impressive CV when he joined us.

I get what you're saying about the positivity and motivation but Ian Holloway could offer you that, doesn't make him a good manager. I don't know what the players are thinking but it's logical that, like us fans, they must be wondering why this guy is getting the gig. I've only played at semi pro level but in my experience, players are even more judgemental than fans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

I reckon Marsch might not happen now ngl. But what’s worse no manager or Marsch? But tbf if we’re writing off the Man City game they’ve got 2 weeks to get someone in 

I'd rather get someone in as early as possible to work with the squad. 

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

They have this strange obsession with Bielsa, as if he is in the same mould of managers such as Ferguson, Wenger, Klopp, Clough etc. 

Ultimately he was a bloke who sat on a bucket, couldn't be arsed to learn the language of the team he was managing, and he got the sack like every manager does for not being able to turn around a sinking ship. 

Bielsa got them to the PL though after years out of it. 

So it sounds like we have Marsch in the bag but we are looking for someone better!

right now ANY manager will do, it feels, so I’d take Marsch. However it feels like we will be in the exact same positions next year. I don’t feel like it will be quite as expensive to sack him though…..

Richie Wellens doing a good job at Leyton Orient. We need a solid manager with a good second in charge. Pearson and Shakespeare were a good combination. The rebuild is a massive job and will need a strong mgt pairing imo. 

1 minute ago, Rossiter said:

Richie Wellens doing a good job at Leyton Orient. We need a solid manager with a good second in charge. Pearson and Shakespeare were a good combination. The rebuild is a massive job and will need a strong mgt pairing imo. 

at least we’d have someone to blame!

• Haha 1

Probably totally irrelevant to this feed but I see Tops plane flew to Liverpool this morning and is coming back tonight? Might have gone shopping or to do the Beatles tour for all I know but is there anyone up there we are “looking” at 🔝👍

2 minutes ago, Balders65 said:

Probably totally irrelevant to this feed but I see Tops plane flew to Liverpool this morning and is coming back tonight? Might have gone shopping or to do the Beatles tour for all I know but is there anyone up there we are “looking” at 🔝👍

Rafa? 

3 minutes ago, Balders65 said:

Just now, Spudulike said:

Rafa? 

Or Slippy G

3 minutes ago, Balders65 said:

A plane to Liverpool. Lazy **** lol 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

at least we’d have someone to blame!

5 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Wellens, Rowett or Robins ?

9 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Let’s get the absolute mauling of Man City out of the way before appointing the next Manager, it really wouldn’t be a humane thing to do.

Loads of work to do on the training ground any manager coming in will surely get a free pass against Man City from the club and fans.

5 minutes ago, Balders65 said:

Have you got the right one? Only place his usual one has been since landing is back to its london base