Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Looks to me like Leeds have fell apart in Jesse Marsch’s absence 

be careful what you wish for dawg

i think it’s more about how ruthless palace have become in 2 games…they could have easily had 6 against us. Roy’s got them going again! 

they actually have only had 11 shots today compared to the 30 against us 😂

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

An entertaining afternoon to make you feel better about the result yesterday. :whistle:

Leeds fans with the ultimate plan. They heard LCFC are scanning twitter for reactions, so Leeds fans publicly begging for Marsch back so we take him, get relegated and Leeds survive :ph34r:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The question is why would Carrick be looking at us?

Could be set for another season in the championship on current form, why wouldn’t you be interested? It’s not like we are down already. 

26 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

When it was first reported I was dead set gainst Burger-and-Fries Brendan but after yesterdays horror show I can't think it will get any worse. Club is in the mud, man.

It will get a lot worse if we appoint the wrong person to undertake the summer rebuild and end up sacking him when we’re in the bottom half of the Championship in October…

• Like 2

Just now, Ricey said:

Smith/Shakespeare until the end of the season or Marsch for 3 years is a no brainer.

We can’t afford to get the next long term appointment wrong.

I mean, Smith is the more experienced and successful manager in this league. And unlike Marsch he has a promotion under his belt in the league below. He might also bring with him a guy who's pulled off a couple of great escapes as coach and manager, who has pre-established relationships with many players, and who could be part of a longer-term management set-up at the club with or without Smith. If Smith is happy with the interim role but Marsch is holding out for longer, then that's a bit fortunate, because the guy who has the better credentials as a long-termer isn't even demanding those terms.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Smith/Shakespeare until the end of the season or Marsch for 3 years is a no brainer.

We can’t afford to get the next long term appointment wrong.

I would seriously go with smith and Shakespeare, that is a good call 

5 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

People don't want Marsch because he didn't do a great job at Leeds, yet want Vieira who didn't do a great job at Palace. We're not going to get a manager that everyone wants because we're not in a position to attract that kind of manager right now. Most recent managerial experience was overseeing a 12 game winless run including 3 games in a row without a shot on target 😂 sounds very Rodgers-esque.

Screenshot_20230409-152317~3.png

Screenshot_20230409-152317~2.png

Vieira has a better record than Marsch

Vieira has had 1.15 ppg compared to Marsch 1.03ppg, scored less at 1.09 per game vs 1.22, but also conceded much less at 1.23 per game vs 1.66, also achieved these over a longer period of time

Marsch took over a 17th place Leeds and masterminded them to a....17th place finish, he was then sacked with them sat in 17th place. 

Vieira in his first season at Palace improved their position (14th to 12th), points (44 to 48), goals scored (41 to 50), goals conceded (66 down to 46) and goal difference (-25 to +4), he also took them to an FA Cup semi final

This season wasn't great but they were still in 12th and had played a horrible fun of fixtures, the 11 games without a win in the league were against the teams currently 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th. Palace's fixtures left after sacking him were 3 games vs top 10 teams and 7 vs bottom 10, including games vs each of the bottom 4. 

Marsch took over a good Leipzig side off the back of a 2nd place finish and a solid Champions League showing (finishing above Utd and level on points with PSG in a tough group) and had them sat in 11th after 14 games and out of the champions league already including a loss to Club Brugge. He lost 6 of those first 14 games, Leipzig went on to finish 4th and only lost 4 of the remaining 20 games. 

I don't see anything worth pursuing in a guy that has failed in both of his 2 most recent jobs and whose only successful seasons where managing a dominant Salzburg team with an abundance of talent playing in a league that they dominate every year regardless of their manager. 

Rightly or wrongly Vieira also is a much more prominent name in world football and would command considerably more respect due to his standing in the game, there is a much higher chance of him coming in and galvanising the players than there is of Marsch, arguably half of the Leicester squad are bigger names in football than him, Vieira immediately comes in as someone bigger than anybody else in the club.

TLDR Vieira has been more successful in the league, was harshly fired by Palace, is more likely to garner respect from the squad and galvanise them and is better at organising a solid team that can defend, something we desperately need

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I mean, Smith is the more experienced and successful manager in this league. And unlike Marsch he has a promotion under his belt in the league below. He might also bring with him a guy who's pulled off a couple of great escapes as coach and manager, who has pre-established relationships with many players, and who could be part of a longer-term management set-up at the club with or without Smith. If Smith is happy with the interim role but Marsch is holding out for longer, then that's a bit fortunate, because the guy who has the better credentials as a long-termer isn't even demanding those terms.

problem is, i’d probably rather have just shakespear. 

Smith was hated by norwich fans. In fairness perhaps he lost the players because they lost so much in the prem and it was hard to pick them back up when they went down but it’s still worrying that we have dropped to that. 

Just now, studentofthegame said:

Vieira has a better record than Marsch

Vieira has had 1.15 ppg compared to Marsch 1.03ppg, scored less at 1.09 per game vs 1.22, but also conceded much less at 1.23 per game vs 1.66, also achieved these over a longer period of time

Marsch took over a 17th place Leeds and masterminded them to a....17th place finish, he was then sacked with them sat in 17th place. 

Vieira in his first season at Palace improved their position (14th to 12th), points (44 to 48), goals scored (41 to 50), goals conceded (66 down to 46) and goal difference (-25 to +4), he also took them to an FA Cup semi final

This season wasn't great but they were still in 12th and had played a horrible fun of fixtures, the 11 games without a win in the league were against the teams currently 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th. Palace's fixtures left after sacking him were 3 games vs top 10 teams and 7 vs bottom 10, including games vs each of the bottom 4. 

Marsch took over a good Leipzig side off the back of a 2nd place finish and a solid Champions League showing (finishing above Utd and level on points with PSG in a tough group) and had them sat in 11th after 14 games and out of the champions league already including a loss to Club Brugge. He lost 6 of those first 14 games, Leipzig went on to finish 4th and only lost 4 of the remaining 20 games. 

I don't see anything worth pursuing in a guy that has failed in both of his 2 most recent jobs and whose only successful seasons where managing a dominant Salzburg team with an abundance of talent playing in a league that they dominate every year regardless of their manager. 

Rightly or wrongly Vieira also is a much more prominent name in world football and would command considerably more respect due to his standing in the game, there is a much higher chance of him coming in and galvanising the players than there is of Marsch, arguably half of the Leicester squad are bigger names in football than him, Vieira immediately comes in as someone bigger than anybody else in the club.

TLDR Vieira has been more successful in the league, was harshly fired by Palace, is more likely to garner respect from the squad and galvanise them and is better at organising a solid team that can defend, something we desperately need

So Marsch loves 17th place, we could do with that finish right now 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

problem is, i’d probably rather have just shakespear. 

Smith was hated by norwich fans. In fairness perhaps he lost the players because they lost so much in the prem and it was hard to pick them back up when they went down but it’s still worrying that we have dropped to that. 

Well, there's a fair argument for Just Shakespeare. Better knowledge of / relationships with players. Has pulled off escapes, including as manager. Very useful long-term. Unlikely to demand a long-term managerial role. Cheap. Available. Able to hit the ground running and bring in fresh ideas. It's not a terrible call, especially of SaS remain a serious possibility.

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes been told all done now, best of luck to him.

Let's back him.

Despite not being someone I would have wanted he will get my full backing. I’m not expecting us to survive anyway and should be given the time even with relegation 

• Like 1