Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just going to end up being Sadler and Stowell until the end of the season isn't it?

If that is what we end up having to go with the club need to get on with finding someone for a massive rebuild next season in the Championship who can join as soon as the season ends

Smart thinking TBF, if these two donuts have the gig we won’t be needing to worry about paying goalscoring, clean sheet or win bonuses for the rest of the season.

Guest Mee-9

I used to live literally down the road from the Seagrave Training Ground. 

I'd have done it for 50p an hour, a set of golf clubs, a few Benadryl (as my hayfever flairs up and i'd probably have to wear Edgar Davids style glasses during training) and a 6 month rent of a Mini Cooper. 

However it'd have been a nightmare to cross the A46, and Soyuncu would probably have knocked me out when he saw how inappropriately cut around the crotch area my gym shorts are.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just going to end up being Sadler and Stowell until the end of the season isn't it?

If that is what we end up having to go with the club need to get on with finding someone for a massive rebuild next season in the Championship who can join as soon as the season ends

A few interesting managers in the play-off mix if we drop tbh and most of them I'd take. JDT, Edwards, Rowett, Carrick. Don't think Rowett's football is particularly exciting and he was underwhelming at Stoke but he clearly knows the score at that level, Edwards is a bit green but has something.

An appointment like that and I'd be going into next season with genuine optimism, even if it was in the second tier.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Dorsett’s been told to peddle this out to try and save some face within the club. 

To be fair, it's probably somewhere in the middle. Our board weren't sure about Marsch, so silly dallied. Marsch wants a long term contract and we aren't prepared to commit to that.

If we're not invested in the coach we're hiring, they're going to feel the same way right back.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

Yep Madders as Player manager. Anyone new could need few games to get used to club , tactics etc next you know we got 4 games left.  Least madders got the inside track.  I get it , it's whacky time,  thats what happens when we had a Brendan in for too long.  

Do we reckon he’d leak his own line ups if this happened?

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t be against someone like Smith or Shakespeare just for the final 9 games as long as it’s guaranteed they don’t get the job afterwards.

There’s been plenty of crap managers who’ve been great when they first go into a club simply by being a new voice. That can be often be enough for the short term kick we need.

Either for 9 games are a far superior option than Marsch for 3.5 years. 

It’s going to be way easier to get someone in the summer than now, regardless of which division we’re in.

What if they win 5 out of 8, though? Extremely unlikely I know but if it did occur, or something similar, the owners would probably give them the job.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Got all confused today. 

Saw thousands of people walking through the city centre chanting, ‘He has risen! He will walk again amongst the Gods.’ Carrying crosses and everything.

Checked Foxestalk to see if Nigel Pearson had been hired again. Disappointed.

I reckon it will be Hassenhutl or Smith till the end of the season. See where we are at the end of the season. I think we’re down. Should of got Hutter in after the Brentford game. International break and 2 weeks to work with the players. Too late now. 
Would go for Robins when relegation is confirmed. 

• Like 2

At a time we are screaming out for some ****ing football management, we are still rudderless. What the hell are we doing? Are the board really that braindead? Gone from one of the best run clubs to probably the worst. Absolutely abysmal.

48 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

The shortlist is going to be very short. 

19th position, 8 games (3 of which are against Manchester City, Liverpool and Newcastle) to save the season or have relegation on your CV.

Total squad rebuild required with probably little or no money in real terms to spend in the summer

It is a big risk for a lot of candidates to take us on at this stage.

TBF though, the other 5 are H Wolves, Everton, West Ham, A Leeds, Fulham.  Awful week but still doable just.

Beat Wolves & we might have some momentum & if so 4 wins might do it.

A point or two this week would have been invaluable, yesterday was a selection car crash & that passed over to the team

• Like 2

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

At a time we are screaming out for some ****ing football management, we are still rudderless. What the hell are we doing? Are the board really that braindead? Gone from one of the best run clubs to probably the worst. Absolutely abysmal.

Rudders is still here isn't he?

7 minutes ago, Saladin said:

This is a new low if he really has rejected us. 

My guess is we didn’t want to guarantee anything after this season to him. Smart of the club if they have someone lined up to finish the season and save us. I bet they don’t…