Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, Manini said:

Would be an incredibly quick turn of events wouldn’t it? Not saying there necessarily has but it wouldn’t surprise you if comms from us/Chelsea had been had today and it’s just advanced everything on a little bit (assuming Potter does end up as our new manager which I think he probably will now). 

What would be the incentive for Chelsea to speed things up for him to come to us? The only scenario that would make any sense from their perspective is if they wanted to grab Rodgers, but I can’t see that being the case

Potter absolutely won't come now - he'd be crazy if he did. His stock was stupidly high (and probably deservedly so) at Brighton, and that's been tarnished by what's happened at Chelsea - adding the relegation of LCFC to his CV on top of that is not a great look.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

What's happening at Brighton now shows that it was much more than good management that got them where they are. I couldn't see Potter coming here and giving our players the stomach for a dogfight.

We need someone to come in and drag these players, kicking and screaming, through these 10 or so games. Tuchel, Conte, Klopp characters, fire in the belly.

After that, we build.

Plenty of them around

Just now, Jabbaranks said:

Potter absolutely won't come now - he'd be crazy if he did. His stock was stupidly high (and probably deservedly so) at Brighton, and that's been tarnished by what's happened at Chelsea - adding the relegation of LCFC to his CV on top of that is not a great look.

And bringing us back up wouldn't?

No brainer really to go all out to get Potter. He plays a similar style to Brendan did albeit with more directness. If you look at his spell at Brighton, they were a goalscorer away from European football. Same as Chelsea if you watch their games under him they have created endless chances but been unable to score.

He is also flexible formation wise which couldn't be said for Rodgers. He will likely go the 3-5-2 and get Nacho and Vardy playing well together, get Cags back in the fold as the 3rd centre back. 

It's just if he wants to jump straight back in to a dogfight when he could put his feet up until the summer and see what offers come his way. If we manage to stay up with the caretakers in charge, all of a sudden we're much less of a gamble for him. But he is the best long term option, and if we can get him in charge for next Saturday then get it done, don't **** about assessing options, we haven't got time for indecision after wasting the international break when we should have binned him. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

What would be the incentive for Chelsea to speed things up for him to come to us? The only scenario that would make any sense from their perspective is if they wanted to grab Rodgers, but I can’t see that being the case

They can go and talk to Nagelsmaan freely and officially approach him with something and they don’t have to pay potter any severance. 

Edited by Manini

Just now, TK95 said:

And bringing us back up wouldn't?

Not really because it wouldn't be on his CV after 10 games.

Now we have sacked BR we will not be relegated I can see us being comfortable now win 5 of the next 10 games drawing 2 losing 3 we will be fine 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jabbaranks said:

With new manager bounce and our squad quality we should stay up comfortably 

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Manini said:

They can go and talk to Nagelsmaan freely and officially approach him with something and they don’t have to pay potter any severance. 

They’ve sacked Potter, so whether he comes to us or not won’t impact his severance

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

They’ve sacked Potter, so whether he comes to us or not won’t impact his severance

That sounds like gardening leave to me. I’d imagine that would stop if he gets another job. Who knows, I’m speculating obviously. I just don’t think it would surprise me if Leicester and Chelsea have been on the blower to each other at some point today. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Not really because it wouldn't be on his CV after 10 games.

Now we have sacked BR we will not be relegated I can see us being comfortable now win 5 of the next 10 games drawing 2 losing 3 we will be fine 

I want what you’re having!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

I want what you’re having!!

People need to relax a good result on Tuesday everyone will calm down a bit.

Its so tight even still we could finish 13th Maybe even higher.

It's not impossible 

19 minutes ago, Manini said:

Would be an incredibly quick turn of events wouldn’t it? Not saying there necessarily has but it wouldn’t surprise you if comms from us/Chelsea had been had today and it’s just advanced everything on a little bit (assuming Potter does end up as our new manager which I think he probably will now). 

This is kind of how things get done in the world. Brendan leaving by 'mutual consent'. Potter sacked at the same time. Wouldn't shock me at all if Potter is in place by tomorrow.

I'd want Frank from that list, i'm not sold on Potter personally, great job at brighten but massively improved in style of play since he left, flopped at Chelsea.
Honestly, I have a really funny feeling about Hasenhuttl, I very much rate him. Did wonders with absolutely no backing at Southampton, how he kept them up is beyond me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jabbaranks said:

Agree

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

This is kind of how things get done in the world. Brendan leaving by 'mutual consent'. Potter sacked at the same time. Wouldn't shock me at all if Potter is in place by tomorrow.

Couldn’t agree more - would be an absolutely amazing coincidence- we have liked him for a long time and bang he is available on same day we give bodgers the boot - can only speculate but got to be something in that 

Guest bennytwohats
6 minutes ago, Manini said:

That sounds like gardening leave to me. I’d imagine that would stop if he gets another job. Who knows, I’m speculating obviously. I just don’t think it would surprise me if Leicester and Chelsea have been on the blower to each other at some point today. 

Oh fair enough. Didn’t realise that was an option but you might be right. I don’t fully understand what Ornstein's first sentence is getting at.

in any case I hope it falls into place as I’d feel significantly more optimistic with Potter than some of the other names floating around!

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Did you only read the part you highlighted, and not the word directly after?

Yeah i was sarcastically pointing out there are plenty of those characters around.

I didnt think you meant the actual conte/tuchel/klopp!!:surrender: