Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

70m in 4 years. Gegenpress football that was reletively solid for the squad they had. Solid eye for a player, and obviously knows glover. The 9-0 results were obviously shocking but plenty of teams have been unexpectedly hammered such as Liverpool getting 7 put past them. Overall given the restrictions he had I think his job was very impressive. 
For comparison Brentford have spent about 90m in 2 seasons. 
Brighton have spent 125m in 2 seasons.

He signed 6 players for a transfer fee in 4 years. 

Sorry but your figures are hideously wrong in terms of players paid for and amount spent under him (they signed 8 players for fees during the 22/23 summer window alone). He achieved absolutely nothing with them really, consistent bottom half finishes. Hasn't left them in a better position from when he came in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

There has been no planning gone into this whatsoever which is staggering.

None. Zero 

Its absolutely astounding 

Brendan telling them everything would be ok  ( with his fingers crossed behind his back  )   was clearly all they had. 

Hope as a tactic. Unbelievable 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Does he have any staff?  Does he have any tactics?  and I think he’s taking /taken a job in spain 

Probably yes to both your first two questions then. Bugger if he has. I quite like Gollum. Andy Serkis could fill in I guess. 

Or we just buckle up and go with Adolf. Bit of Wagner for goal music. Probably never be heard. Start off every game at break neck speed and then, by the end, capitulate in ruins. 

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

70m in 4 years. Gegenpress football that was reletively solid for the squad they had. Solid eye for a player, and obviously knows glover. The 9-0 results were obviously shocking but plenty of teams have been unexpectedly hammered such as Liverpool getting 7 put past them. Overall given the restrictions he had I think his job was very impressive. 
For comparison Brentford have spent about 90m in 2 seasons. 
Brighton have spent 125m in 2 seasons.

He signed 6 players for a transfer fee in 4 years. 

Definitely signed more players and spent more than that

Pretty sure it is closer to about £200m that was spent on players in his time at Southampton

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Marsch was apparently unhappy with the 'Championship Strategy' .....roughly translated, 500k transfer kitty and expected to build a side around Danny Drinkwater.

Marsch’s agent has played an absolute blinder in persuading everybody that his client chose to walk away because he wasn’t convinced by our ‘Championship strategy’…

Edited by ClaphamFox

29 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm just thankfull that it's now turning laughable

We don't do anything by halves, never have, never will.

But still....fvck off Rodgers

We don't need you we've got soyuncu his cocks fecking massive.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Sorry but your figures are hideously wrong in terms of players paid for and amount spent under him (they signed 8 players for fees during the 22/23 summer window alone). He achieved absolutely nothing with them really, consistent bottom half finishes. Hasn't left them in a better position from when he came in.

cityfanlee; cause of death – being absolutely bodied on FT on a Sunday night

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I’d need to double check then, I was looking at his players purchased on Transfermarkt. They made signings at the end of January didn’t they? He left in 2022 early in the season so I’ll check when I get on my pc again. If Transfermarkt is wrong then I’ve obviously had a mare here. I know they signed young players in January. 

Mail and Sky reporting we rejected Marsch and Telegraph claiming Marsch turned us down, interesting.

Just looks like PR from Marsch's team to me.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I’d need to double check then, I was looking at his players purchased on Transfermarkt. They made signings at the end of January didn’t they? He left in 2022 early in the season so I’ll check when I get on my pc again. If Transfermarkt is wrong then I’ve obviously had a mare here. I know they signed young players in January. 

I used Transfermarkt to double check, they almost spent the amount you referenced during his first summer on Ings, Adams and Djenepo. 

Waiting this late to boot Rodgers and then being forced to have Larry and Curly as interim managers at the most critical part of the season was daft. Then desperately trying to scramble for someone who was going to take Leeds down and who Southampton didn't really trust, before realising he was shit and wasting another week was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Now Larry and Curly are dropping out because they were obviously banking on us hiring that ****wit, and they're too terrified to go up against Man City because they know we'll get humiliated and they don't know what they're doing. So we're going to be reduced to having the PE teacher look even more out of his depth on the sidelines instead. Having zero continuity with the man in charge is going to instill a lot of confidence in the players as we get thrashed next weekend isn't it?

At this point I'm not sure how ridiculous it can get.

41 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Telegraph reporting that Sadler and Stowell have rejected  being in charge for the Man City game. 

I read this and assumed you were having a laugh?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I used Transfermarkt to double check, they almost spent the amount you referenced during his first summer on Ings, Adams and Djenepo. 

I checked the transfers page for Ralph specifically when I was looking at his entire history. He didn’t sign ings did he? I thought he was there on loan when he arrived with a buy obligation? 

1 hour ago, Cropwellfox said:

State of the poll by the way, shows us how far we have fallen, forget those names and let’s go for something a bit more realistic

Dean Smith

Sam Allardyce 

Steve Bruce

The lad in J3 who knows exactly what to do

Willie Kirk

SAS 

"The lad in J3 who knows exactly what to do" 

Im a lad I sit in J3 and I do know exactly what to do 

I accept the job thank you

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I checked the transfers page for Ralph specifically when I was looking at his entire history. He didn’t sign ings did he? I thought he was there on loan when he arrived with a buy obligation? 

Might be right on Ings actually but even without Ings he spent a fair bit and paid to bring in a decent number of players. I just searched for the incomings at Southampton for each season. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1