Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Did I read somewhere that Hutter has been reported as saying he wants the job? 

Also with man city next is it possible that they may consider it a reasonable risk to hold on, cooper looks to be on his way out and the thinking could be hold on, he could be another option, especially for next season if we do go down.

...with the influx which came in to Forest,  you would think Cooper would have got a team out of them!!!

Not sure why he is struggling as there were players going to them in the winter than I was disappointed we did not pickup.

Players were brought in by his club over his head, it is strange that he cannot get anything out of them and also he put up with the antics of his Chairman.

Just now, fox_favourite said:

IMG_4964.png

This is the  only  book open for betting and that's a tin pot firm with the book not running at a true 14% take market the others do. Most odds there are way shorter than would be with bigger firms. Don't take any notice of this market it does not show anything like a true reflection .

Guest bennytwohats

The longer we delay the harder it’s going to be for the new fella to have the right impact. It’s really frustrating we are in this situation. Was hoping Marsch was going to be in and running training tomorrow if we are going that route.

The new name would have to be a big improvement on the other names mentioned imo for us to justify pissing around here.

2 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

EBA92D41-5749-47CC-A011-33CCA0F8863A.thumb.jpeg.38eee5767872b7da96f6c6f5effdfbd4.jpeg

some of the names further down the list stand out, didn’t Duncan Ferguson keep Everton up one season? I’m sure he’d scare the players into winning games 😂

wow, he’s currently failing to avoid relegation for forest green 😂

The way football is,  most managers will fail.  Was MON our last manager to choose to leave?

Picking a new manager is a minefield.   Whoever comes in will be sacked within three years/months/weeks/days/seconds.

Most potential managers are failed managers.  Unless they have no experience.   Any up and coming, previously unsacked, managers would be a risk risking a lot to come to us. 

Anyone linked to us will be a poor appointment in the opinion of some.  Of the recently sacked managers, Vieira, March and Potter have failed the least.   Benitez has successfully not failed at some clubs.

Premier League winning Ranieri and FA Cup winning Rodgers failed at Leicester.

I have nothing constructive to say. I am Foxes Talk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, majaco said:

The way football is,  most managers will fail.  Was MON our last manager to choose to leave?

Picking a new manager is a minefield.   Whoever comes in will be sacked within three years/months/weeks/days/seconds.

Most potential managers are failed managers.  Unless they have no experience.   Any up and coming, previously unsacked, managers would be a risk risking a lot to come to us. 

Anyone linked to us will be a poor appointment in the opinion of some.  Of the recently sacked managers, Vieira, March and Potter have failed the least.   Benitez has successfully not failed at some clubs.

Mark Mcgee

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

Gary megson left us for Bolton?

7 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Why the lack of interviews in English then?

If we had a manager like that I’d feel hugely disconnected from him. 

Because he was quite cute really. Our media jump on every answer and analyse to the endth degree and judge you for it whether English is your first language or not, with an interpreter he gained thinking time and gained considered answers. 

If you knew anyone local to where he lived you'd find that he passed the day with them quite easily and was very down to earth, hence he was very popular with ordinary people. His players too could understand him very adequately. Your viewpoint of him not being able to converse in English is borne out of lack of knowledge and misjudgement. There's a reason why managers like Guardiola hold him in high regard. He inherited a cheaply put together Leeds United side compared with their competitors at the time and not only got them promoted,  but got them playing some good entertaining stuff albeit it it went downhill at the very end when arguably there were mitigating circumstances. I can fully understand why Leeds supporters revere him and I don't even like Leeds! Arguably with Rodgers we got the reverse. A man who inherited a very good squad in relation to his competitors and gradually ran them down. He was however very media savvy and continues to be so. 

• Like 1

What's been happening? I have been out the loop all day. 

Rumours that the owners are having second thoughts on Jesse due to the negative reaction by most? 

I'm happy with that in one way if true, as I don't want Jesse, but also WTF?! What is the board doing? Such a mess. 

Marsch is definitely not the answer. The board have left it too late to get an interim man in, so must either stay with the current set up or give someone a long contract.

What makes the decision more difficult, is although we are really poor, we are not adrift and still have games against those around us. If we were already down, it would be more simple. Keep the current pair until the end of the season, then try and get a hungry young  manager with new ideas and a bit of imagination. If Burnley can do it ,why can't we ? They also rebuilt their squad, bringing in 20 new players. 

I think someone like Cambiasso would be worth a punt,and would be welcomed by the fans.

I know Vardy had issues with him, but that was 8 years ago, and would be largely irrelevant anyway, by now.

Not sure the board would go down that route though