Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Don't you just love the modern game. We used to call this winning the ball back within five seconds. Teams did this even in Sunday League football in the 1970's. Modern Coaches, should be doing cabaret.     

Gegenpressing is German for winning the ball back within 5 seconds dawg 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Dean Smith was loathed at Norwich and Villa fans had had enough long before he was sacked. 

No logic to that potential appointment either.

Not all villa fans, people I know didn’t want him gone.

Just now, l444ry said:

Counter Pressing actually. The point still stands. 

Right, and what does counter pressing mean? I'm not sure the point does stand or even what it actually is. Why is it better to say "winning the ball back within five seconds" than using one word for it? Incidentally, I heard someone today ordering a "cappuccino" - back in my day we'd call it a coffee drink typically composed of a single espresso shot and hot milk, with the surface topped with foamed milk. Simpler times.

Doesn't seem like we're looking far and wide and onsidering all options, seems like our approach is really quite lazy, tbh, I'd even consider offering Claude another go, I think although we didn't realise it at the time, he made progress here 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Right, and what does counter pressing mean? I'm not sure the point does stand or even what it actually is. Why is it better to say "winning the ball back within five seconds" than using one word for it? Incidentally, I heard someone today ordering a "cappuccino" - back in my day we'd call it a coffee drink typically composed of a single espresso shot and hot milk, with the surface topped with foamed milk. Simpler times.

You have a fair point. My comment is tongue in cheek in that modern football coaching gives titles to virtually everything as if football only started with coaching badges,

• Like 1