Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Rafa is absolutely the right choice. 

1) He is the most likely candidate to get both respect from the players and be able to motivate them and keep us up. 

2) He actually has championship experience. He was willing to work on a project and dip down before and we need someone willing to do that as it looks the most likely outcome

3) He’s actually great for a rebuild, whatever budget he’s given he makes more good signings than bad ones. 
4) Fans of all his old clubs have good things to say. except for everton, who hated him before he arrived and wouldn’t give him a chance! From the outside he actually was doing well with everton as well, he turned demarai grey into a star for a couple of months… that’s more than any manager was capable of at leicester. If the fans hadn’t been so desperate to make things toxic for him, maybe he would have taken them forward 

His football is known to be extremely negative and overly structured. He’s also too stubborn to change.

The most important thing long term is to develop a much better style of play. Benitez would be a very poor appointment for this reason.

He also has previous in this situation and was unsuccessful at keeping Newcastle up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

1) He is the most likely candidate to get both respect from the players and be able to motivate them and keep us up. 

2) He actually has championship experience. He was willing to work on a project and dip down before and we need someone willing to do that as it looks the most likely outcome

3) He’s actually great for a rebuild, whatever budget he’s given he makes more good signings than bad ones. 
4) Fans of all his old clubs have good things to say. except for everton, who hated him before he arrived and wouldn’t give him a chance! From the outside he actually was doing well with everton as well, he turned demarai grey into a star for a couple of months… that’s more than any manager was capable of at leicester. If the fans hadn’t been so desperate to make things toxic for him, maybe he would have taken them forward 

Agree with all this.

I'm wondering if the board are now accepting the reality of the situation. He got Newcastle promoted and to 10th in the Premier League on a net spend of under £5 million. Net spend isn't always the greatest stat, but he did rebuild the squad - and the likes of Schar and Almiron are still there.

Wouldn't surprise me if the board said no because he's exactly what they fear. Someone with experience who'll tell Top exactly how s**t they are. 

He also isn't tied to one system. The thing that really worries me about system managers like Marsch is: if you rebuild and it doesn't work, you've got a very one dimensional squad. 

He still lives around Liverpool. So Top going there would make sense. He's also desperate to stay in England to be close to his family.

• Like 1

Honestly Big Sam is the best option until end of the season. He can easily get a quick reaction out of the players, plus it’s risk free he won’t be here next season whatever league we’re in. he’ll want to prove something too after WBA relegation 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

It would be a HUGE u-turn if we don’t appoint Marsch. Absolutely colossal. 

If he doesn’t come, (as expecting an imminent announcement) it means that the club hierarchy have listened to the criticism surrounding him, as well as what the fans have said. No other reason as he was ready to go. 

I'm far from convinced by the idea of Marsch, or many of the others, but it's perfectly possible that he'll work out and I wouldn't be judging him too harshly on whatever happened with the current personnel. There should be some positivity, and understanding that our predicament isn't down to him. But the idea of throwing a three year deal at Marsch when there might still be valid short/long-term alternatives seems very risky. And, while it might be highly unfair, the reality is that there's a lot of skepticism over Marsch, and the potential for fans to be baying for blood before you get to summer - and therefore finding the club in such poisonous waters all over again that you simply have to look elsewhere and pay him off, or face up to a tidal wave of hostility - is massive. It might be a bad time for the people who have made such a mess of our recent affairs to go bombing ahead with an appointment on those terms without making sure they're listening properly to all those warnings out there.

7 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

If he doesn’t come, (as expecting an imminent announcement) it means that the club hierarchy have listened to the criticism surrounding him, as well as what the fans have said. No other reason as he was ready to go. 

They don't listen to the fans at all.

How could they? Where would they get that from so soon, a few Leeds fans who are mental enough to join a Leicester forum to talk about their last manager, a few Leicester fans that somehow have an opinion on Marsch without really knowing what to expect, nutters on twitter.

It they don't actually go for Marsch it's because an earlier option who has said no or signalled no, has otherwise now said yes. So if Rafa said "I'll have it for 8m a year and 3 years" and we've then gone to Marsch, he might have told his people to say "nonononono I'm okay with 5m and 2 years."

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Agreed, there's not a lot of obvious choices out there. I think Rafa stands out as the best candidate with all of his experience, he might not save us but if we go down he's a good manager to have if we want to try and make an immediate return to the PL. He had a really difficult time at Newcastle under Mike Ashley, I think he did a pretty commendable job under the circumstances. He'll get us organised and playing with better tactics. And I'm sure he'd quickly identify the players who shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11, which we have quite a few of.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Telegraph ( Percy) report that he’s holding out for a 3 year contract . I can’t blame them for gibbing at that given that he wouldn’t be cheap either 

What is very clear from this thread is that a lot of people really hate the thought of Marsch, Rafa, Big Sam, Gerrard and Hasselhutel, but also some people think that either Marsch, Rafa, Big Sam, Gerrard or Hasselhutel could be the man to do the job. 

IF the owners are looking to social media and here to decide what the fans reaction is going to be, they'll be more confused than the question of why Amartey plays so many games for us. They'll be a split no matter what the appointment. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Telegraph ( Percy) report that he’s holding out for a 3 year contract . I can’t blame them for gibbing at that given that he wouldn’t be cheap either 

And Dean Smith is the only one who told them he's prepared to take a caretaker role. 

What is worse.

SAS

JM

Smith till seasons end? 

Something else? God knows what?.

I have no idea what route we go down.

27 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

His football is known to be extremely negative and overly structured. He’s also too stubborn to change.

The most important thing long term is to develop a much better style of play. Benitez would be a very poor appointment for this reason.

He also has previous in this situation and was unsuccessful at keeping Newcastle up. 

I wouldn’t say that’s right in the slightest… he’s overly structured and negative when the team needs it to succeed. If you simply analyze newcastle you would see that. In the prem when they simply didn’t have the quality he was negative but because of this achieved a much higher position then that squad should have been getting. But when they went down, was he negative? Not at all, they played great football and cantered to win the league. Why? Because he knew his players were good enough to get away with it. 

If you were evertons boss how would you set up? because i fully understand why he’s been negative. But on the flip side he created one of the most exciting dynamic liverpool sides we’ve ever seen. alonso, gerrard mascharano, torres … that team was wonderful to watch.  

Don’t just assume he’s negative because he’s had to be in his last few roles. Frankly… we probably need to be negative in some of our games, i’d be happy to sh*t house some wins 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I'd much sooner have Rafa in this season... than I would Marsch. Management is complex, but I cannot see anyone in that squad other than Daka, having any respect for him. 

Rafa will command it, and even though he has a sketchy record with falling out with players if they don't do what he asks / has his favourites, right now, this team needs to learn the basics all over again... especially in how to defend as a team

This is exactly my take on it.  Call it snobbery about him being American, but I just can't see this bunch respecting or taking on board anything Marsch says, especially with his high 5 bullshit ... but Rafa's standing throughout the game would surely get a better response.

• Like 1