Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest glasgowfox

Joking aside anybody will do rather than what we have just now.  Long term appointment is a waste of time imo.  I would rather have big Sam for 8 games and give him 5 million if we stay up.  The sides being picked by the caretakers are bizarre and clueless. Would rather go down with a fight than a load of tosh we are seeing.   We need to know which division we are in before choosing a permanent manager.  BTW I wanted rodgers out prior to the world cup.  To dismiss him when they did is stupid and gives any new manager little chance of saving us.....would love to say believe, but hope is more appropriate 

42 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I take it the club are having second thoughts on Marsch?

Well you saw how they were dithering over the sacking of the former manager, so why should recruiting a new manager be any different? 

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It probably does have to be an out of work coach because very few managers will jump ship 10 games from the end of the season - especially decent ones where their clubs have something to play for.

This is probably why West Ham have stuck with Moyes - because there’s bugger all to replace him with right now.

I expect our board were of the same thinking until - what I expect happened - Rodgers forced their hand.

I think just looking myself there's lots of different options, I just don't think our club can be arsed, I think they expect all candidates to come running to them. I'm guessing of course, but it's what it seems, I don't thing top wants to pay either, that's why we won't consider anyone in a job

4 minutes ago, Patrick said:

The plane is scheduled to fly back to Biggin Hill this evening

Opera Snapshot_2023-04-09_180307_www.flightradar24.com.png

Two planes over from Thailand this time, brother has obviously come too. Likely he’s taken a few friends out to the game today and then back to London. Nothing to see here 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Wow. 
With that record what else has he done in his career as a manager? 

I am just thankful what he's done for us and just making the point that he doesn't need to be disrespected by one of this club's supporters. 

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Where has the info come from for people to be backing Frank Haise or is it just bookies manipulating prices to get some fomo betting? 

2nd with Lens is massively exciting but why would he leave a club he’s comfortable at, having basically achieved European competition places to come to Leicester and end up in the championship?

I think we’ve been caught up in the “everything is sh!t at LCFC”, it’s still an attractive proposition for a young manager at a club abroad, knowing that it’s a shot at the Prem

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Two planes over from Thailand this time, brother has obviously come too. Likely he’s taken a few friends out to the game today and then back to London. Nothing to see here 

How u know it them. It can be anyone flying there and back.. 

43 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’m thankful for what he’s done for the club but he isn’t a manager. 

I agree totally, and I don't think you were disrespectful. It's not whether he's the better manager though, it's whether he's more likely to make a quick impact, while at the same time being less likely to bind us to a financial commitment that we soon need to extricate ourselves from. It could be a lot cheaper, no less likely to succeed, and still allow us to make the right permanent appointment for our circumstances in the summer. If I saw Marsch, Benitez and Shakespeare all joining sides neck and neck in a relegation race, I wouldn't be so sure that CS would embarrass himself in a sprint. There's a chance that the club are currently torn between sticking with two caretakers who look out of their depth, and a more expensive long-term commitment which they're not sure they want. For me, bolstering our current coaching options with someone who can hit the ground running, who has survival pedigree as boss and coach, and who might be a useful cross-regime Assistant (as before) is one of the better of the conservative options.

6 minutes ago, Mendi said:

How u know it them. It can be anyone flying there and back.. 

there was a fair number of important guests at the game yesterday 

I expect they came over on the second plane then 

and it would seem that they may have gone to the liverpool game today 

6 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Feel sorry for Sadler and Stowell. They seem to be getting quite a lot of flack on social media, but it isn’t their fault that we are in this predicament. This almost feels like an impossible job, and when you couple that with the fact that neither have the managerial experience, it makes for a difficult situation.

...wasn't it previously Stowell and Powell who oversaw the role in an interim period!!!

Stowell had a 8 match no losses record but alongside Sadler they have lost two games playing a passive uncohesive style of play.

With Sadler taking the lead in all aspects it seems,  Stowell is getting tainted with the same brush.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

im also against selecting coaches and players on the basis of social media responses - on that basis we’d never have won the league 

Club was talked out of appointing Warnock by fans representatives and responses to the Mercury and went for Holloway instead. I also seem to remember us having Mike Walker in the stands ready to sign a deal when O'Neill was sacked by Norwich. Went down like a cup of cold sick with the anti-Forest element.

That said, if they have a better option than Marsch, take an extra day.