Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

Kieran mcKenna would be another great shout. One of the best coaches around too apparently 

Seen this shout a lot... but I have family who are Ipswich fans, who let me know that McKenna's coach he looks up to for inspiration is... yep... Rodgers. 

It seems like the club have a decision, stick with Sadler and Stowell and, after apparently throwing the towel in on staying up, get someone in the summer to rebuild in the Championship. 

or we go with Marsch.  

Personally I would go with Marsch although I think the best we can hope for at Man City is to be competitive. He needs to come in asap, get a grip on the situation and attempt to sort things out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Livid said:

It seems like the club have a decision, stick with Sadler and Stowell and, after apparently throwing the towel in on staying up, get someone in the summer to rebuild in the Championship. 

or we go with Marsch.  

Personally I would go with Marsch although I think the best we can hope for at Man City is to be competitive. He needs to come in asap, get a grip on the situation and attempt to sort things out. 

We should only go with Marsch if there is a clause that we can sack him for nothing at the end if the season.

Edited by ClaphamFox

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Playing Man City for your first match is a bit crap 

it’s honestly the worst case scenario, but our board don’t think about things like this. 

We should have been busting a gut to hire someone before bournemouth… I can guarantee we could have got jessie in by then if we’d wanted it. Just sums us up. Slow in the windows, slow in sacking… just slow in everything. We seem to just think something perfect will always just fall into our laps. 

we will be the only club in the league to not get a new manager bounce now. We will just have a much improved performance in a 2-0 loss to man city 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s honestly the worst case scenario, but our board don’t think about things like this. 

We should have been busting a gut to hire someone before bournemouth… I can guarantee we could have got jessie in by then if we’d wanted it. Just sums us up. Slow in the windows, slow in sacking… just slow in everything. We seem to just think something perfect will always just fall into our laps. 

We clearly didn’t want it and still apparently don’t.

If we went down I think we would honestly boss the championship. We have elite training facilities and players with premier league experience, if they can adapt to gegenpressing as a unit I really can’t see championship players being able to handle the intensity we would be playing at. It’s a lot deeper than this but that’s summarised. 

Would also open up the door for us to go in for young players in Europe and give them a season in a lower league competition to bed in before building them into the premier league. Basically just sign most of Salzburgs players and Leipzig rejects thanks 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

If we went down I think we would honestly boss the championship. We have elite training facilities and players with premier league experience, if they can adapt to gegenpressing as a unit I really can’t see championship players being able to handle the intensity we would be playing at. It’s a lot deeper than this but that’s summarised. 

Would also open up the door for us to go in for young players in Europe and give them a season in a lower league competition to bed in before building them into the premier league. Basically just sign most of Salzburgs players and Leipzig rejects thanks 

I think we will still have a solid core for the championship, I’m not going with those that feel we will struggle there too 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think we will still have a solid core for the championship, I’m not going with those that feel we will struggle there too 

And also it gives us a real opportunity to give Justin/Braybrooke/Alves a really good run. 
I think we will have enough quality if we went down to win ugly whilst we are trying to learn such a complex system. Who knows IF we go down and come up we could have some amazing young talents ready to go! Marsch loves playing youth players. 

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Just wish we were decisive about something for once. We can’t even appoint a sh*t manager without fvcking about for a week or so. 

Let’s be fair - I’m quite happy with them being indecisive when it comes to giving Marsch a 2 or 3 year contract.

I also wonder if Rodgers ‘sudden’ departure was instigated by Rodgers himself rather than the board 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, sishades said:

The same players who are out of contract in a few weeks time?

We have loads of players that will be good enough for the championship if we go down and don’t sell them all. Justin/Pereira/Praet/Daka, Christ even Amartey would be fine at that level, Iversen, Kristiansen, young players like Alves and Braybrooke. We will have plenty of options, can’t see Pereira staying but I could see a Praet sticking around if the manager promises him game time. 

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

How easy is it to get euro players into the championship now ??

suspect we would look to loan in a few youngsters from big six PL clubs 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

Vieira has a better record than Marsch

Vieira has had 1.15 ppg compared to Marsch 1.03ppg, scored less at 1.09 per game vs 1.22, but also conceded much less at 1.23 per game vs 1.66, also achieved these over a longer period of time

Marsch took over a 17th place Leeds and masterminded them to a....17th place finish, he was then sacked with them sat in 17th place. 

Vieira in his first season at Palace improved their position (14th to 12th), points (44 to 48), goals scored (41 to 50), goals conceded (66 down to 46) and goal difference (-25 to +4), he also took them to an FA Cup semi final

This season wasn't great but they were still in 12th and had played a horrible fun of fixtures, the 11 games without a win in the league were against the teams currently 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th. Palace's fixtures left after sacking him were 3 games vs top 10 teams and 7 vs bottom 10, including games vs each of the bottom 4. 

Marsch took over a good Leipzig side off the back of a 2nd place finish and a solid Champions League showing (finishing above Utd and level on points with PSG in a tough group) and had them sat in 11th after 14 games and out of the champions league already including a loss to Club Brugge. He lost 6 of those first 14 games, Leipzig went on to finish 4th and only lost 4 of the remaining 20 games. 

I don't see anything worth pursuing in a guy that has failed in both of his 2 most recent jobs and whose only successful seasons where managing a dominant Salzburg team with an abundance of talent playing in a league that they dominate every year regardless of their manager. 

Rightly or wrongly Vieira also is a much more prominent name in world football and would command considerably more respect due to his standing in the game, there is a much higher chance of him coming in and galvanising the players than there is of Marsch, arguably half of the Leicester squad are bigger names in football than him, Vieira immediately comes in as someone bigger than anybody else in the club.

TLDR Vieira has been more successful in the league, was harshly fired by Palace, is more likely to garner respect from the squad and galvanise them and is better at organising a solid team that can defend, something we desperately need

Spot on 👌

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Let’s be fair - I’m quite happy with them being indecisive when it comes to giving Marsch a 2 or 3 year contract.

I also wonder if Rodgers ‘sudden’ departure was instigated by Rodgers himself rather than the board 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is possible, I suppose. 

We do need to get this next appt correct. For our future and the need to rebuild from almost a new team. Let’s hope this time we can get wingers!

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

How easy is it to get euro players into the championship now ??

suspect we would look to loan in a few youngsters from big six PL clubs 

Do you mean from the perspective of work permits from Brexit? Actually you make a really solid point there and I have to say I’m not sure. Especially if those players are coming from teams like Salzburg? Hmm maybe someone else has more info about this.