Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Some options are a problem depending on their severance arrangements from their previous jobs

eg). Smith is happy to take the job till the end of the season. That tells me he came to an arrangement with Norwich where he took a sum in full and final settlement of his remaining contract 

Marsch may well still be getting paid some monies by Leeds until he takes a new job. Hence he wants a longer term deal because as soon as he takes a job he loses any more dosh from Leeds.   As nuts as it sounds, Rafa may still take a monthly pay cheque from Everton. 

• Like 1

MON to end of season. Pearson after that. Don't understand the Pearson haters on here, if you give him control of the project he will move it all back in the right direction and we might actually have a fully fit squad for a change. Bristol City have done exactly that and they are moving in the right direction under Pearson. Surely we can offer him more than Bristol City (no disrespect intended to them at all).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

How long has been out the game now though, don't doubt he'd bring a bit of passion because of his connection to the club and the fans

That's what we are lacking though, he would add that and then could probably sort the team out or at least get them playing.

Maybe the plan was for BR to stay until end of season but perhaps there was a huge row, tempers were lost and BR walked out. Maybe that's why everything looks like panic stations. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. These things can happen in a place of work.

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Will look 73 if he’s in charge for Man City

Yeah S and S are probably thinking hurry up Top and get someone in for next Saturday. Let us get back to sitting on the bench and kicking some balls at the keeper and carrying drinks around. 

If it is O’Neill and Keane, I would be concerned that Keane has been given some sort of promise that he will take over in the summer and that frightens the life out of me, especially given the rebuild required. 

just another thought, highly likely after todays championship games that Bristol City will be safe from relegation but also likely that the play offs will be out of sight, could we take Pearson to try and keep us up with Shakey as assistant and charge them with working alongside Glover to rebuild regardless of the division we find ourselves in. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some options are a problem depending on their severance arrangements from their previous jobs

eg). Smith is happy to take the job till the end of the season. That tells me he came to an arrangement with Norwich where he took a sum in full and final settlement of his remaining contract 

Marsch may well still be getting paid some monies by Leeds until he takes a new job. Hence he wants a longer term deal because as soon as he takes a job he loses any more dosh from Leeds.   As nuts as it sounds, Rafa may still take a monthly pay cheque from Everton. 

What i was thinking and makes in the in season managerial merry go round a bit more complex. Those sacked this season will likely balance an interim appointment with their severance payments and i imagine Marsch and Potter in particular will want long term deals. Will be interesting to see what Potter does next as i think he still had 4 years on his deal with Chelsea. 

This be funny if it didn’t look like we’re going down without any real fight. 

The board can’t be trusted and if we’re left with Dean f@cking Smith then we’re down he is as incompetent as BR. 

And if you listen to some of our fans then we may as well forfeit. As an example, MON is an insane suggestion - hasn’t been in the game for years and he’ll have mellowed and not the fire brand motivator 20 years ago- it’s a never ending nightmare of bull sh@t to be honest. 

The board literally are a shambles and now leaving it this late with the likes of JM turning us down we look like a poisoned chalice. We should have been getting the likes of Dyche earlier as they do organise and motivate teams which is what we need but yet again it’s too late and I wouldn’t care what those stupid sneering fan’s thought he’d of kept us up. 

The only short term appointment has to be Rafa but I can imagine we don’t have ANY option of anyone short term (who isn’t useless) as they all want big contracts but our pants are down without any choice because we’re run by buffoons. They’ll be paying out more money for the toad’s severance a big chunk for the guy that will take us down while trying to balance the books on parachute payments, genius. 

It's looking like nearly all of the managers with pl experience aren't interested in the job with our terms.

Are there any lower division managers that would suit?

Someone young and hungry for success, has the tactical nous and player recruitment skills we require.

Let's do all we can to get them in.

No good relying on the old school.

1 minute ago, Ely fox said:

Yeah S and S are probably thinking hurry up Top and get someone in for next Saturday. Let us get back to sitting on the bench and kicking some balls at the keeper and carrying drinks around. 

These 2 need completely removing from the staff when a new Manager comes in. They have been fully hoodwinked by BRs tactics and are continuing with the same sort of style. 

I've said numerous times, I don't mind losing matches, what I do mind is doing so without trying or showing any effort at winning. That was the reason I wanted Brendan out and if I didn't know Brendan had left I wouldn't be able to tell from the football being played. To me that's very telling on the ability of the interim managers to make an impact. 

We need someone (anyone) in ASAP. 

• Like 4

There is never going to be consensus around one managerial name - let’s be honest.

the board has got to get its head out of its arse, identify a name and go and appoint them. I would lean to Rafa at the moment given the names available but we can’t afford to drift for the last remaining games and go down with a whimper.

Edited by JimmyC74

Let's get Roy Keane.

Yes, we'll be relegated with him, but that's going to happen anyway.

At least Keane will give the players the hairdryer treatment and tell them what a bunch of useless tossers they are. He'll make them earn their £100k a week for a few weeks. 

• Like 2

what gets me about this is that surely the board could see that we were on a downward trajectory for ages, and that even if they didn't plan on sacking Rodgers today yesterday tomorrow, it was a likely scenario all the same.

how have they not lined up potential replacement(s) ?