Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Potter is a builder, not a fire fighter. I’d worry about that as a short term appointment.

Relegation or stay up, we need someone who can do a rebuild.

I think the owners at Chelsea are bonkers in their buying policy. Potter must have been pulling his hair out at their interference.

• Like 1

Just now, foxinsox said:

Relegation or stay up, we need someone who can do a rebuild.

I think the owners at Chelsea are bonkers in their buying policy. Potter must have been pulling his hair out at their interference.

I agree

Everyone seems to be forgetting that we have 8 players out of contract and a likely Maddison sale in the summer.

Whoever comes in will take control of a massive rebuild, whether that's in the PL or the Championship. 

While the panic is obviously on our position and the hope to avoid relegation, it might be more prudent to get in a manager who would be good at building a new project. Worry about the long term, not the short term.

Here's what I know. 

Potter wasn't in contention, but the sacking of BR made Chelsea decision as another contender now in the market. 

Potter won't short term, it'll be a 2 year+ contract. 

Rafa will and is on the 3 original shortlist along with MON and another. 

Rafa will do championship if we go down. MON won't. Neither will the other on shortlist. 

The pushing of Potter has made it a bit more difficult as far as I'm aware. A case of go for him and see what happens. Or go with someone that could lift the place emotionally and a quick fix for prem football. That's what the club intended before Potter. 

Take it as you like, I have no reason to not believe them now they were correct over the sacking. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

What would be the incentive for Chelsea to speed things up for him to come to us? The only scenario that would make any sense from their perspective is if they wanted to grab Rodgers, but I can’t see that being the case

I don't believe Chelsea did this but an incentive would be to save severance money. When a manager is sacked it is not uncommon that he is kept on the payroll but just doesn't have to do his job, like gardening leave. This saves the club that 'sacked' him from dishing out a big wedge. That is what Spurs did with Poch. But however, when the sacked manager wants to take a new job he will need to terminate his contract with the old club and thus terminate his severance pay. In the Chelsea statement, it says Potter is helping with a smooth transition which very much sounds like he could be on gardening leave

Just now, Lcfcman2010 said:

Here's what I know. 

Potter wasn't in contention, but the sacking of BR made Chelsea decision as another contender now in the market. 

Rafa will do championship if we go down. MON won't. Neither will the other on shortlist. 

The pushing of Potter has made it a bit more difficult as far as I'm aware. A case of go for him and see what happens. Or go with someone that could lift the place emotionally and a quick fix for prem football. That's what the club intended before Potter. 

Take it as you like, I have no reason to not believe them now they were correct over the sacking. 

MON? I bloody hope not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting that we have 8 players out of contract and a likely Maddison sale in the summer.

Whoever comes in will take control of a massive rebuild, whether that's in the PL or the Championship. 

While the panic is obviously on our position and the hope to avoid relegation, it might be more prudent to get in a manager who would be good at building a new project. Worry about the long term, not the short term.

The trouble with this for me is that there's only 3 spots to come back up in the championship obviously. It might not happen instantly. Meanwhile the loans taken against EPL prize money will be a huge problem if we don't come up fast.  

With that in mind surely survival at any costs by any manager necessary would be the sensible option?

4 minutes ago, Lcfcman2010 said:

Here's what I know. 

I have little time for supposed ITK and same goes for you (nothing personal) 

But, based on logic,. probability and educated guesses, I think your summary makes absolute sense. 

5 minutes ago, Verumex said:

He'll get some games to work.with the current crop before making those decisions in the summer. Ironically much akin to the way we signed Brendan. It was now or never

Say what you like about our board but even they aren't thick enough to draw up a managerial shortlist and have Martin O'Neill as one of their top three. He's managed 19 club league games in the past decade.

• Like 3